ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#1321 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:00 am

Sugarless wrote:I don't know what the **** they're trying to run there with every freaking wing running plays that lead to TOs and awful shots while Rubio stays on the wing (*), but my draft night fears have been confirmed over and over. This trade was absurd for Minnesota and the worst thing that could happen to Rubio when he was coming off his best season and only getting better. If he doesn't get traded soon I don't think his career is ever going to be the same. This was a life altering move, a **** dreadful one, and with most teams now set at the PG position it'll be harder to turn things around every day.

A couple games ago I mentioned his time of possession and average dribbles per touch being career lows this season (by far). Same goes for his average dribbles per touch and his drives, which have always been his bread and butter. Just stay on the wing, run up and down along a bunch of headless chickens and try to do what you can to cover the plethora of holes that are created on defense with a group that is probably the most lacking in BBIQ and effort in the league. Then run again with them and maybe once in a while you can try to run a play while everyone else stands still, because once they run up the floor they don't know how to move without the ball (or with it). Pathetic asset management from Rosas and Saunders and some of the worst basketball I've watched in 30+ years.

Well Fultz just blew his knee so they may be out there in PG market.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#1322 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:06 am

Note30 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:I love Rubio but how many missed wideopen layups has he had so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at the "I love Rubio" part when your last 10 posts or more were basically blaming everything on him including the team losing while he is on the bench.

Same old same old. Fingerpointing, scapegoating. You probably werent here for his first stint. The culprit is the coaching and team construction, lack of accountability for the "young stars" as in the best Wiggins / Towns days. Rubio is forced to play the exact opposite of the role he thrives in. He said he will stand back if - and thats a big if - its in the interest of the team, translating to "i will come off the bench if the alternative proves to be better". Which obviously isnt the case.

Best for both sides to get a trade done quick. I still ponder the idea of him going to Clippers or spurs. Especially the Clips lost because they had no real point guard. They need him and he needs them. Wolves don't. Or maybe they do, but i dont think he will make a big difference for teh outcome of this season.

What would the trade even be?

Bev+filler for Rubio?

Honestly i havent understood in 20 years how the trade business works in the NBA (i'm european). I just say they need a competent, pass first point guard since they have plenty of shooters and finishers. I'm puzzled how they failed to acquire one. Then again they got themselves...Ty Lue :lol: :lol:
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#1323 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:06 am

RiRuHoops wrote:
Sugarless wrote:I don't know what the **** they're trying to run there with every freaking wing running plays that lead to TOs and awful shots while Rubio stays on the wing (*), but my draft night fears have been confirmed over and over. This trade was absurd for Minnesota and the worst thing that could happen to Rubio when he was coming off his best season and only getting better. If he doesn't get traded soon I don't think his career is ever going to be the same. This was a life altering move, a **** dreadful one, and with most teams now set at the PG position it'll be harder to turn things around every day.

A couple games ago I mentioned his time of possession and average dribbles per touch being career lows this season (by far). Same goes for his average dribbles per touch and his drives, which have always been his bread and butter. Just stay on the wing, run up and down along a bunch of headless chickens and try to do what you can to cover the plethora of holes that are created on defense with a group that is probably the most lacking in BBIQ and effort in the league. Then run again with them and maybe once in a while you can try to run a play while everyone else stands still, because once they run up the floor they don't know how to move without the ball (or with it). Pathetic asset management from Rosas and Saunders and some of the worst basketball I've watched in 30+ years.

WHAT??
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#1324 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:11 am

LesGrossman wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

WHAT??

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2037711
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#1325 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:10 am

RiRuHoops wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

WHAT??

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2037711

Oh man that kid cant catch a break
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#1326 » by Note30 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:15 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Note30 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:LOL at the "I love Rubio" part when your last 10 posts or more were basically blaming everything on him including the team losing while he is on the bench.

Same old same old. Fingerpointing, scapegoating. You probably werent here for his first stint. The culprit is the coaching and team construction, lack of accountability for the "young stars" as in the best Wiggins / Towns days. Rubio is forced to play the exact opposite of the role he thrives in. He said he will stand back if - and thats a big if - its in the interest of the team, translating to "i will come off the bench if the alternative proves to be better". Which obviously isnt the case.

Best for both sides to get a trade done quick. I still ponder the idea of him going to Clippers or spurs. Especially the Clips lost because they had no real point guard. They need him and he needs them. Wolves don't. Or maybe they do, but i dont think he will make a big difference for teh outcome of this season.

Bev+filler for Rubio?

Honestly i havent understood in 20 years how the trade business works in the NBA (i'm european). I just say they need a competent, pass first point guard since they have plenty of shooters and finishers. I'm puzzled how they failed to acquire one. Then again they got themselves...Ty Lue :lol: :lol:

I mean there arent that many good pass first PGs left. Rubio, Paul, Ball? Anyone else even semi-decent?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#1327 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:58 am

Note30 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Bev+filler for Rubio?

I mean there arent that many good pass first PGs left. Rubio, Paul, Ball? Anyone else even semi-decent?

Rondo
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Charly
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#1328 » by Charly » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:50 am

I feel that this team doesn't need Rubio at all.
If it was logical, Wolves would have to find a good trade for both sides.

What a bad luck for Ricky. Choose one franchise for enjoying basketball, play incredible last year, and finally finish in a team that doesn't have anything in common with his way of make things.

Can't wait til trade comes.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1329 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:50 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:I love Rubio but how many missed wideopen layups has he had so far?

Same old same old. Fingerpointing, scapegoating. You probably werent here for his first stint.

What? Ive been posting here since ‘08. What are you talking about? Lmao

LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1330 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:06 pm

I felt sorry for him the minute we trade for him and was know that he was going to be a backup PG. Kinda dissapointed at him actually that he accept that kinda role coming from his best season.

From the Wolves POV i always thought that was going to be Rubio-Dlo backcourt but maybe that was more like a dream. Dlo doesn't fit Rubio, he's not Booker, not either Mitchell. Those two can play inside, outside, draw fouls and defend better. Dlo is mainly a Pick and roll PG that needs the ball in his hand and his body is very thin for a SG. Add to this Beasley (He's ok) and then Edwards especially handling the ball like he's doing. Shooting the ball on ISO and the worst thing we can do to Rubio is happening. Rubio playing off the ball...
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#1331 » by andyhop » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:46 am

Pretty amazing that nobody in the Wolves organisation has ever watched the team play in previous years, given their replay of the Thibs era role for Rubio
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#1332 » by LesGrossman » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:56 am

andyhop wrote:Pretty amazing that nobody in the Wolves organisation has ever watched the team play in previous years, given their replay of the Thibs era role for Rubio

Its not evne fun to watch any more. What a waste of a year.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1333 » by Dual » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:30 am

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#1334 » by twix2500 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:30 am

Charly wrote:I feel that this team doesn't need Rubio at all.
If it was logical, Wolves would have to find a good trade for both sides.

What a bad luck for Ricky. Choose one franchise for enjoying basketball, play incredible last year, and finally finish in a team that doesn't have anything in common with his way of make things.

Can't wait til trade comes.

100% agree. The wolves needs multiple veteran defensive minded and good defensive forwards. Which they had one In James Johnson. I suggest the Wolves go after Draymond Green. The wolves should build their offense around Russell at point, Edwards at SG and Towns as a stretch center. Everyone else should complement this big three.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1335 » by urinesane » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:58 pm

Dual wrote:Some thoughts from Ricky after the game:
https://m.startribune.com/ricky-rubio-i-have-to-be-better/600008119/

A good leader showing accountability and taking ownership over his role. Ricky is a class act and I hope they start to put him in better situations to let him play his game. Part of that has to do with him, as he has zero confidence in his shot right now (looks like his first couple years here) and the arc is non existent, which means teams are guessing on passes and deflecting/intercepting a lot.

I think the way to open him up is to have Vanderbilt run PnR with him, that seems to be where Ricky's game shines the most. Right now having him simply stand in the corner with Edwards handling the ball is just a misuse of the best vet on the team.
Charly
Freshman

Post#1336 » by Charly » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:47 pm

I don't think that the situation of Rubio in the corner with someone managing wasn't going to change.
Sounders thinks this is the way the team must play.
It's the same if you have Ricky in the game, orders are play iso and keep him in the corner watching the match in this place.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1337 » by urinesane » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:51 pm

Charly wrote:I don't think that the situation of Rubio in the corner with someone managing wasn't going to change.
It's the same if you have Ricky in the game, orders are play iso and keep him in the corner watching the match in this place.

It's really weird that the people so close to the situation and with the most experience with Rubio have no idea how to use him effectively. Why did they trade for him if they were going to Adelman him?
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#1338 » by Killboard » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:00 pm

urinesane wrote:
Charly wrote:I don't think that the situation of Rubio in the corner with someone managing wasn't going to change.

It's really weird that the people so close to the situation and with the most experience with Rubio have no idea how to use him effectively. Why did they trade for him if they were going to Adelman him?

Not enjonying neither how he is being used, or his current individual permormance, but to know what the envisioned role was for him have to watch the Detroit and Utah game.
Charly
Freshman

Post#1339 » by Charly » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:04 pm

urinesane wrote:

That's what i'm wondering. Why trade for him?
Maybe Sounders is placing him in the corner to give him lectures during the game more easy.

In my opinion The Problem is game system.
We are talking about Ricky, but this system doesn't work without James Harden.
They had to be thinking how to create team play, not how to create iso for a rookie and every player with the ball in his hands.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#1340 » by m2002brian » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:16 pm

It seems that maybe we have been raging on Ryan more than we should have. Myself included.

Maybe Ryan is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Play Rosas style or be let go. Yet playing Rosas style is a losing situation. Which may ultimately lead to the same outcome for Ryan.
BLUEGREENRED

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves