ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#801 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:23 am

I think we will keep him until the summer, if someone makes an offer that we don’t match we will end up in a sign n trade scenario. No way do I sell cheap by the deadline forget that.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#802 » by D21 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:28 am

Ball4life32 wrote:Disagree heavily. Hawks +19.0 Net Rating when Collins is on the floor so far this year. Offense falls off a cliff when he sits and the defense is actually better (he’s been inconsistent but I don’t think hes been bad) when he’s out there. Hawks are going to take a big hit if they trade him and doubt they get close to his worth bc of his contract situation.

After 8 games, I don't see +19 but +10.3, even if I agree that it still good, and last year, there was a big difference with and without John too ;-)
Now, we are at +8.7 for Hunter, +8.2 for Trae... so does Hunter deserve already almost the same future contract than John is asking ?

If our starting lineup finishes the year with +10 Net rating but is asking Max extension for all, then we will certainly end up in Luxury Tax and with a bench that will give a -15 Net rating, and loosing a lot of games
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#803 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:40 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I think we will keep him until the summer, if someone makes an offer that we don’t match we will end up in a sign n trade scenario. No way do I sell cheap by the deadline forget that.

Ok he might not last till the summer :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#804 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:52 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Bring Omari home!!!!

Hawks get: Omari Spellman(immediate dump pun intended)+ Julius Randle+2022 1st (top 3 protected)

Knicks get : John Collins+Clint Capela

Why for the Hawks: I’m not sure it’s New Year’s day :banghead:

Why for Knicks: I dunno..

Thoughts?

Ps If I went to the general trade board with this they’d kill me.

Honestly though we never talk about Ju. I know he has inflated stats with the Knicks but he’s a bulldog and he can pretty much do it all except for playing defense. Lol. I dunno, I love John but Ju is no slouch he just gets crapped on a lot. Could this save us money?

Ok, I bet some people like this a lot more now. :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#805 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:03 pm

I'd only consider this if Raps promised to throw in Nick Nurse, too. :laugh:

Blockbuster NBA Trade Ideas

Hawks Add All-Star, Raptors Get Younger and Deeper

Atlanta Hawks receive: Pascal Siakam, Aron Baynes and Matt Thomas

Toronto Raptors receive: John Collins, Clint Capela, De'Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter and Tony Snell

The Hawks have surrounded skyrocketing superstar Trae Young with a slew of solid-to-good players, but they can only dream so big without a second star on the roster.

Enter Pascal Siakam, a two-way wrecking ball when he's on his game who could sneakily become available (for a substantial price) amid a turbulent start.

The All-Star forward and 2018-19's Most Improved Player has stumbled out of the starting blocks and might be in over his head as a No. 1 option, especially as the league might've found the defensive adjustment to contain him.

"After seeing Jaylen brown shut Siakam down in the playoffs, the rest of the NBA has started putting smaller defenders on Toronto's 6'9" forward," The Ringer's Jonathan Tjarks wrote. "The result has been a significant drop in points (from 22.9 to 17.6 per game) and field-goal percentage (45.3 to 40.7) from last season."

The falling figures might have the Raptors worried enough about the massive money still owed to Siakam ($136.9 million through 2023-24) to consider a swap, and the Hawks should be ready to pounce. Any issues he has with shot-creation might be swept under the rug if he were added to a high-powered Atlanta attack with Young, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Danilo Gallinari, Rajon Rondo and Cam Reddish all keeping the scoreboard moving.

Aron Baynes can handle spot starts at center or move into a depth role if Onyeka Okongwu eventually forces his way into the opening group. Matt Thomas and his career 47.7 percent connection rate from three has spark-plug potential as a catch-and-launch gunner.

Toronto, meanwhile, might see its sluggish start and future uncertainty—the books were wiped clean for a Giannis Antetokounmpo pursuit that can't happen now—as a reason to retool. The incoming package might be slightly focused on the future, but it could be more of a reload than a rebuild.

John Collins is 23 years old and last season was one of just four players to average 20 points and 10 boards. De'Andre Hunter is suddenly scorching on offense and could form a ferocious defensive combo with OG Anunoby. Kevin Huerter is a net-shredder. Clint Capela can control the interior. Tony Snell is...well, an expiring $12.2 million salary.
Bleacher Report
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#806 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:25 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'd only consider this if Raps promised to throw in Nick Nurse, too. :laugh:

Toronto Raptors receive: John Collins, Clint Capela, De'Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter and Tony Snell

The Hawks have surrounded skyrocketing superstar Trae Young with a slew of solid-to-good players, but they can only dream so big without a second star on the roster.

Enter Pascal Siakam, a two-way wrecking ball when he's on his game who could sneakily become available (for a substantial price) amid a turbulent start.

The All-Star forward and 2018-19's Most Improved Player has stumbled out of the starting blocks and might be in over his head as a No. 1 option, especially as the league might've found the defensive adjustment to contain him.

"After seeing Jaylen brown shut Siakam down in the playoffs, the rest of the NBA has started putting smaller defenders on Toronto's 6'9" forward," The Ringer's Jonathan Tjarks wrote. "The result has been a significant drop in points (from 22.9 to 17.6 per game) and field-goal percentage (45.3 to 40.7) from last season."

The falling figures might have the Raptors worried enough about the massive money still owed to Siakam ($136.9 million through 2023-24) to consider a swap, and the Hawks should be ready to pounce. Any issues he has with shot-creation might be swept under the rug if he were added to a high-powered Atlanta attack with Young, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Danilo Gallinari, Rajon Rondo and Cam Reddish all keeping the scoreboard moving.

Aron Baynes can handle spot starts at center or move into a depth role if Onyeka Okongwu eventually forces his way into the opening group. Matt Thomas and his career 47.7 percent connection rate from three has spark-plug potential as a catch-and-launch gunner.

Toronto, meanwhile, might see its sluggish start and future uncertainty—the books were wiped clean for a Giannis Antetokounmpo pursuit that can't happen now—as a reason to retool. The incoming package might be slightly focused on the future, but it could be more of a reload than a rebuild.

John Collins is 23 years old and last season was one of just four players to average 20 points and 10 boards. De'Andre Hunter is suddenly scorching on offense and could form a ferocious defensive combo with OG Anunoby. Kevin Huerter is a net-shredder. Clint Capela can control the interior. Tony Snell is...well, an expiring $12.2 million salary.
Bleacher Report

:lol: Wait we throw in Hunter and Huerter and Capela? Uhhh no, this would have to be a one for one, and adding salaries to match but not our core guys.

Collins for Siakam straight up as far as core players go.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#807 » by shakes0 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:28 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'd only consider this if Raps promised to throw in Nick Nurse, too. :laugh:

Bleacher Report

Is this a joke?
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#808 » by myrak433 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:30 pm

How about Collins to Bulls, Lavine to Hawks......... (LOL)
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#809 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:27 pm

I told a lot of you that this contract thing was trouble but people said, oh it’s fine you just pay him at the end of the year. Nope, more complex than that.

Collins is a goner.

2019-20 season : 25 game suspension; killed our season.

2020-21 season: Contract dispute prior to beginning of season, now this.

Schlenk didn’t draft Collins. He’s a goner by the trade deadline of not in the next week or so.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#810 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:36 pm

Hawks/Nuggets

Hawks get: MPJ +Bol Bol + 2022 1st round pick

Nuggets get: John Collins

Why for the Hawks: They move on from Collins, get Trae’s best friend and Bol Bol to develop.

Why for the Nuggets: Off to a slow start, Collins would lift them to a top 3 position in the west. Solidified long term power forward, more than Sap has offered.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Post#811 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:37 pm

Schlenk’s first draft pick was Collins.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#812 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:51 am

Spud2nique wrote:Hawks/Nuggets

Why for the Hawks: They move on from Collins, get Trae’s best friend and Bol Bol to develop.

Why for the Nuggets: Off to a slow start, Collins would lift them to a top 3 position in the west. Solidified long term power forward, more than Sap has offered.

No way does Collins hold this value, especially after turning down a 4yr $90MM contract, he looks to be creating dissension with Trae....he wants out of ATL, it's obvious. His value is dropping all the time. :lol: :lol:

take out MPJ and you may have a deal, but KSE won't trade him for Harden, won't trade him for Holiday, etc...Collins isn't even close to those two values.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#813 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:11 am

skywalker33 wrote:

No way does Collins hold this value, especially after turning down a 4yr $90MM contract, he looks to be creating dissension with Trae....he wants out of ATL, it's obvious. His value is dropping all the time. :lol: :lol:

take out MPJ and you may have a deal, but KSE won't trade him for Harden, won't trade him for Holiday, etc...Collins isn't even close to those two values.

Holiday can opt out this summer & he’s wanting i believe 30M+ at 31 years old. I don’t think he has way more value than Collins though he did fetch a nice package. (Imo it was a significant overpay) And just bc he disagreed in film room w/ Trae doesn’t mean he wants out of Atl.
skywalker33

Post#814 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:40 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Holiday can opt out this summer & he’s wanting i believe 30M+ at 31 years old. I don’t think he has way more value than Collins though he did fetch a nice package. (Imo it was a significant overpay) And just bc he disagreed in film room w/ Trae doesn’t mean he wants out of Atl.

MPJ is averaging 19.5ppg/6.8rpg to Collins 17.2/7.5...so THIS seems to be an overpay to me. MPJ is already a better player than Collins IMO. And Collins has alreqdy turned down $90MM (twice I believe) so the writing is on the wall, either he wants out of ATL, money is his only motivation (see what that'll get you) or both. It'll get worse before it gets better unless the Hawks "Show Him The Money !!"

Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#815 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:00 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

MPJ is averaging 19.5ppg/6.8rpg to Collins 17.2/7.5...so THIS seems to be an overpay to me. MPJ is already a better player than Collins IMO. And Collins has alreqdy turned down $90MM (twice I believe) so the writing is on the wall, either he wants out of ATL, money is his only motivation (see what that'll get you) or both. It'll get worse before it gets better unless the Hawks "Show Him The Money !!"

I meant in comparison to Holiday. And yes Porter jr is off to a nice start but it’s only 4 games. Need a larger sample. I like him a lot but the inj history scares me. Collins has been a 20-10 big on elite efficiency the last 2 years before this. And no I believe he only turned down the extension once. (right before the season started)
skywalker33

Post#816 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:15 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Holiday can opt out this summer & he’s wanting i believe 30M+ at 31 years old. I don’t think he has way more value than Collins though he did fetch a nice package. (Imo it was a significant overpay) And just bc he disagreed in film room w/ Trae doesn’t mean he wants out of Atl.

I meant in comparison to Holiday. And yes Porter jr is off to a nice start but it’s only 4 games. Need a larger sample. I like him a lot but the inj history scares me. Collins has been a 20-10 big on elite efficiency the last 2 years before this. And no I believe he only turned down the extension once. (right before the season started)

Either enjoy watching him while you can, pay him what the FO doesn't want to pay him, or trade him for what you can get, three easy options. His attitude with Trae isn't helping, he's alienating the star player/FO/coaching staff, he turned down $22M yr contract and the trade deadline is in Feb I believe, his value isn't going up, it's headed DOWN. Bol and a 1st might be the best offer you can get....while it's on the table. MPJ in a Hawks jersey is a pipedream IMO.

Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#817 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:53 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Either enjoy watching him while you can, pay him what the FO doesn't want to pay him, or trade him for what you can get, three easy options. His attitude with Trae isn't helping, he's alienating the star player/FO/coaching staff, he turned down $22M yr contract and the trade deadline is in Feb I believe, his value isn't going up, it's headed DOWN. Bol and a 1st might be the best offer you can get....while it's on the table. MPJ in a Hawks jersey is a pipedream IMO.

I wouldn’t call what he said in the film room alienating Trae & the coaching staff...and you’re wrong if you think there is no chance the Hawks FO pays him. (It’s tbd) And why would the hawks make all these win now FA moves & then turn around & trade their 2nd best player so early in the year for another C that has made absolutely 0 impact and a pick? Collins in a Nuggets jersey is a pipedream as well Imo. (And I know hawks aren’t getting MPJ either)
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#818 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Porter is a risk due to back injuries. You have to consider that as a major part of it. Of course, wasn’t Porter slated to go top 3 in the 2018 draft, but he didn’t due to his BACK. And Bol hasn’t played significant minutes so we have yet to see the major holes in his game.

You may possibly be overvaluing your beloved Nuggets players. IMHO.
skywalker33

Post#819 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:57 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:I meant in comparison to Holiday. And yes Porter jr is off to a nice start but it’s only 4 games. Need a larger sample. I like him a lot but the inj history scares me. Collins has been a 20-10 big on elite efficiency the last 2 years before this. And no I believe he only turned down the extension once. (right before the season started)

I wouldn’t call what he said in the film room alienating Trae & the coaching staff...and you’re wrong if you think there is no chance the Hawks FO pays him. (It’s tbd) And why would the hawks make all these win now FA moves & then turn around & trade their 2nd best player so early in the year for another C that has made absolutely 0 impact and a pick? Collins in a Nuggets jersey is a pipedream as well Imo. (And I know hawks aren’t getting MPJ either)

Think we agree on most parts here, I do believe that Collins gets paid by the Hawks. Also believe Collins getting traded to the Nuggets a pipedream (Spuds pipe dream though). I do contend that Collins calling out either the FO or Trae in the film room (not sure who's getting called out) will cause animosity unless resolved and that the FO low-balling (how can $90MM be called low-balling ?) Collins twice could be a problem down the road.

Regardless, this trade isn't happening, just a BAD idea

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#820 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:15 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Think we agree on most parts here, I do believe that Collins gets paid by the Hawks. Also believe Collins getting traded to the Nuggets a pipedream (Spuds pipe dream though). I do contend that Collins calling out either the FO or Trae in the film room (not sure who's getting called out) will cause animosity unless resolved and that the FO low-balling (how can $90MM be called low-balling ?) Collins twice could be a problem down the road.

Regardless, this trade isn't happening, just a BAD idea

You sound mad or scared. :lol: Anyhoo, thanks Woody Paige.

Return to Atlanta Hawks