ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#421 » by Commodor » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:51 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:I'm a fan as well. What would you give up?

It has to involve Wiggins, which makes it really hard. The best I could come up with would be Wiggins/Paschall/Poole/GSW 1st 2021/2 x 2nds for Lavine/Salary fill.

The Bulls would be crazy to do it, but I'd like to see what the response would be from the Bulls FO.

Yeah, I think they would at the very least want a pick swap with the Minnesota pick. I’d still be game knowing how bad Chicago is. But that’s just me.

Agreed, I think if Wiggins is involved the MIN pick has to be and I’d rather let the season play out and review this near the draft.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#422 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:25 am

I wouldn't give up a potential top 5 or 7 pick for Lavine.

He may put up numbers but he hasn't helped his team win.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#423 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:12 pm

OMG...Lavine? He's soooo not a Warrior type player. Talk about a low hoops IQ . The rest of the Warriors would hate this chucker.
Sorry...not a fan. Warriors have perhaps one spot on the roster to upgrade for this and next season...that's either guard or SF. And the two player player is a must.
I"m not even sure I would take Beal at this point, defense being so critical.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#424 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:43 pm

no Lavine and no Beal for me. I don't think either of them would move the needle enough over Wiggins to merit moving multiple FRP's or even one IMO.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#425 » by watch1958 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:14 pm

I think things will be clearer mid season. If Oubre is playing consistently well but the team is treading water, he is decent trade bait. Or as part of a sign and trade later.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#426 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:47 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:OMG...Lavine? He's soooo not a Warrior type player. Talk about a low hoops IQ . The rest of the Warriors would hate this chucker.
Sorry...not a fan. Warriors have perhaps one spot on the roster to upgrade for this and next season...that's either guard or SF. And the two player player is a must.

You could say the same thing about Wiggins and Oubre. They were not Warriors type players either. Players are not limited to what they are doing for their present teams. Look at Wiggins defense, not many expected to see the Wiggins we now see. Just curios, who would you try to make a play for?
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#427 » by B-King » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:33 pm

I just don't see the Warriors being buyers in a large deal before the trade deadline. They will probably move Wanamaker, Bazemore and Oubre if they fall off the playoff hunt.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#428 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:37 pm

Yeah but the Warriors didn't give up a lot of assets for either Wiggins or Oubre.

Lot of money out of Lacob's pockets but not draft assets or players.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#429 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:OMG...Lavine? He's soooo not a Warrior type player. Talk about a low hoops IQ . The rest of the Warriors would hate this chucker.

Lavine has gotten so underrated. Yes, his teams don't win with him as the #1 option, but the dude is a flat out scoring machine, extremely fluid and makes it look so easy. I think he'd be great in a Warriors uniform as a 3rd scorer with Steph and Klay.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#430 » by B-King » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:49 pm

Lavine is solid and unless someone overpays the Bulls aren't moving him.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#431 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:54 am

Ilovethebay wrote:

You could say the same thing about Wiggins and Oubre. They were not Warriors type players either. Players are not limited to what they are doing for their present teams. Look at Wiggins defense, not many expected to see the Wiggins we now see. Just curios, who would you try to make a play for?

I actually thought Wiggins MIGHT be a good defensive player on this team. He has a great wingspan....Lavine ...not sure what it is but it's got to be below average.

Oubre was the same....meaning I thought he COULD be good defensively...but of course he's pretty atrocious at times.

Bottom line for me: I won't be in favor of any player in the league that is undersized, not much of a wing span and has shown no ability nor interest in defending. That includes Beal.
Curry has to have a tough rugged guard that defends well or just forget it.

Who would I like/prefer over Lavine? Players like Avery Bradley, Jrue Holiday, Marcus Smart....these guys aren't likely but it's the type of player I would prefer. They may not be as dynamic offensively....but they all play both ways. And even if they are a little shorter than I would like...they are tough as nails and strong enough to defend1-3.

IMO Defense is what makes the Warrior distinctly different.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#432 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:58 am

Coxy wrote:

Lavine has gotten so underrated. Yes, his teams don't win with him as the #1 option, but the dude is a flat out scoring machine, extremely fluid and makes it look so easy. I think he'd be great in a Warriors uniform as a 3rd scorer with Steph and Klay.

You knwo why he makes it look easy?
Because he doesn't play defense ;) Guys that WORK defensively don't make it look easy.

(I know you mean scoring...but guys like Harden take the defensive side off ...I think Lavine is similar)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#433 » by killmongrel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:22 am

I'm not sure how sign and trades work, but can we sign and trade Oubre and get a large TPE from it?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#434 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:31 am

I'm a defense 1st preacher, big time and you all know that, but for Lavine I'd make an exception. He has a fire in his belly, he wants to dominate with his offense. Even as a microwave bench guy next year, he'd be amazing.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#435 » by ShayDee » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:17 am

killmongrel wrote:I'm not sure how sign and trades work, but can we sign and trade Oubre and get a large TPE from it?

Yes but who is going to pay Oubre the large TPE we get? I don't think he gets anything more than 8 mil and we would be hard capped so we won't be able to sign anyone until 2022 season
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#436 » by Hopper15 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:58 pm

ShayDee wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I'm not sure how sign and trades work, but can we sign and trade Oubre and get a large TPE from it?

Yes but who is going to pay Oubre the large TPE we get? I don't think he gets anything more than 8 mil and we would be hard capped so we won't be able to sign anyone until 2022 season

Sign & trade of Oubre would not hard cap the team. Hard cap is triggered only if you RECIEVE a S & T player.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#437 » by ShayDee » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:10 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

Sign & trade of Oubre would not hard cap the team. Hard cap is triggered only if you RECIEVE a S & T player.

Yes I know about that. What are we saving the TPE for though? Mid season? Does the hard cap not activate if we acquire someone later in the season?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#438 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:33 pm

They spent 80 mil on Oubre. So that causes hesitation.

And in order to possibly get somebody without adding an asset, you wait until your up against the deadline. That way teams are wanting to move guys for straight dollar savings. You may not have to attach anything at that point.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#439 » by donkeylips » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:17 pm

Oubre and smailegic and/or Poole works for lavine
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#440 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:50 pm

donkeylips wrote:Oubre and smailegic and/or Poole works for lavine

But does it work for Chicago? No lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors