ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Rockets (Jan 4, 8PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Rockets (Jan 4, 8PM EST) 

Post#101 » by JJP » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:50 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
JJP wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Richardson is likely trade bait. Him, DFS, and Brunson could get a decent return I’d imagine

Richardson is not likely a player to get traded unless there's really something hot on the trade market. The Mavs would still like to keep the books clean for the 2021 off-season, and trading Richardson clouds that up with an incoming contract. Plus. no team is doing due-diligence on a new player by seeing him play 6 games. Richardson's defense is good right now and will likely get better.

This was a good defensive effort against Houston. The idea of someone being trade-bait now is mostly knee-jerk in my opinion.

It’s not a knee jerk reaction, I’m just basing it off of what Dallas has to offer and what they hope to get back.

The goal is always to pair a 3rd star with Luka and KP. Assuming those are our only untouchables, that makes Richardson our most valuable trade asset.. if a star becomes available, Richardson has to be involved. It’s simple math

That doesn't mean Richardson is "trade bait." His expiring contract could be more valuable to the Mavericks in free agency than a trade. But perhaps it's just the term you used to make your point.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,058

Post#102 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:27 pm

Dirk wrote:WCS has been playing with an energy and sense of desperation never seen before.

First spotted here

Pass of the game

3toheadmelo wrote:**** Tim Hardaway is having the best game of his life right now

Spoiler:

Don't do this to yourself. Mavs are making the playoffs. Book it. Unless there's a devastating injury * knocks on wood *

You guys will miss the playoffs and you’ll like it :o
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#103 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:56 pm

Darren wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m watching this game again (in the 2nd quarter) and Luka is cooking Harden. His game has gotten better since the first couple of games. He looks like he’s getting into better shape. He looks strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Luka is not credit enough as a defender. Luka handled Harden pretty well defensively.

He really did. The times he was guarding Harden he did a very good job of moving his feet and staying in front of him.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#104 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:56 pm

JJP wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:We are going to have to choose between thj and Richardson, id much rather keep timmy as i think he's a better fit and could resign in 13m range, if we can use Richardson to get off Powell I'd do it, especially if we can land opj in the move

Richardson is likely trade bait. Him, DFS, and Brunson could get a decent return I’d imagine

Richardson is not likely a player to get traded unless there's really something hot on the trade market. The Mavs would still like to keep the books clean for the 2021 off-season, and trading Richardson clouds that up with an incoming contract. Plus. no team is doing due-diligence on a new player by seeing him play 6 games. Richardson's defense is good right now and will likely get better.

This was a good defensive effort against Houston. The idea of someone being trade-bait now is mostly knee-jerk in my opinion.

Agree 100%. Lots of knee jerk reactions going on around here.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#105 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:58 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
JJP wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

It’s not a knee jerk reaction, I’m just basing it off of what Dallas has to offer and what they hope to get back.

The goal is always to pair a 3rd star with Luka and KP. Assuming those are our only untouchables, that makes Richardson our most valuable trade asset.. if a star becomes available, Richardson has to be involved. It’s simple math

True but defensively Richardson is exactly what this team needs. If you trade him you need to get back a player that is clearly better. You don’t trade a player to downgrade.

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#106 » by Pinkyring » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
JJP wrote:

True but defensively Richardson is exactly what this team needs. If you trade him you need to get back a player that is clearly better. You don’t trade a player to downgrade.

Who said trading him for a downgrade, he's decent defensively, better thsn what he have but he isn't a standout defender and could get near 20m this summer which is terrible
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#107 » by BlueSan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:55 pm

I was shocked when I saw the result.

Happy but shocked. Totally didnt expect this.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#108 » by Captain_Obvious » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:12 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Who said trading him for a downgrade, he's decent defensively, better thsn what he have but he isn't a standout defender and could get near 20m this summer which is terrible

why does it matter? so be it 25 million. Does that matter after next offseason?

He has a relative low cap hold. So we might do moves renouncing THJ. But I doubt it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#109 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:17 pm

Brad Townsend: Mavericks game notes say that Trey Burke (illness) is not traveling to Denver.

– via Twitter townbrad

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#110 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:18 pm

Brad Townsend: Carlisle: “In three games we’ve won, we’re holding opponents to an average of 85. In three games we’ve lost, it’s an average of 120.” Says Mavs need to realize that defense is “where our bread is going to be buttered.” Now I’m hungry.

– via Twitter townbrad

Mr B
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:17 am

HMFFL wrote:Brad Townsend: Carlisle: “In three games we’ve won, we’re holding opponents to an average of 85. In three games we’ve lost, it’s an average of 120.” Says Mavs need to realize that defense is “where our bread is going to be buttered.” Now I’m hungry.

– via Twitter townbrad

Carlisle is right. Offense is great and you do need a good offense but defense wins championships.

Return to Dallas Mavericks