First Round
15%
Miss playoffs
No votes

Total votes: 47

irish22022
Senior
And1: 516

Re: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (1-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-2) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#261 » by irish22022 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:15 am

Who would have thought in free agency we would upgrade our starting PF spot for under 10 million bucks.

You guys can hate on ayton all you want, the guy looked absolutely fantastic on defense tonight. There was a play where he got dragged out about 15 feet against pascal and he was moving his feet and staying in front of him ridiculously well.

I really doubted JJ but he put together a SQUAD. Cam Johnson was a great pick, and it makes me excited to see more of jalen smith.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,929

Re: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (1-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-2) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#262 » by KLEON » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:30 am

ATTL wrote:
KLEON wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ayton's stats are meaningless? This is year 3 and I can safely say that he's had more bad games than good but somehow you check the stats and he always has a double-double( points and rebounds). He has one of the best PG in the history of the NBA and you would think he'll be more than willing to run a PnR and PnP but he doesn't do it. He's so frustrating to watch and if the Suns are serious about winning it all, at some point you have to trade him. Get KAT or Lauri Markkanen. Look at Wiseman,that dude has by far a better upside than Ayton

KAT makes us a great offensive team but our defense **** the bed. Lauri for ayton is even worse. Are you watching aytons defense at all?
He's looking like a rich mans Bogut that is better laterally and perimeter defense.

Defense? I you're talking about his rebounds then majority of his rebounds are when he's all by his lonesome. I'm sure the Suns didn't use the # 1 draft pick to get just a defensive player. If that's the case we should've drafted Luka and sign a defensive player like D12, Ed Davis, McGee
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#263 » by cberry78 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:44 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Ayton hasn't impressed me one bit yet. I'm still waiting for a 20/10 game out of him. He needs to be spoon feed the entire game for mindboggling stats. Why couldnt we have a center like Vucevic I'll even take Capela at this point.

You know he scored 22/11 and 24/8 in the last 2 games, right?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,974

Post#264 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:03 am

cberry78 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Ayton hasn't impressed me one bit yet. I'm still waiting for a 20/10 game out of him. He needs to be spoon feed the entire game for mindboggling stats. Why couldnt we have a center like Vucevic I'll even take Capela at this point.

You know he scored 22/11 and 24/8 in the last 2 games, right?

Right, and the Suns didn't need him to score today because we were red hot from 3 point land - hence only 8 shot attempts and 16 rebounds. Ayton has looked good in the last three games IMO, scoring the ball when we needed him on offence, focussing on other things when the rest of the team was scoring. In our offence, the wings/guards will always be the first ones we turn to for buckets, a big scoring game from Ayton will coincide with an off night from multiple wings/guards most of the time.
Spoiler:
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#265 » by ATTL » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:10 am

KLEON wrote:
ATTL wrote:
KLEON wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ayton's stats are meaningless? This is year 3 and I can safely say that he's had more bad games than good but somehow you check the stats and he always has a double-double( points and rebounds). He has one of the best PG in the history of the NBA and you would think he'll be more than willing to run a PnR and PnP but he doesn't do it. He's so frustrating to watch and if the Suns are serious about winning it all, at some point you have to trade him. Get KAT or Lauri Markkanen. Look at Wiseman,that dude has by far a better upside than Ayton

KAT makes us a great offensive team but our defense **** the bed. Lauri for ayton is even worse. Are you watching aytons defense at all?
He's looking like a rich mans Bogut that is better laterally and perimeter defense.

Defense? I you're talking about his rebounds then majority of his rebounds are when he's all by his lonesome. I'm sure the Suns didn't use the # 1 draft pick to get just a defensive player. If that's the case we should've drafted Luka and sign a defensive player like D12, Ed Davis, McGee

No, I mean his actual defense. He is directing the back end of the defense.
If your post is just because he isnt luka then disregard this. As fans we should try to be happy about having a good team and likely playoff berth for the first time in a decade but I think we would prefer to be bad so we can complain more.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#266 » by Slim Charless » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:41 am

Revived wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Nobody really counts the pistons they just skip em onto the next game.

I do worry more though now that Rose is starting again. Rose-CP3 matchup actually sounds quite fun.

I look forward to posting that we *should* beat the Pistons and then getting a well detailed post in response about how Detroit is actually really good lol.

*anything can happen over a long season of course there’s been contenders losing to some lowly teams but still.

Josh Jackson revenge game.
-green font
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#267 » by Slim Charless » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:44 am

ATTL wrote:

I hope he isn't trying to suggest Ayton for Lauri. If so, posts like that are why RealGm needs a down vote button.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#268 » by Bogyo » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:24 am

Revived wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Nobody really counts the pistons they just skip em onto the next game.

I do worry more though now that Rose is starting again. Rose-CP3 matchup actually sounds quite fun.

I look forward to posting that we *should* beat the Pistons and then getting a well detailed post in response about how Detroit is actually really good lol.

*anything can happen over a long season of course there’s been contenders losing to some lowly teams but still.

Post. Of. The. Year! :) :) :)

Also, if we don't take them seriously and take the win for granted they could surprise us!!! :D
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#269 » by Qwigglez » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:02 am

Some of you guys never seem to be happy about anything. If anyone would have told me the Suns would be 6-2 to start the season 3 months ago I'd be thrilled. After putting this roster together I mentioned I think James Jones could win GM of the year because I think we are going to have a top 3 record in the West, I still believe that. The team is still gelling and we have a lot of upside left, Ayton is improving every game IMO and I'm not worried like I was after the first two games of the season.
As for this game, Siakam was a beast. He just barreled into the paint at will and kept drawing fouls. We were lighting them up from 3, and there was one play in the 4th that upset me because Ayton got the ball in the paint and he could have done a move or two to get the two points or a foul, but instead he dished it out for a wide open three. These are the kind of plays I think Ayton will improve his offensive awareness, while I think he made the pass because we were red hot from 3 the entire game, we also just missed 3 3's in a row. Ayton should recognize that and realize a simple bucket should be enough to demoralize the Raptors from attempting a comeback. Again, I do recognize that Ayton is getting doubled almost instantly in the paint, and by design of the offense, Ayton should be able to hit the open man for a 3, this scenario Ayton should have made a judgement call. Overall though, I like that Booker was patient with his buckets, Saric was huge off the bench, CamX2 were nice.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#270 » by Revived » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:08 am

El Hespiritu wrote:
nevetsov wrote:You have to get Ricky out of the dumpster fire that is Minnesota and into a place like Chicago.
Man... we're so exhausted about tundras, deserts, salt erials and frozen cities...

Send him to some sunny place, preferably with beautiful bitches, please.

Sorry, I meant beaches.

Well Orlando just lost Fultz for the season so there’s a need there. Only 2 hrs away from Tampa.

Not sure it can work salary wise though.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#271 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:19 am

I'll reply to both at the same time. As someone who thought Ayton was the wrong pick at #1 in 2018 and not being super impressed with him throughout most of his rookie and sophomore seasons, where I have to give props, I have to give props.

The fact is this, as much as I get frustrated every time he finesses the ball in when he could/should dunk the damn thing prime-Amare style, he's doing pretty much exactly what we want and need from him - even though I DON'T like how he does it.

If you look at what he's doing on defense and even on offence, you can see that he's able to play in today's NBA on both ends of the court and he's a plus player because of his defense and efficiency on offence. I wish he would dunk it, I wish he would make a lot more weak side blocks and I wish he was an intimidator (DominAyton) on both sides but he isn't that guy. I'm still not there yet but I'm very very slowly getting to that point where I just accept that he'll never live up to that #1 pick label. I'm not there yet but I'll get there.

There are guys out there who does things which we wish Ayton would and frankly *could* do but it isn't him and I'm slowly getting to the point where I just accept he is who he is. Guys like Wiseman, Jarret Allen, DeAndre Jordan and Gobert dunks the ball with authority and is intimidating, even for someone on the other side of the globe. But Ayton is who he is and he's not able to deliver those huge posters on the regular or even the run of the mill dunks but the fact is this, he's more efficient than ever, he's a better defender than ever and he plays a huge role on the best Phoenix team we've had since....SSOL Suns? It's difficult to accept but this version of Ayton is effective, impactful and playable in today's NBA - that's a lot harder to say for a lot of NBA C's. He's also 22 and we all know C's don't reach their prime until the mid to late 20's.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,448

Post#272 » by sasquatchBob » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:09 am

It looks like this season we live and die by the three. I'm glad that we're winning but it's boring basketball. Looking like Rockets out there.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#273 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:12 am

Loved the Paul / Ayton pick and roll that was finished at the rim. Made it look so easy and if they can run that even 3 times a game for 6 points that would give us a big efficiency lift.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#274 » by Frank Lee » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:13 pm

We are seeing less and less of the pick and roll involving Ayton. Our little big man just doesn’t have the head for it.

This team is clogged up on O. We have two guys who can get their own shot... Book and CPayne. CP3 looks to have lost a step Ayton just gets in the way of any flow. The three ball is our bread and butter. Not much else works but ISO.

The good thing is we can beat anybody... bad thing is anybody can beat us if the trey isn’t falling... for now.
What ? Me Worry ?
jsierra1985
Senior
And1: 963

Post#275 » by jsierra1985 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:16 pm

Am I really seeing fans acting like this team has been a contender for years consistently?

A win is a win in my eyes....whether we played "bad" or kept the game close...this is awesome to see

and once again..i still cant believe fans didnt want cp3 here and wanted to keep our "draft picks"

CP3 and crowder are the reason why this team looks like a legit contender this year

If the team can stay healthy and covid free....they will be a **** problem in a playoff series....

Book it
jsierra1985
Senior
And1: 963

Post#276 » by jsierra1985 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:18 pm

oh and one more thing...hey CAM if you are reading this...... i love you!!!!!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#277 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:00 pm

Frank Lee wrote:We are seeing less and less of the pick and roll involving Ayton. Our little big man just doesn’t have the head for it.

This team is clogged up on O. We have two guys who can get their own shot... Book and CPayne. CP3 looks to have lost a step Ayton just gets in the way of any flow. The three ball is our bread and butter. Not much else works but ISO.

The good thing is we can beat anybody... bad thing is anybody can beat us if the trey isn’t falling... for now.

CP3 and Saric can create his own shoot too.

Paul is already 5th in the entire league in assists with 8.3 per game. He probably will lead the league in a couple months.

Ayton is not consistent yet creating his own shot, yeah, but he can do it sometimes with his jab step move and his hook around the basket. You would not find Cs like Gobert, Jordan or Capela scoring that way.

Personally I think this team is underestimated, but results will talk.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#278 » by King4Day » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:47 pm

After a solid win, with really just the one bad quarter, you'd think we're discussing a loss.

Our chemistry is still really not close on offense. That will change over time.
Yes, you will live and die by the 3, but it's not like the ones we're taking are all contested. The ball movement has been really good. This is how the Warriors won it during their run (pre-KD at least).

As for Ayton, he's not Luka and people have to stop thinking he will challenge him for being worthy of that #1 pick.
I am now looking at him as a defensive anchor who alters teams thinking when it comes to how they want to approach the paint. He will improve more slowly on offense too. Has the soft touch around the rim. He's reliable where you need him to be.
If we traded him for Laurie, then you need to trade Dario for a defensive center. Seems to defeat the purpose.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#279 » by NTB » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:00 pm

Frank Lee wrote:We are seeing less and less of the pick and roll involving Ayton. Our little big man just doesn’t have the head for it.

I think we are not watching the same CP3. When I am watching the game I wanna yell at him "WHY DON'T YOU SHOOT IT?" because he is great at creating space and going to his spot for a jump shot (even better than Book imo) but he just refuses to shoot an open shot with intention to pass the ball.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#280 » by Bogyo » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:02 pm

Bench mob won again. This game they had most help from Crowder - Book, CP, Bridges were OK, Ayton too - although I'd still like a bit more scoring/agressivenes/PnR from there. But winning cures a lot of things. We took care of biz, I've seen some good things and some bad (what Frank has been talking about mostly), but we found a way to win. Fair enough.

Return to Phoenix Suns