ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Rockets (Jan 4, 8PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Rockets (Jan 4, 8PM EST) 

Post#81 » by Pinkyring » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:08 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:We are going to have to choose between thj and Richardson, id much rather keep timmy as i think he's a better fit and could resign in 13m range, if we can use Richardson to get off Powell I'd do it, especially if we can land opj in the move

Richardson is likely trade bait. Him, DFS, and Brunson could get a decent return I’d imagine

If that much is going out the other team needs to take Powell too
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#82 » by dirkforpres » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:11 am

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:We are going to have to choose between thj and Richardson, id much rather keep timmy as i think he's a better fit and could resign in 13m range, if we can use Richardson to get off Powell I'd do it, especially if we can land opj in the move

Richardson is likely trade bait. Him, DFS, and Brunson could get a decent return I’d imagine

Depends on what’s coming back. Bagley would be a good reclamation project for the Mavs to gamble on.

No smart GM out there is taking Powell. He legitimately might be the worst rotation player in the league
FIRE JASON KIDD
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#83 » by Pinkyring » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:14 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Depends on what’s coming back. Bagley would be a good reclamation project for the Mavs to gamble on.

No smart GM out there is taking Powell. He legitimately might be the worst rotation player in the league

Id have gambled on baggs in the offseason but now, not a chance, sac would have to do a bag for powell swipe, nothing else id even consider seeing he's owed 8 figures next year
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#84 » by fuller4379 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:17 am

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:If that much is going out the other team needs to take Powell too

Id have gambled on baggs in the offseason but now, not a chance, sac would have to do a bag for powell swipe, nothing else id even consider seeing he's owed 8 figures next year

Marvin Bagley III when they could have drafted Luka. :lol:
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#85 » by dirkforpres » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:39 am

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:If that much is going out the other team needs to take Powell too

They’re not going to dump him. He’s still young enough and talented enough to warrant something. Hield and Bagley for Richardson, DFS, and Johnson works money wise. Mavs likely have to throw in more, but I’d love that trade for Dallas
FIRE JASON KIDD
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#86 » by boogiezen » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:46 am

Powell and his 11m per year. What a waste.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#87 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:47 am

aggerrard wrote:Takes a month before Luka is in last-season condition. He looks sooo slow. DFS so far this season has taken five steps back, if he can't hit his 3's, he's worth nothing really.

WCS started well. Makes no sense to take him out after 5 minutes

And yet he still got a triple double (and a win). Imagine when he’s in shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM

Post#88 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:05 am

I said this on this board during last nights game that I’ve been really impressed with WCS. He put up a really good stat line tonight 15/7/2/1/1. I’d much rather have WCS starting than Powell, while KP is out. He seems to really enjoy being in Dallas and his development seems to be going well.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#89 » by arkuo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:16 am

WCS is a starting quality center back in Sacramento paid like a backup. Powell is a backup paid like a starter.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#90 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:31 am

I’m watching this game again (in the 2nd quarter) and Luka is cooking Harden. His game has gotten better since the first couple of games. He looks like he’s getting into better shape. He looks strong.

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#91 » by SOUNDCHASER » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:45 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

They’re not going to dump him. He’s still young enough and talented enough to warrant something. Hield and Bagley for Richardson, DFS, and Johnson works money wise. Mavs likely have to throw in more, but I’d love that trade for Dallas
So Buddy and the bag boy?

First of all no to all expensive bad contracts like Buddy has.

Bag boy is not doing all that well either. THJ is right there with Buddy if you ask me he may be a little better.

Maybe Bagley looks better later on but so far this season his current FG% is under 40% significantly and his FT % is a little over 60% so I would make sure hes not falling off the cliff too badly. I realize his regular season averages are better but I am not feeling it so far.

I like his size at 6'11" and his rebounding at 7 or so rpg. He may have done ok last season but he has Holmes taking away minutes now and his stats may suffer for that drop in PT so his free agency could end up being a lot less costly to snag.

Certainly I would love to get rid of Powell but not if I have to take on Buddies huge contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:10 am

I know Johnson is more than likely to get traded at the deadline but I have to say that I like the edge he brings to the Mavs. It’s a similar to what Deshawn Stevenson brought to the team in 2011.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:44 am

Kings will never trade Bagley with Mavs. But let's say they would, did anyone watched how Bagley plays and looks? He would have been even more useless in Mavs than in Kings. And he's pretty bad defender too. THJ is cheaper than Hield and I don't see Hield being much better.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#94 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:52 am

HMFFL wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Burke quickly surpassing Powell as least useful player.
It's a damn shame.
He showed some value in the bubble and now nothing. Possible issues with coaches or etc?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I'm not sure really. I mean his defense was some of the worst I have seen at NBA level ever last night. Always out of position, hopelessly undersized and not even hustling.
Missing shots on offense is one thing, playinig this sort of Harden in JJBs body style defense is inexcusable imo.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#95 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 5, 2021 1:04 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

I dont see why Dal would want to do this. Hield is as one dimensional of a player as there is in the NBA, not particularly young, and entitled. DFS and J-Rich offer far more.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#96 » by leolozon » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:37 pm

It's nice that Luka performed well, but no one mentioned that his breakthrough game actually looked like what he did last year, including the exact same problems: 3/10 from 3 and 8 TOs. It's weird that everything was back, including the constant spamming of 3pt shots and being too careless with the ball.

It's at least a step in the right direction, but I hope he doesn't keep repeating the same mistakes as last year.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#97 » by Darren » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:21 pm

Mr B wrote:I’m watching this game again (in the 2nd quarter) and Luka is cooking Harden. His game has gotten better since the first couple of games. He looks like he’s getting into better shape. He looks strong.

I think Luka is not credit enough as a defender. Luka handled Harden pretty well defensively.
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#98 » by JJP » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:30 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Richardson is not likely a player to get traded unless there's really something hot on the trade market. The Mavs would still like to keep the books clean for the 2021 off-season, and trading Richardson clouds that up with an incoming contract. Plus. no team is doing due-diligence on a new player by seeing him play 6 games. Richardson's defense is good right now and will likely get better.

This was a good defensive effort against Houston. The idea of someone being trade-bait now is mostly knee-jerk in my opinion.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#99 » by dirkforpres » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:39 pm

JJP wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Richardson is not likely a player to get traded unless there's really something hot on the trade market. The Mavs would still like to keep the books clean for the 2021 off-season, and trading Richardson clouds that up with an incoming contract. Plus. no team is doing due-diligence on a new player by seeing him play 6 games. Richardson's defense is good right now and will likely get better.

This was a good defensive effort against Houston. The idea of someone being trade-bait now is mostly knee-jerk in my opinion.

It’s not a knee jerk reaction, I’m just basing it off of what Dallas has to offer and what they hope to get back.

The goal is always to pair a 3rd star with Luka and KP. Assuming those are our only untouchables, that makes Richardson our most valuable trade asset.. if a star becomes available, Richardson has to be involved. It’s simple math
FIRE JASON KIDD
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,901

Post#100 » by Dirk » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:40 pm

WCS has been playing with an energy and sense of desperation never seen before.

First spotted here

Pass of the game

3toheadmelo wrote:**** Tim Hardaway is having the best game of his life right now

Spoiler:

Don't do this to yourself. Mavs are making the playoffs. Book it. Unless there's a devastating injury * knocks on wood *
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks