ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1501 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:55 pm

I took the shaved head plunge about 3 years ago (33). I tried Rogaine for a while but i honestly just got sick of it because it didn’t do much for me. I have a good friend who had been shaving his head for years and he finally convinced me to just give up and buzz my head. I miss hair, but honestly it hasn’t made a huge difference in my life. For all the other baldies out there I strongly recommend the following, it saves me a ton of time and you can use a guard if you want to.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014SG66UO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_.8o-FbX8V5RBP
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1502 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:36 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I took the shaved head plunge about 3 years ago (33). I tried Rogaine for a while but i honestly just got sick of it because it didn’t do much for me. I have a good friend who had been shaving his head for years and he finally convinced me to just give up and buzz my head. I miss hair, but honestly it hasn’t made a huge difference in my life. For all the other baldies out there I strongly recommend the following, it saves me a ton of time and you can use a guard if you want to.

Wait, we're the same age? I thought you were like 45.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1503 » by stellation » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:28 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
stellation wrote:We're in the middle of peak stone fruit season here in the Antipodes, what a time to be alive!

I ate an amazing nectarine this morning... or, based on the noises and sensual pleasure, I probably should say... I made love to an amazing nectarine this morning. I'm eyeing off a sexy mango in the fruit bowl for later, but I may just add that to the indulgent group love of a fruit salad. I don't know! OH MY GOD!

Here in the what now?

(I presume you mean Australia obviously but I'm going for more info, lol)

Antipodes is a (very old!) term for the other side of the world/people from the other side of the world.

Australia (and those couple of other, smaller islands Steven Adams' family owns) were traditionally referred to as the Antipodes (and we're Antipodeans!) by the British. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1504 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:05 am

trwi7 wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:I took the shaved head plunge about 3 years ago (33). I tried Rogaine for a while but i honestly just got sick of it because it didn’t do much for me. I have a good friend who had been shaving his head for years and he finally convinced me to just give up and buzz my head. I miss hair, but honestly it hasn’t made a huge difference in my life. For all the other baldies out there I strongly recommend the following, it saves me a ton of time and you can use a guard if you want to.

That’s probably because we’ve both been on here forever. It’s all the wisdom too. Mostly the wisdom.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1505 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:13 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

That’s probably because we’ve both been on here forever. It’s all the wisdom too. Mostly the wisdom.

A day apart from each other. How freaky would it be if we were born a day apart? :o
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1506 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:08 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

A day apart from each other. How freaky would it be if we were born a day apart? :o

August 27? :-?
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1507 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:11 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:That’s probably because we’ve both been on here forever. It’s all the wisdom too. Mostly the wisdom.

I also want to point out that I joined in 2006 and this is still my original screen name from when I joined. How **** old is Ersan really!?!?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1508 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:27 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:That’s probably because we’ve both been on here forever. It’s all the wisdom too. Mostly the wisdom.

Shit. July 29th.

So not only are you not 45 like I thought but I'm also older than you.

glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1509 » by glenn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:34 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
It's cliché, but meditation and exercise have really helped me. I steered heavily into both this past year to combat increased anxiety. It's not a cure-all, but it has very noticeably helped.

For meditation, I use the Calm app, which I got a free year of through AmEx at the time. In retrospect, I would have been (and will be) fine paying for it too. Even if you think you're not "good" at meditating, taking that time to even try to clear my head has been really valuable to me. Peloton also offers some meditation classes, but it's clearly not their wheelhouse. Better than nothing, but Calm is much higher quality instruction.

I have not used CBD oil, but have also been curious so will be interested to see what others have to say.

It's funny you say that, as I was looking into meditation yesterday a bit. How much is the Calm App normally?

$70 annually. I don't see an option for monthly renewals, but I think if you are not yet a member, you'll see an option for monthly also.

There is a free version to get started with a few classes, and I believe there's also a 14 day trial for premium.

Lifetime access to the app is usually 399.00 ( :o ) but you can get it for 159.00 though the end of January. Sounded steep to me but my wife loves the app so she went ahead and did it. http://calm.com/lifetime2020
:reporter:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1510 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:01 pm

glenn wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
It's funny you say that, as I was looking into meditation yesterday a bit. How much is the Calm App normally?

$70 annually. I don't see an option for monthly renewals, but I think if you are not yet a member, you'll see an option for monthly also.

There is a free version to get started with a few classes, and I believe there's also a 14 day trial for premium.

Lifetime access to the app is usually 399.00 ( :o ) but you can get it for 159.00 though the end of January. Sounded steep to me but my wife loves the app so she went ahead and did it. http://calm.com/lifetime2020

Holy ****. I am doing this so that I don't miss the deal. Thanks!!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1511 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:13 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
glenn wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Holy ****. I am doing this so that I don't miss the deal. Thanks!!

In the app, can you Airplay it or stream it to other devices like Sonos?

ETA: sure, I should have just used this thing called Google.

ETA1: Signed up for the lifetime sub. Now I just have to use it. In December I stopped using all of my meds, so we'll see how this goes.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#1512 » by midranger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Any recommendations on tattoo artists in metro milwaukee. Like really good, not necessarily cheap ones?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,377

Post#1513 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:20 pm

midranger wrote:Any recommendations on tattoo artists in metro milwaukee. Like really good, not necessarily cheap ones?

Troy at Custom Tattoos (I think he’s still there but I’m not positive).
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1514 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Anyone got recs for a nice immersion blender? I'm sick of transferring between pot and blender. My laziness is worth $100 or whatever.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1515 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:48 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone got recs for a nice immersion blender? I'm sick of transferring between pot and blender. My laziness is worth $100 or whatever.

I like the Krups version I bought back in 2012 but it looks like it isn't available. I would have recommended it based on how long I've had it alone but it also works great too.

Here's Wirecutter's recs.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1516 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone got recs for a nice immersion blender? I'm sick of transferring between pot and blender. My laziness is worth $100 or whatever.

I like the Krups version I bought back in 2012 but it looks like it isn't available. I would have recommended it based on how long I've had it alone but it also works great too.

Yeah it matches-up pretty well to a few other lists I've seen, but none of them have any feedback yet on the Vitamix. Which isn't priced too terribly compared to some others.

Anyways, thanks. I think it's the Breville as of now.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#1517 » by KidA24 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah it matches-up pretty well to a few other lists I've seen, but none of them have any feedback yet on the Vitamix. Which isn't priced too terribly compared to some others.

I love my Mueller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075X1KPLZ
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1518 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:41 am

KidA24 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I love my Mueller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075X1KPLZ

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I definitely need a non-steel blade guard. I have enameled cookware and would jump out a window if I scratched them blending something :lol: Appreciate it though, will check out the brand.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1519 » by jute2003 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:59 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I Know nothing about immersion blenders but my breville espresso machine is my favorite purchase ever. It is going on 7 years old(I think) and has been flawless.

I wouldn't have any problem buying another Breville product.
only a fan, only an opinion
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1520 » by buckbeer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:13 am

midranger wrote:Any recommendations on tattoo artists in metro milwaukee. Like really good, not necessarily cheap ones?

Are you getting this tattoo?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks