First Round
15%
Miss playoffs
No votes

Total votes: 47

Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Re: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (1-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-2) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#241 » by Barkley6 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:37 am

I'm gonna put this out there: I love everything about Jae Crowder. He's such a smart player, and hustles like crazy. There was a play where Dario went down driving to the bucket and didn't get a call and got back late on D, and as we were chasing the ball in the 4 on 5, Crowder guarded every Toronto player on the floor at some point in that sequence (which ended in a miss).

His passing is great. His defense is great. And I love his mentality. He's not feeling good about being 6-2. He wants to continue to get better. I love it.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,157

Re: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (1-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-2) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#242 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:41 am

If I hadn't watched the game and just read this board I'd think we had just lost to the Honka Playboys by 50 points.

Chill people, there were a couple of mistakes down the stretch, but at the end of the day, the Suns only got outscored by 1 point in the 4th and I never allowed the Raptors to make it less than a 2 possession game. Our biggest lead was 14 I believe, and we won by 8.

You can't make ever shot and never turn over the ball. Ofcourse there's lessons to be learned after every game, but at the end of the day the Suns are #1 in the west, and have the 2nd best record in the league despite our schedule being far from easy.
Spoiler:
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,052

Post#243 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:44 am

Mr Puddles wrote: and I never allowed the Raptors to make it less than a 2 possession game.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#244 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:49 am

Barkley6 wrote:I'm gonna put this out there: I love everything about Jae Crowder. He's such a smart player, and hustles like crazy. There was a play where Dario went down driving to the bucket and didn't get a call and got back late on D, and as we were chasing the ball in the 4 on 5, Crowder guarded every Toronto player on the floor at some point in that sequence (which ended in a miss).

His passing is great. His defense is great. And I love his mentality. He's not feeling good about being 6-2. He wants to continue to get better. I love it.

Absolutely.

His signing was a fantastic move. We have a guy that can defend any position and always will help you on offense with his shooting and smart play.

James Jones Executive of the Year.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,131

Post#245 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:53 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
spanishninja wrote:A little too suspenseful for me, but 6-2 is 6-2. Will need to play better against Indiana.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Is that who's next? I thought we have Detroit on Friday....

Nobody really counts the pistons they just skip em onto the next game.

I do worry more though now that Rose is starting again. Rose-CP3 matchup actually sounds quite fun.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#246 » by cberry78 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:53 am

SEVENTY.
AND.
TWO.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,943

Post#247 » by KLEON » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:55 am

Am I the only one that thinks Ayton's stats are meaningless? This is year 3 and I can safely say that he's had more bad games than good but somehow you check the stats and he always has a double-double( points and rebounds). He has one of the best PG in the history of the NBA and you would think he'll be more than willing to run a PnR and PnP but he doesn't do it. He's so frustrating to watch and if the Suns are serious about winning it all, at some point you have to trade him. Get KAT or Lauri Markkanen. Look at Wiseman,that dude has by far a better upside than Ayton
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#248 » by Revived » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:55 am

spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Is that who's next? I thought we have Detroit on Friday....

I do worry more though now that Rose is starting again. Rose-CP3 matchup actually sounds quite fun.

I look forward to posting that we *should* beat the Pistons and then getting a well detailed post in response about how Detroit is actually really good lol.

*anything can happen over a long season of course there’s been contenders losing to some lowly teams but still.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#249 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:56 am

Suns role players were so good tonight and all season really. It's just a great mix of skills and all of them can shoot. This team might be legit good.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#250 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:00 am

Revived wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I look forward to posting that we *should* beat the Pistons and then getting a well detailed post in response about how Detroit is actually really good lol.

*anything can happen over a long season of course there’s been contenders losing to some lowly teams but still.

if nothing else, their size will be a challenge for Ayton. And we all know how Jerami Grant has killed us in the past.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#251 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:01 am

KLEON wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ayton's stats are meaningless? This is year 3 and I can safely say that he's had more bad games than good but somehow you check the stats and he always has a double-double( points and rebounds). He has one of the best PG in the history of the NBA and you would think he'll be more than willing to run a PnR and PnP but he doesn't do it. He's so frustrating to watch and if the Suns are serious about winning it all, at some point you have to trade him. Get KAT or Lauri Markkanen. Look at Wiseman,that dude has by far a better upside than Ayton

I'll take his 16 rebounds and great defense happily.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#252 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:02 am

KLEON wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ayton's stats are meaningless? This is year 3 and I can safely say that he's had more bad games than good but somehow you check the stats and he always has a double-double( points and rebounds). He has one of the best PG in the history of the NBA and you would think he'll be more than willing to run a PnR and PnP but he doesn't do it. He's so frustrating to watch and if the Suns are serious about winning it all, at some point you have to trade him. Get KAT or Lauri Markkanen. Look at Wiseman,that dude has by far a better upside than Ayton

I am happy with his last three games.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,394

Post#253 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:06 am

Ayton hasn't impressed me one bit yet. I'm still waiting for a 20/10 game out of him. He needs to be spoon feed the entire game for mindboggling stats. Why couldnt we have a center like Vucevic I'll even take Capela at this point.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#254 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:06 am

We're playing at 80% of our capacity and have the 2nd best record in the league.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#255 » by Revived » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:08 am

spanishninja wrote:
Revived wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

if nothing else, their size will be a challenge for Ayton. And we all know how Jerami Grant has killed us in the past.

We don’t rely on scoring from Ayton to be successful anyway. If he gives us more than 5 pts, I basically consider that a bonus at this point. We’re gonna need his rebounding though.

Hopefully it’s a game we get a big lead in and most importantly sustain the big lead so we can see cruise comfortably.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132

Post#256 » by starbosa10 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:09 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:We're playing at 80% of our capacity and have the 2nd best record in the league.

this, and the bench play, is what I'm most encouraged by. You can tell this team isn't playing their best ball yet and we're still grinding out a great record
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,943

Post#257 » by KLEON » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:10 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Ayton hasn't impressed me one bit yet. I'm still waiting for a 20/10 game out of him. He needs to be spoon feed the entire game for mindboggling stats. Why couldnt we have a center like Vucevic I'll even take Capela at this point.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#258 » by ATTL » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:11 am

KAT makes us a great offensive team but our defense **** the bed. Lauri for ayton is even worse. Are you watching aytons defense at all?
He's looking like a rich mans Bogut that is better laterally and perimeter defense.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#259 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:12 am

starbosa10 wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:We're playing at 80% of our capacity and have the 2nd best record in the league.

this, and the bench play, is what I'm most encouraged by. You can tell this team isn't playing their best ball yet and we're still grinding out a great record

that said we better round into shape soon though. other teams are getting warmed up now, even the Warriors.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#260 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:12 am

First game I think we didn't stagger, maybe trying to get a longer look at the starting unit to establish a bit more chemistry.

Return to Phoenix Suns