ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#61 » by Clemenza » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 pm

KL2 wrote:So the Clippers reporter who trashed the team and aired out all the dirty laundry through anonymous sources has joined the Lakers.

How shocking.

Like Trezz and Doc, good riddance.

Co-sign.. Klutch and Jeannie's payroll ran deep
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#62 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:02 pm

Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#63 » by Max Headrom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod:

I do not miss that "defense" ONE BIT :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#64 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:41 pm

How long before LeBron gets sick of this guy and forces the Lakers to trade him?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#65 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm

It's so weird that a high motor guy is so bad on defense (especially in that Portland clip, that's 8 points directly attributable to him in the last 3-4 minutes of the game.) I guess if he played hard at both ends of the floor, he'd get gassed even earlier though? I think mainly he just has really poor defensive instincts, on those pick n rolls he tries to help by playing zone defense (sort of) which only means either Lillard shoots right over him, or Nurkic blows right by him on the roll...
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#66 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:39 am

2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#67 » by NippySudz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:29 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:It's so weird that a high motor guy is so bad on defense (especially in that Portland clip, that's 8 points directly attributable to him in the last 3-4 minutes of the game.) I guess if he played hard at both ends of the floor, he'd get gassed even earlier though? I think mainly he just has really poor defensive instincts, on those pick n rolls he tries to help by playing zone defense (sort of) which only means either Lillard shoots right over him, or Nurkic blows right by him on the roll...

I think for the case of him and Lou will it wasn't a focus point in their development so when they reach their peak years for the Professional level, everyone's already passed them.

I kinda don't fault him. Last night I saw PG at the top of the key, CJ just sagged off Batum for the slightest of second and PG made that read and passed it to PG for the corner 3. That was so quick I was like wtf How did PG made that read in real time? And PG's playmaking skills aren't the best in the league. They're not bad, but not the elite of a chris paul, etc.

I do think trezz should do better but I think he has a ceiling of how well he can defend or make those type of reads from a defensive point.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by NippySudz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:44 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
KL2 wrote:So the Clippers reporter who trashed the team and aired out all the dirty laundry through anonymous sources has joined the Lakers.

How shocking.

Like Trezz and Doc, good riddance.

I knew there was an agenda with the timing of that rehashed crap he released a couple of weeks ago...

I mean, the laker gig he landed is a sweet gig. But from the optics I'm looking like, it look like he got kicked to the curb lol. Yeah, he covers the lakers but how much access is he going to have to the lakers compared to the clippers?

Dave Mcmenanmin, Ramona shelburne are the go to reporters for that team. For scoops, anything Lebron, etc. Jovan is not covering anything Lebron. If Trezz tries to play chinese whispers over there, He's getting traded and he's being dropped. It'll probably be career suicide to try to go to the media on a lebron james led team and the NBA's most popular franchise, the lakers.

Now, he's just regulated to being a beat writer that's among the pile of them that cover the lakers.
SnoopDub
Junior
And1: 240

Post#69 » by SnoopDub » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Dont worry Trezz. You wont be missed.

You were a good sixth man but not good enough. He is a liability on defense. Im pretty happy with our roster right now.

The only thing we lack is playmaking. I really want that clippers lakers match in the playoffs
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#70 » by TheNewEra » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:05 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:It's so weird that a high motor guy is so bad on defense (especially in that Portland clip, that's 8 points directly attributable to him in the last 3-4 minutes of the game.) I guess if he played hard at both ends of the floor, he'd get gassed even earlier though? I think mainly he just has really poor defensive instincts, on those pick n rolls he tries to help by playing zone defense (sort of) which only means either Lillard shoots right over him, or Nurkic blows right by him on the roll...

I called this last season and it made the play from the 3rd quarter mid point to the end even more insane. You want Trez who’s already undersized to hustle and put up points attacking the rim AND be the last line of defense!?! No reason the 4th quarter net rating sucked with the starting unit
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#71 » by nickhx2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:42 pm

AND let's play him the entire 4th after already playing him half the 3rd - doc "MOVE THE BALL" rivers
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:20 pm

SnoopDub wrote:Dont worry Trezz. You wont be missed.

You were a good sixth man but not good enough. He is a liability on defense. Im pretty happy with our roster right now.

The only thing we lack is playmaking. I really want that clippers lakers match in the playoffs

the clippers are regulalry getting 30 asts a game without a point guard. Clippers are doing it Spurs style moving the ball.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#73 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 10:54 pm

yeah i'm tired of the gb playmaking narrative lol. obviously it's not the same as having cp3 lead the way but the team added batum and kennard for a reason. not to mention lue transforming the offense.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Post#74 » by og15 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:20 am

Trezz has had two games with under 10 points so far, he had a total of 4 last season. He’s down 5.9 FGA/36 and also down 2 mpg.

This is what I meant when I didn’t understand the predictions that he would have a career year. I just was not understanding where people believed the minutes and touches would come from. We’ll see, but so far, I can’t see where he gets the same minutes and touches to put up better numbers than 19/7.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#75 » by lautreamont » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:41 am

og15 wrote:Trezz has had two games with under 10 points so far, he had a total of 4 last season. He’s down 5.9 FGA/36 and also down 2 mpg.

This is what I meant when I didn’t understand the predictions that he would have a career year. I just was not understanding where people believed the minutes and touches would come from. We’ll see, but so far, I can’t see where he gets the same minutes and touches to put up better numbers than 19/7.

Lakers have too much offensive talent for Trezz to score 19 a game. His ceiling will be more like 15/7 with the Lakers.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Post#76 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:20 am

lautreamont wrote:
og15 wrote:Trezz has had two games with under 10 points so far, he had a total of 4 last season. He’s down 5.9 FGA/36 and also down 2 mpg.

Lakers have too much offensive talent for Trezz to score 19 a game. His ceiling will be more like 15/7 with the Lakers.

Trezz is a better fit for the 2021 Lakers than for the 2021 Clippers. Serge Ibaka is a better fit for the 2021 Clippers. But I don't think Serge Ibaka was a better fit for the 2020 Clippers--or for the 2020 Lakers either, come to think of it...

This chemistry thing is tricky. If it were just building fantasy teams, the Rockets would be going on a three-peat.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#77 » by Clemenza » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 am

Wow, Trez straight up glued to the Lakers bench for that forth and overtime session. Things change when Doc Rivers isn't in your corner anymore. He actually had a good game tonight. He looked heated sitting on the sideline
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#78 » by nickhx2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:57 am

when you're so unplayable that you can't even get minutes with anthony davis gone lmao
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#79 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:20 am

It's going to be hilarious when the Lakers trade him to a non-contending team at the deadline after he took less money to sign there.

The book is out on Trez, he will spend the rest of his career stat-padding on treadmill teams. That's what happens when mediocre, undersized big men who can't rebound or play defense start acting like they're superstars.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#80 » by LamarWho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am

Benedict looked pretty pissed having to sit on the bench in the 4th and OT. I can't blame him, he was having a good game. Doesn't help that the guy he's backing up is basically a dinosaur on his last leg.

I guess Vogel is a defensive minded coach and did his homework on Benedict's defensive history.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers