Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Pistons sign Jerami Grant 

Post#401 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:13 am

The Moose wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:I don’t want to flip Grant for anyone. He’s a stud. Look at Denver since he and Plum left. They are terrible. It’s possible Grant is part of our future.

Denver is struggling but it has more to do with lineup continuity and injuries rather than Plumlee and Grant leaving. We have 7 new players so we do have to settle on lineups, regain chemistry, learn to play together.....really not uncommon IMO.

As for your stud, his stats are hollow IMO and what, he's led you to a whopping 1-5 record, that's leadership !! :banghead:

I get wanting to keep him around, he's a good player most DEN fans were disappointed to see him leave. But no need to get self-righteous, cocky or even just snarky, it doesn't work when you're the worst team in the league.

Denver fans sure seem insecure about Grant.
Every thread on the GB about Grant is always filled with Nuggets fans making sure that everybody knows the reasons the Nuggets have been awful this season ( a whopping 2-4 record) isn't because Grant and Plumlee left.

I'm gonna guess you haven't actually watched a single one of our games, so your opinion on what is hollow or not is most likely irrelevant. If you have watched our games, then your opinion is just wrong.

So much better than a DET fan getting snarky, crowing about how much better this team is .....despite the 1-5 league worst record. I see how Grant's 3-pt shooting has declined, how much he's improved your winning record. We'll see how much better DET is with Grant rather than DEN without him is at the end of the season.

Snarky only works when you're winning, that's my point. Hans saying DEN is terrible, implying it's because Grant left is just stupid !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#402 » by The Moose » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:19 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Denver is struggling but it has more to do with lineup continuity and injuries rather than Plumlee and Grant leaving. We have 7 new players so we do have to settle on lineups, regain chemistry, learn to play together.....really not uncommon IMO.

As for your stud, his stats are hollow IMO and what, he's led you to a whopping 1-5 record, that's leadership !! :banghead:

I get wanting to keep him around, he's a good player most DEN fans were disappointed to see him leave. But no need to get self-righteous, cocky or even just snarky, it doesn't work when you're the worst team in the league.

Every thread on the GB about Grant is always filled with Nuggets fans making sure that everybody knows the reasons the Nuggets have been awful this season ( a whopping 2-4 record) isn't because Grant and Plumlee left.

I'm gonna guess you haven't actually watched a single one of our games, so your opinion on what is hollow or not is most likely irrelevant. If you have watched our games, then your opinion is just wrong.

So much better than a DET fan getting snarky, crowing about how much better this team is .....despite the 1-5 league worst record. I see how Grant's 3-pt shooting has declined, how much he's improved your winning record. We'll see how much better DET is with Grant rather than DEN without him is at the end of the season.

Snarky only works when you're winning, that's my point. Hans saying DEN is terrible, implying it's because Grant left is just stupid !!

I dont want to speak for him, but I'm pretty sure everyone on this board knows our team is one of the bottom 3-5 in the league, nobody is arguing that. Grant has just been a pleasant surprise on a bad team
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,061

Post#403 » by MrBigShot » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:I don’t want to flip Grant for anyone. He’s a stud. Look at Denver since he and Plum left. They are terrible. It’s possible Grant is part of our future.

I wasn't a fan of the Grant signing (he's starting to sway me) but c'mon now, this is just silly logic. Our record being bad doesn't make his stats hollow, our record is bad because our roster flat out sucks.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
skywalker33

Post#404 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:34 am

The Moose wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Moose wrote:

I dont want to speak for him, but I'm pretty sure everyone on this board knows our team is one of the bottom 3-5 in the league, nobody is arguing that. Grant has just been a pleasant surprise on a bad team

And as you should note, I agree with you, Grant is a good player. I was also one who congratulated you on your first win, I see a lot of good building blocks for the Pistons, but you're not there yet. But don't expect a true Nug fan to take crap because you signed one of our former players. I will also stand by my opinion it was a selfish move by him, but that's his prerogative. But to act like HE made the Nuggets a title contender is erroneous, it's not like he was even one of our top 3 players.

skywalker33

Post#405 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:36 am

MrBigShot wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I wasn't a fan of the Grant signing (he's starting to sway me) but c'mon now, this is just silly logic. Our record being bad doesn't make his stats hollow, our record is bad because our roster flat out sucks.

Not what I said, it's what you interpreted, isn't it ?

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#406 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

And as you should note, I agree with you, Grant is a good player. I was also one who congratulated you on your first win, I see a lot of good building blocks for the Pistons, but you're not there yet. But don't expect a true Nug fan to take crap because you signed one of our former players. I will also stand by my opinion it wasn't a selfish move by him, but that's his prerogative. But to act like HE made the Nuggets a title contender is erroneous, it's not like he was even one of our top 3 players.
Take crap? Am I missing something? Did he come to the Nuggets board with this take too?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#407 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:45 am

DetroitSho wrote:Take crap? Am I missing something? Did he come to the Nuggets board with this take too?

Perhaps you missed this part of the crap I was talking about and does it matter where he posted it ?

Han Solo wrote:Look at Denver since he and Plum left. They are terrible.

DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#408 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:53 am

skywalker33 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Take crap? Am I missing something? Did he come to the Nuggets board with this take too?

Perhaps you missed this part of the crap I was talking about

No I saw that. I missed the part where you were minding your business and this comment went to your phone out of the blue. You clearly came to another team's forum to a thread about Grant because you feel SOMETHING for him. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't align with some hollow stat guy you're making him out to be.

I just fail to see how saying Denver is terrible right now is somehow giving you crap when it was done in a Pistons forum thread. Now, the correlation between the loss of Grant (he also mentioned Plumlee too, not sure if you noticed) and them being bad may be completely incorrect as time may prove. But I'm not seeing the part where you were subjected to taking crap.

skywalker33

Post#409 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:59 am

DetroitSho wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

No I saw that. I missed the part where you were minding your business and this comment went to your phone out of the blue. You clearly came to another team's forum to a thread about Grant because you feel SOMETHING for him. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't align with some hollow stat guy you're making him out to be.

I just fail to see how saying Denver is terrible right now is somehow giving you crap when it was done in a Pistons forum thread. Now, the correlation between the loss of Grant (he also mentioned Plumlee too, not sure if you noticed) and them being bad may be completely incorrect as time may prove. But I'm not seeing the part where you were subjected to taking crap.

So what's your problem, that I called him out on his comment, that I labeled it "crap" or that you think this isn't a PUBLIC forum and that you own it ?? Nobody complained when I came over to congratulate you on your victory over the C's...

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#410 » by vege » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:18 am

Denver has been crap since Grant and Plumlee left, I don't know why this Denver fan is butthurt because of that. They also decided to let Malik Beasley leave and the guy has been amazing for Minny. Meanwhile Denver fans have overhyped garbage players like Gary Harris for years.

I don't care about what Denver fans say about their team being bad having nothing to do with the players they lost. They've lost almost they're entire 2nd unity, and they were all good players. The players replacing them are garbage. Denver has 2 amazing players, and they'll be terrible this season. Plumlee/Grant/Craig/Beasley are all missed by Denver, just accept it. And accept the fact that Denver is bad.

And show some respect to another fanbase while posting in their own boards, no one went to Denver boards say your team is garbage (which they are), so don't come here, call out the guy for stating his opinion in his own team boards and don't come here saying our team is garbage.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#411 » by Han Solo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Lmfao. I don’t post in the Nuggets forum because I’m not insecure.

Glad you felt the need to come in here butthurt.
skywalker33

Post#412 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:28 am

Han Solo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Well I never said you were insecure (is reading a problem here ?) and I'm not butthurt (thanks for your concern) , just wanted to correct your stupid comments. Ignorance is a terrible way to live, Hans, I'm just trying to help improve your perspective :lol:

And BTW, what happened to Grant, why has he only played 2min vs. MIL ??

skywalker33

Post#413 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:38 am

vege wrote:Denver has been crap since Grant and Plumlee left, I don't know why this Denver fan is butthurt because of that. They also decided to let Malik Beasley leave and the guy has been amazing for Minny. Meanwhile Denver fans have overhyped garbage players like Gary Harris for years.

I don't care about what Denver fans say about their team being bad having nothing to do with the players they lost. They've lost almost they're entire 2nd unity, and they were all good players. The players replacing them are garbage. Denver has 2 amazing players, and they'll be terrible this season. Plumlee/Grant/Craig/Beasley are all missed by Denver, just accept it. And accept the fact that Denver is bad.

And show some respect to another fanbase while posting in their own boards, no one went to Denver boards say your team is garbage (which they are), so don't come here, call out the guy for stating his opinion in his own team boards and don't come here saying our team is garbage.

Respect is a two-way street, vege, the Nuggets were in the Conference Finals despite trading away Malik, playing well on **** teams like MINN isn't that hard to do, now is it ? And if you didn't notice the resurgence of defense against UTH and LAC when Harris returned, well that shows a lot about your BBIQ, doesn't it ??

So if this is your board, only that person has the right to spout an opinion, that sounds like a double-standard, now doesn't it, we need more of that in this world, don't we ??

And you guys say I'm butthurt....LMAO

Peace Out

DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#414 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:49 am

skywalker33 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

So what's your problem, that I called him out on his comment, that I labeled it "crap" or that you think this isn't a PUBLIC forum and that you own it ?? Nobody complained when I came over to congratulate you on your victory over the C's...
Yeah you know what it is homeboy. And if you want to pretend you don't just read the next two posts after your quoted posts.

DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#415 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:25 am

I didn’t see the impact Grant could have on the Pistons. I will admit that I didn’t see a lot of Grant. Better tha. Expectations.
Darth Wallace
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#416 » by Darth Wallace » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:28 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Well I never said you were insecure (is reading a problem here ?) and I'm not butthurt (thanks for your concern) , just wanted to correct your stupid comments. Ignorance is a terrible way to live, Hans, I'm just trying to help improve your perspective :lol:

And BTW, what happened to Grant, why has he only played 2min vs. MIL ??

R/iamverysmart
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,885

Post#417 » by tmorgan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:20 am

This Nugs guy is very fortunate Grant didn’t sign with the Celtics. Go to their board, talk some smack, and hold this ban.

That said, I’m glad we don’t operate that way on the Pistons board. Yes, Captain Obvious, it’s a public forum, but you’ve got your head up your... sand... if you don’t understand the difference between calling the Nuggets bad here vs. on the GB vs. on the actual Nugs forum. It’s not the same thing, and unless you have a psychological ailment that makes you unable to understand social cues, you should know that.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#418 » by El Chivo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:21 am

Nuggets' fans tears all around.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#419 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:08 am

But 7 games ago almost everyone questioned his signing here, believing that Weaver was nuts to give him that contract and it was "further" proof the rookie GM hadn't learnt a thing under Presti in OKC.

Now?

The majority like Grant.
The majority like Plumlee.
The majority like Jackson.

And other than Hayes struggling at PG our rookies are looking good

What a difference 7 games can make
El Chivo wrote:Nuggets' fans tears all around.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#420 » by El Chivo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:15 am

I would have drafted Avdija, as I said after draft night and I wouldn't have signed Ellington and Okafor. But we are 1-6 playing competitive basketball, so I can't complain.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Return to Detroit Pistons