ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ Dallas Mavericks - 7pm est, Friday January 1, 2021

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Re: Miami Heat @ Dallas Mavericks - 7pm est, Friday January 1, 2021 

Post#361 » by Dc__20 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:14 am

While I hope harkless works out... he looks trash, crowder fit right away. Precious on the other hand.... I’m loving what I’m seeing from his overall game, he reads the game nicely and puts himself in position
jele
Senior
And1: 962

Post#362 » by jele » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:47 am

This was the type of game where Bam has to take at least 20 shots to the basket. Specially when he is hitting the midrange jumper and the rest of the squad is cold as hell.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#363 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:12 am

I'm not trying to over-react to meaningless pre-season loss, but to me it looks like what we're missing is just a good creator/scorer.

We have Herro, Dragic, and Jimmy.

One is still growing, one is past-prime, and one isn't really a typical "scorer" with his mentality.

I'm missing that guy that can get you 16 points off the bench regardless of what happens. Like a Lou Williams type.

We might be ok without one if Dragic keeps healthy, Jimmy stays aggressive and Herro stabilizes his game a bit. But that extra guy that can just get you buckets would really be handy. Sadly Kelly will never be that guy, way too inconsistent. Nunn looks lost, don't know why.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,901

Post#364 » by Dirk » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:43 am

DayofMourning wrote:And seriously, phuck Luka. I don't even like looking at his stupid face. What a pussy.

Happy new year everyone.

This Heat team looks drunk, but more likely than not, they'll go on one of their patented winning runs soon enough and get back to the standard of the previous season. The NBA looks a mess this year, so it's hard to read teams.
60/21/10
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#365 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:57 am

Dirk wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:And seriously, phuck Luka. I don't even like looking at his stupid face. What a pussy.

Happy new year everyone.

This Heat team looks drunk, but more likely than not, they'll go on one of their patented winning runs soon enough and get back to the standard of the previous season. The NBA looks a mess this year, so it's hard to read teams.

Dang Dirk. Busting my balls in here. I already got PM'd by bw. Iggie even added corrective feedback to my profile. Then you roll up here with ole crybaby boy shaking Bam. What's next? Howard ringing my doorbell?

Spoiler:
Seriously though, hope I didn't offend anyone too much with my low brow comment

Spoiler:
Glad I didn't post it on the GB like I had planned.

Spoiler:
I can't believe you opened this one too.

Spoiler:
Or this one.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#366 » by Dirk » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:02 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Dang Dirk. Busting my balls in here. I already got PM'd by bw. Iggie even added corrective feedback to my profile. Then you roll up here with ole crybaby boy shaking Bam. What's next? Howard ringing my doorbell?

Ah, is that for real?

It'd be a sad day if one had to watch over our comments on a team board.
60/21/10
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#367 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:12 am

Dirk wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Ah, is that for real?

Well, one must be mindful of our words and how they affect others.

I shoot from the hip sometimes.

But at least I hit my target better than 16.1% of the time. Not even Luka can match that.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,754

Post#368 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:33 am

Dirk wrote:

Happy new year everyone.

Oh wow I didn't see the game but fat luka making bam dance here is crazy. Next year luka is going to hit the ground running in shape, I'm sure.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#369 » by Dirk » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:33 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Dirk wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Ah, is that for real?

But at least I hit my target better than 16.1% of the time. Not even Luka can match that.

No way. You write to the Heat audience and express your feelings and likely exacerbate your feelings to lighten the mood. The problem is with those who are too sensitive and lack nuance.

While there are limits (I've seen some horrific posts over the years in some boards wishing injuries and worse) and one has to be mindful about not contributing to lowering down the level, your post in question is fine. Luka is annoying to many opposing fans in many games. You didn't write anything that isn't mentioned regularly by fans of other teams when they play him.

I can't believe you've forced me to write so many words. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and drop the video. Also, I received your PM with your concerns about Iggie's actions. I already forwarded them to Howard. Sounds like an egregious abuse of power to be shaming you in the user comments section.
60/21/10
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,754

Post#370 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:03 am

Majestic7 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Majestic7 wrote:It's hard to overcome a first half that ugly. Bounce back on Monday against OKC. Hopefully Jimmy will be more inspired.

Missed your posts recently. Hope all is well.

My Mom suddenly passed away. I'm all messed up. Not good. :(

Oh no. I am very, very sorry for your loss. Love and cherish all the memories you have with her.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#371 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:14 am

Dirk wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Ah, is that for real?

No way. You write to the Heat audience and express your feelings and likely exacerbate your feelings to lighten the mood. The problem is with those who are too sensitive and lack nuance.

While there are limits (I've seen some horrific posts over the years in some boards wishing injuries and worse) and one has to be mindful about not contributing to lowering down the level, your post in question is fine. Luka is annoying to many opposing fans in many games. You didn't write anything that isn't mentioned regularly by fans of other teams when they play him.

I can't believe you've forced me to write so many words. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and drop the video. Also, I received your PM with your concerns about Iggie's actions. I already forwarded them to Howard. Sounds like an egregious abuse of power to be shaming you in the user comments section.

TL;DR

Was thinking about taking Howard up on that Galactic Mod spot he offered me a while back. With that kind of power I'd make Iggie suffer.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#372 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:13 pm

Tyler Herro is so excellent coming off screens from the 2, 3 and sometimes 4 spots. Playing the same role Nunn played early last year. Nunn was excellent coming off screens and picks at his peak last year, Herro is even better. He is very good at catching defenders off balance when they are chasing him off screens. IMO this is Herro strength in the halfcourt offense.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#373 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:21 pm

I never believed in OP
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#374 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:28 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm not trying to over-react to meaningless pre-season loss, but to me it looks like what we're missing is just a good creator/scorer.

One is still growing, one is past-prime, and one isn't really a typical "scorer" with his mentality.

I'm missing that guy that can get you 16 points off the bench regardless of what happens. Like a Lou Williams type.

We might be ok without one if Dragic keeps healthy, Jimmy stays aggressive and Herro stabilizes his game a bit. But that extra guy that can just get you buckets would really be handy. Sadly Kelly will never be that guy, way too inconsistent. Nunn looks lost, don't know why.

Nunn and D Rob are both highly inconsistent players. I know D Rob has that great 3 pt %, but he is not going to create his own shot. If teams play man to man and the Heat can’t get a player off D Rob, he has a bad night on offense. Considering he doesn’t add much else to the team, that’s not something the Heat really will miss if the right trade opportunity arises.
OP for NBA FT record
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#375 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:29 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Majestic7 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Missed your posts recently. Hope all is well.

My Mom suddenly passed away. I'm all messed up. Not good. :(

Oh no. I am very, very sorry for your loss. Love and cherish all the memories you have with her.
oh man that's tough,deep condolences, you have my sympathies as well. :(
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#376 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:31 pm

anyways, i'm baffled that people are still counting these games a pre season games

Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,218

Post#377 » by Dmcdani6 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:28 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm not trying to over-react to meaningless pre-season loss, but to me it looks like what we're missing is just a good creator/scorer.

Nunn and D Rob are both highly inconsistent players. I know D Rob has that great 3 pt %, but he is not going to create his own shot. If teams play man to man and the Heat can’t get a player off D Rob, he has a bad night on offense. Considering he doesn’t add much else to the team, that’s not something the Heat really will miss if the right trade opportunity arises.

This is not true at all. He may not shoot well all the time but he made some good reads used his dribble since ppl were overplaying him(Drob).

Im really curious what happened to Nunn?? He looks like his confidence is gone. Crazy
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#378 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:06 pm

Dmcdani6 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

This is not true at all. He may not shoot well all the time but he made some good reads used his dribble since ppl were overplaying him(Drob).

Im really curious what happened to Nunn?? He looks like his confidence is gone. Crazy

5 points.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,335

Post#379 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:08 pm

Lou Williams would probably do enough to solidify us as a top 4 East team
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#380 » by IggieCC » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:48 pm

Dirk > Fat Luka and it's not particularly close
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP