ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Re: Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#241 » by TBri1974 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:37 am

Jimmit79 wrote:
TBri1974 wrote:So here is my overhyped, overly optimistic suggestion:

Go all in on Randle: trade Toppin, and the better of our two first rounders in 2021 and the better of our two first rounders in 2023 plus filler (DSJ) for Beal. They get a recent lottery pick plus two forthcoming 1st rounders and cap space. That is a better deal than what we got for KP.

See what it would cost to get Bagley as our backup PF. Try to see if Frank and our other 1st rounder gets it done.

Mitch/Noel/Taj
Randle/Bagley/FA pick up
RJ/Knox/Bullock/Burks/FA pick up
Beal/Rivers/Burks
Payton/IQ/Rivers/Frank (hopefully move to IQ starting soon)

That is 2 strong at every position except point, unless you believe that Frank will be a good backup point (I do) or that Rivers can be a good backup point (I do) or the Payton can be a good backup point (I do)
I have a better suggestion trade Randle instead aka sell high trading Obi would be selling low right now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

If I am Washington - overpaying Westbrook - I would rather have Obi, as he is paid less and you control his salary Longer.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#242 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:35 pm

Go all in on Randle: trade Toppin, and the better of our two first rounders in 2021 and the better of our two first rounders in 2023 plus filler (DSJ) for Beal. They get a recent lottery pick plus two forthcoming 1st rounders and cap space. That is a better deal than what we got for KP.

See what it would cost to get Bagley as our backup PF. Try to see if Frank and our other 1st rounder gets it done.

Mitch/Noel/Taj
Randle/Bagley/FA pick up
Beal/Rivers/Burks

That is 2 strong at every position except point, unless you believe that Frank will be a good backup point (I do) or that Rivers can be a good backup point (I do) or the Payton can be a good backup point (I do)

Why would Washington trade arguably the best SG in the league (top 2 at worst) when they just traded for Westbrook? Why else would they have traded for Westbrook if not to play him with Beal? Also why would they trade him for the 8th pick in Obi who has been injured and hasnt really shown much yet? So you think the Wizards grand plan is to rebuild around Westbrook with Obi Toppin and future picks? Also why would Obi Toppin be their main target when they just drafted Rui Hachimura and Deni
Avidja?

So their team goes from

Bryant
Rui
Avidja
Beal
Westbrook

to

Bryant
Rui/Obi
Avidja
?
Westbrook/Ish Smith/Dennis Smith Jr

not to mention they just got Bertans for 5/15 who plays mins at the 4 also. They are crowded at F and we just traded them another F and some future picks for the best SG in the league.

And you had the nerve to say my trade didnt make sense? :lol: :crazy:

I'll ignore the fact that you said we should go all in on Randle also.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#243 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:36 pm

TBri1974 wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:

Mitch/Noel/Taj
Randle/Bagley/FA pick up
Beal/Rivers/Burks

I have a better suggestion trade Randle instead aka sell high trading Obi would be selling low right now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

If I am Washington - overpaying Westbrook - I would rather have Obi, as he is paid less and you control his salary Longer.

If you are Washington - overpaying Westbrook... Would you rather have Obi or Bradley Beal? I feel like the answer to this is quite easy.

Here is a trade that i would do and Washington would probably agree to.

Dennis Smith Jr for Troy Brown Jr
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#244 » by TGW » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:37 pm

There's no chance the Wizards trade Beal for a bunch of unproven players and random picks.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#245 » by BugginOut » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:13 pm

People are talking about Oladipo. But, now that I think about it Jrue Holiday should be our #1 priority in FA after Kawhi. If we have Jrue we would automatically be the best defensive team in the league. He probably would cost a little less than Oladipo too.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,622

Post#246 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:45 pm

John Collins gonna get booted out of Atlanta based on this recent Athletic article about Trae Young being all pissy
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#247 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:51 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:

Mitch/Noel/Taj
Randle/Bagley/FA pick up
Beal/Rivers/Burks

Why would Washington trade arguably the best SG in the league (top 2 at worst) when they just traded for Westbrook? Why else would they have traded for Westbrook if not to play him with Beal? Also why would they trade him for the 8th pick in Obi who has been injured and hasnt really shown much yet? So you think the Wizards grand plan is to rebuild around Westbrook with Obi Toppin and future picks? Also why would Obi Toppin be their main target when they just drafted Rui Hachimura and Deni
Avidja?

So their team goes from

Bryant
Rui
Avidja
Beal
Westbrook

to

Bryant
Rui/Obi
Avidja
?
Westbrook/Ish Smith/Dennis Smith Jr

not to mention they just got Bertans for 5/15 who plays mins at the 4 also. They are crowded at F and we just traded them another F and some future picks for the best SG in the league.

And you had the nerve to say my trade didnt make sense? :lol: :crazy:

I'll ignore the fact that you said we should go all in on Randle also.

Washington must be one of the worst teams in defense. So they must trade his best player for a package centered on Obi. :crazy:
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
TBri1974
Pro Prospect

Post#248 » by TBri1974 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:23 pm

This is quite a funny crew. The trade is a recent lottery pick and two additional 1st round picks. I don't think that is any small haul.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#249 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:47 am

TBri1974 wrote:This is quite a funny crew. The trade is a recent lottery pick and two additional 1st round picks. I don't think that is any small haul.

Na man...u gotta stay off NBA 2k and realize those trades wouldn’t work in real life.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#250 » by rajajackal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:01 pm

https://tradenba.com/trades/Wj_V6HS2d

NYK gets: miles bridges, kira lewis jr, malik monk
NOLA gets: rj barrett, reggie bullock, devonte graham
CHA gets: lonzo ball, dennis smith jr
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,499

Post#251 » by cgf » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:07 pm

rajajackal wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/Wj_V6HS2d

You should never choose to trade a dollar for 2 quarters & a piece of lint. Hard pass.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#252 » by rajajackal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:29 pm

cgf wrote:

You should never choose to trade a dollar for 2 quarters & a piece of lint. Hard pass.

i understand you feeling that way. i don't even want to trade RJ. just exploring options if this FO (that didn't pick him) decides to pivot
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,499

Post#253 » by cgf » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:51 pm

rajajackal wrote:
cgf wrote:

i understand you feeling that way. i don't even want to trade RJ. just exploring options if this FO (that didn't pick him) decides to pivot

If they were to move RJ it would be as the centerpiece of a package for a star...someone like Booker...not for a collection of lesser young talents.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect

Post#254 » by TBri1974 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:27 pm

cgf wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
cgf wrote:

If they were to move RJ it would be as the centerpiece of a package for a star...someone like Booker...not for a collection of lesser young talents.

Agree with all the above. I am not sure I would mov RJ for all the best players in that deal (Ball, Graham, Bridges and Lewis), let alone two of them.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#255 » by WargamesX » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:56 am

ATL just lost Bogdan to a long term injury.

If Burks comes back playing well I would try to flip him for either Reddish or Hunter and would even be willing to take on Snells expiring to make it happen. Reddish being the more likely one I could see them being open to trading.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#256 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:25 am

Sorry I came in here. Jesus.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#257 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 am

WargamesX wrote:ATL just lost Bogdan to a long term injury.

If Burks comes back playing well I would try to flip him for either Reddish or Hunter and would even be willing to take on Snells expiring to make it happen. Reddish being the more likely one I could see them being open to trading.

Oh, you would? :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#258 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
WargamesX wrote:ATL just lost Bogdan to a long term injury.

Oh, you would? :lol:

:lol:
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#259 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#260 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chicahhhhgo hasn’t won squat with him.

We need Frank back.
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks