ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Bulls (Jan 3, 8PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,857

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Bulls (Jan 3, 8PM EST) 

Post#41 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:16 am

leolozon wrote:I seem to be the only one thinking this, but Green should be given minutes! Think about the future! And it's not as if the 10 guys playing now are all killing it...

Look at what Precious Achiuwa is doing.

Just play him and let him a chance to develop and make mistakes!!!

Can't be any worse than Burke or Johnson, I don't get why we don't give the youngsters a chance instead of sticking to something that isn't working.
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#42 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:27 am

Hopefully people can fully appreciate how truly terrible this team is without Doncic. Powell should not be on an NBA roster. THJ is a chucker. Don't think people truly understand how bad this roster, minus Luka/KP, is.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#43 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:31 am

Have to hit your 3’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#44 » by Archx » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:32 am

Losing to Billy Donovan and a 1 man team that are Bulls must be some kind of next level embarrassment. Even then Brunson had to have a career night just to keep them close. :nonono:
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#45 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:33 am

Thanks for nothing Timmy
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#46 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:38 am

Archx wrote:Losing to Billy Donovan and a 1 man team that are Bulls must be some kind of next level embarrassment. Even then Brunson had to have a career night just to keep them close. :nonono:

What do you expect? They start three scrubs. Powell, THJ, and DFS aren't even part of the 8 man rotation for a contender.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#47 » by Archx » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:43 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Archx wrote:Losing to Billy Donovan and a 1 man team that are Bulls must be some kind of next level embarrassment. Even then Brunson had to have a career night just to keep them close. :nonono:

What do you expect? They start three scrubs. Powell, THJ, and DFS aren't even part of the 8 man rotation for a contender.

THJ has become incredibly inconsistent and streaky. He needs Luka to feed him those open looks. I expected more of him tonight though. DFS is fine for what he does.. But as you probably saw, they couldn't execute properly two straight 2v1 fast breaks. Even Bulls announcers were shocked.

THJ needs to go to the bench because they need someone to provide the spark. Maxi is obviously not that type of player and they got rid of Curry and JJB.

Moving forward, DFS, Luka, KP, Maxi, Jrich is realistically by far the best 5 man lineup Mavs can have on the floor. 2 bad Rick probably won't ever start them together.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#48 » by Absinthe » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:32 am

Dallas is 27th in team three point percentage this season. If that doesn’t improve they’re going to continue to get waxed. A poor defensive team is going to lose almost every time if they can’t shoot. And no, Doncic is not the savior because even his three point shooting this season has been abysmal.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#49 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:51 am

Playing bad, your second star is out, it’s only your 6th game and you decide to load management of your best player, who desperately needs playing time to come back in shape? Mavs need as many wins possible until Luka and KP together look good on court. You just cannot lose against Bulls, who are pretty bad and were missing many players.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#50 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:52 am

Reading this thread i'm happy i didn't stay up all night to watch the game.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#51 » by wolfram » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:10 am

So two losses to Hornets and Bulls. Deja vu from last year. Losing so often to bottom teams is an indicator this team is not as good as we think. Even without two best players.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#52 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:39 am

wolfram wrote:So two losses to Hornets and Bulls. Deja vu from last year. Losing so often to bottom teams is an indicator this team is not as good as we think. Even without two best players.

The team was basically hyped up with the media saying Doncic is the next coming of Lebron James. It makes a good story. But in reality, the team is still very raw. It's still ways from actual contention. But Cuban needs to ride it to attract other free agents, saying we have two all stars and we need a third. It's marketing fluff. So when you break it down, it's still a team with a 21 year old high ceiling prospect, plus a 7'3 all borderline all star who we are trying to load manage and keep healthy. That's basically it.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,857

Post#53 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:35 pm

This team is a borderline contender with Luka and KP both playing, fringe playoff team with just Luka and absolute garbage scrubfest when both of them are out.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,002

Post#54 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:22 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:This team is a borderline contender with Luka and KP both playing, fringe playoff team with just Luka and absolute garbage scrubfest when both of them are out.
I know it's frustrating.
We must just wait and see what Cuban and Nelson do to improve the team. I want to be positive but it's difficult.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:08 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Hardaway and Richardson think they are much much better than they actually are

Amen to that. Both tries to make plays as if they are some next-comings of LeBron or Kobe.

How the **** is Hardaway still attempting pull-up 3 pointers with a hand all up in his face. You can have two wide-open men in the corner and Hardaway with the ball on top. Dribble, dribble - pull-up highly contested, brick upon brick. He didn't do it much last season, but from what i've seen this season that's a big part of his game. Can't trade him fast enough if he doesn't stop that **** and plays like he should - a 3&D guy that rarely tries to create his own shot. As for Richardson he do attack to much 1 on 1 and is a mediocre shooter for his career. I don't like the fit with Luka, cause Richardson is most effective with the ball in his hands and Luka really doesn't work off-ball. That Curry trade has potential to backfire bigtime, hopefully the team can adjust when KP is back.

And as for KP. I heard a week ago he was back in full-training. So what are they waiting for? Play his as* and the same with Doncic
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#56 » by JD45 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:41 pm

aggerrard wrote:
And as for KP. I heard a week ago he was back in full-training. So what are they waiting for? Play his as* and the same with Doncic

The surgery has healed. Its just a matter of making sure the repaired knee is at full strength after a period of limited activity. Even if he felt perfectly fine, playing him with one knee weaker than the other is just asking for another injury.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:59 pm

JD45 wrote:
aggerrard wrote:

The surgery has healed. Its just a matter of making sure the repaired knee is at full strength after a period of limited activity. Even if he felt perfectly fine, playing him with one knee weaker than the other is just asking for another injury.

Isn't that what he did for the last three month - strengthen the knee? If he's back in full-practice his knee should be well tested and 100% fine.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#58 » by JD45 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:07 pm

aggerrard wrote:
JD45 wrote:
aggerrard wrote:

Isn't that what he did for the last three month - strengthen the knee? If he's back in full-practice his knee should be well tested and 100% fine.

He had a meniscus repair, not just a removal of the torn portion. So he would have had to stay off the knee for a while. Thats why the recovery time for a repair is so much longer than just a partial removal. But long term it is much better to have the repair.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:07 pm

JD45 wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
JD45 wrote:

He had a meniscus repair, not just a removal of the torn portion. So he would have had to stay off the knee for a while. Thats why the recovery time for a repair is so much longer than just a partial removal. But long term it is much better to have the repair.

Isn't it around a month with recovery +/- and then 2-3 month of rebuilding before returning to full action? When you return to full practice you should be 100%. KP said it's all about finding the rhythm again.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#60 » by BlueSan » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:23 pm

I told you guys before the start of the season, that we aint gonna see Porizinis in the first half of January worst case scenario not even January.

Return to Dallas Mavericks