Moore
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 17

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Game 9: Phoenix Suns (6-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-7) l Friday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#441 » by Revived » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:26 am

Read on Twitter

“He thought most of the attempts were fine”

dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,385

Re: Game 9: Phoenix Suns (6-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-7) l Friday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#442 » by dremill24 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:26 am

Would also be nice to get a few FTs here n there. 2nd to last in the league in attempts per game
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#443 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:27 am

We are usually in the low to mid 30s...had between about 33-35 in about 4 games...shot 44 once and 24 once (when we beat Pelicans by 25)....so 52 is 8 more than our highest but at least 17 more (about 50%) than our avg. Of course this was a pretty big team with Plumlee, Blake and Grant in there so it was probably harder for guards to drive and cut, but when we were hitting the 3s, they would have to respect the shooters.

Seems like we may need more players in motion and our primary ball handlers should be moving and not just standing still dribbling (Payne rarely does this...he attacks fast, kind of like how KJ did).
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,090

Post#444 » by starbosa10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:30 am

Embarrassing. Plenty of time to figure things out though
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,385

Post#445 » by dremill24 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:30 am

Also i dont give a crap about highlight dunks but DeAndre not dunking that shot where he got fouled and missed the 1ft layup plus the FTs in the 1st half would have won the game in regulation. Not that one play is the whole game obviously but its the little things that are EASILY fixable that stand out. Highlights have no value but dont cost your team points.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,929

Post#446 » by KLEON » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:48 am

Keith_myath wrote:CP3 has just looked disinterested tonight. Like he's had it with the players he was playing with. No intent, no hustle, no desire to win.

Booker was trash. Worries more about getting touches to pad his stats so those who don't watch us can look at his stat card and think he's played well.

Crowder had a bad one. As did Bridges who was shooting bricks, but unlike some of the others, he knew he was shooting poorly and stopped shooting.

If Saric doesn't knock down the 3's, he doesn't offer much on offense due to lack of athleticism and agility. If he's not knocking them down, Monty needs to try Frank because Frank wouldn't have been any worse than Saric tonight.

DA is fkn pathetic. People get excited because he shows a tiny bit of aggression in a 1min patch on the board. What about the other 47 mins where he floats around putting up weak screens, offering no fight, not trying to draw fouls, avoiding contact on keyway shots, and offering nothing inside? He got beaten by a white crab tonight. If he had a heart, he'd be ashamed of himself, but he doesn't so he'll happily drift off into the night without needing to wash his playing top or warm down. Pea heart!

Monty was complacent tonight. Refused to accept what we could all see that Booker was crap, DA was weak and CP3 was disinterested. Unless they're playing passively intentionally, players just can't flick the switch and go from shooting bricks to shooting the lights out. Writing was there early and he refuses to play the players who weren't ice cold and instead played players on reputation instead of performance.

How Booker got the reputation of being a game winner still has me scratching my head. One of the last players I'd have with the ball in their hand for the final possessions. Yeah, he's done it a couple of times, but it's the whole, "if you throw enough darts..." theology.

:nod: But look out for Mr.Global telling you otherwise
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#447 » by darealjuice » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:16 am

It sucks that the game went the way it did, but bad losses happen. Bucks got blown out by the Knicks, Boston lost to this same team a week ago, Clippers got destroyed by the Mavs, we swept the Bucks a couple years ago, etc. Important to get one back against a good team and not make this a habit. We win this game if we don't shoot 4/11 from the free throw line in regulation anyways.

I agree with concerns about the offense, but it's also far too early to panic. It's going to take time for the starters to find their flow with a major move like Rubio to CP3, especially the guys that defenses key in on. I don't mind shooting a lot of 3s, it's what the roster is built to do, but we can't just keep chucking away when it's not falling.

On to the next one, hope they come to play tomorrow.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#448 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:57 am

darealjuice wrote:It sucks that the game went the way it did, but bad losses happen. Bucks got blown out by the Knicks, Boston lost to this same team a week ago, Clippers got destroyed by the Mavs, we swept the Bucks a couple years ago, etc. Important to get one back against a good team and not make this a habit. We win this game if we don't shoot 4/11 from the free throw line in regulation anyways.

I agree with concerns about the offense, but it's also far too early to panic. It's going to take time for the starters to find their flow with a major move like Rubio to CP3, especially the guys that defenses key in on. I don't mind shooting a lot of 3s, it's what the roster is built to do, but we can't just keep chucking away when it's not falling.

On to the next one, hope they come to play tomorrow.

I think they'll bounce back. I think the old not-taking-a-team-seriously thing creeped back up after they were hot from 3 for a while. CP3 was supposedly brought in to curb stuff like that. Hopefully, he does that soon. Suns have played better against better teams historically.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#449 » by Blackification » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:02 am

They did what I hoped they wouldn't, **** around and got cute with the threes, let the Pistons stay in it and they got confidence and won at the end smh.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#450 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:12 am

Piston fan, sorry we won on both sides. Big fan of what Suns have done since beginning of bubble. CP3 a great pickup too. A couple thoughts.....

Suns lost because they missed open threes after hot start. If they make a couple they win. Pretty obvious.

Monty may want to draw up a zone offense - Suns looked like they never seen a 2-3 before. CP3 at high post my preference but he’s the coach.

Ayton is atrocious defensively. Horrible pick and roll defender and low IQ. Him trying to guard Delon Wright 35 feet from hoop was high comedy.

I voted for Saric - after his basketball career is over I expect to see him in several adult films.

Good luck the rest of the way!
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,097

Post#451 » by spanishninja » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:35 am

ByeByeDre wrote:Piston fan, sorry we won on both sides. Big fan of what Suns have done since beginning of bubble. CP3 a great pickup too. A couple thoughts.....

Suns lost because they missed open threes after hot start. If they make a couple they win. Pretty obvious.

Monty may want to draw up a zone offense - Suns looked like they never seen a 2-3 before. CP3 at high post my preference but he’s the coach.

Ayton is atrocious defensively. Horrible pick and roll defender and low IQ. Him trying to guard Delon Wright 35 feet from hoop was high comedy.

I voted for Saric - after his basketball career is over I expect to see him in several adult films.

Ayton has actually been a great defender this year, prior to this game. I had a feeling that your bigs would give him issue.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#452 » by cberry78 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:35 am

SIXTY-NINE.
AND.
THREE.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#453 » by Mjee » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:39 am

Just a bad bad game !!!

Cp3 was CP0 !!! Didn’t do anything to change the game

Our wings couldn’t hit a shot to save their lives

Booker ... now I am seriously worried about him, that kardashian curse is real !!!

Ayton ... well, I’ve come to terms that the guy is not a franchise changer, will never be an all star, and will float along in his nba career with 15 and 11 !! Just a waste of talent imo .. and I am hard on him because he has the tools to be soooo good but he never will live up to the “suns first overall #1 pick”
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,929

Post#454 » by KLEON » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:03 am

So the Clippers replicated what we did tonight
Revived
RealGM

Post#455 » by Revived » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:10 am

Read on Twitter

This has become a pattern all season wrong. Why does Monty not play Galloway in the 2nd half of games? Seriously he shoots lights out in the first half and the Pistons do a zone defense all 2nd half and we don’t play our top 3 shooter on the team?

In other games as well Galloway plays 1st half and never the 2nd half. I don’t understand why not.
Revived
RealGM

Post#456 » by Revived » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:13 am

ByeByeDre wrote:Piston fan, sorry we won on both sides. Big fan of what Suns have done since beginning of bubble. CP3 a great pickup too. A couple thoughts.....

Ayton’s inconsistent defensively. Some nights he tries and other nights he doesn’t. Depends on his mood. He was good in the Utah and Denver games for us but bad in the Sacramento and Clippers ones.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Game 9: Phoenix Suns (6-2) @ Detroit Pistons (1-7) l Friday l 5:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#457 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:25 am

I’ll be one of the first to call Ayton out but his defense I thought was OK tonight. There were a couple of plays where he sagged off Plumee too far and left his man open. Overall, not as bad as some are saying.

His layup in the first quarter when he should have dunked it was a joke though. So weak! That is definitely frustrating. I am one that believes that a dunk is worth more than 2 points. Dunks change momentum very quickly. Suns need that.

With saying all that, Ayton is the last person to blame for the loss today. Still waiting for Booker to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,631

Post#458 » by Saberestar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:04 am

The league has done a great job to avoid tanking. If you look around the league only the Thunder seems to try it...and they are winning and playing solid games.

That is why records are so close around the league and there are not big differences between teams that are considered (on paper) bad or good.

Teams without playoffs aspirations will rest veteran players and all of that probably in the last 5-10 games of the RS, but until then they will fight hard and every team is some way loaded.

I do not like the Pistons roster, but we could agree that they have a lot of experience, size and an amazing player in Jerami Grant who is with no doubt the MIP this season and surely an All Star in the East.

So yeah, I thought that we needed to win this game and we were so close to do it...just a couple of open threes away ...but I am not crazy about the loss.

It was not about lacking energy, dumb plays...we lost because we could not hit open threes against a zone defense. Threes that we usually make with that space.

Hopefully we learn a lesson from this game and we improve about how to attack these zone defenses when our shots are not going down.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,489

Post#459 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:50 am

sorry to say, but if you play against a real double threat inside offensively and defensively this team is undermatched.
ayton + saric and ayton + crowder will not work against davis + gasol or other bigs who are capable of scoring in multiple ways.
griffin + grant + even plumlee were outplaying our rotation.
saric is not and will not be a good enough defender. when has the jumper in that game - asewom.
all of our bigs have bad hands, can not finish explosivley and are finesse guys.
suns will live and die with their production from the wings.
booker regressed big time.
free steve nash!
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#460 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:10 pm

Curious what you all think of this Pistons team? A lot of folks think they will end up with the worst record but they've been playing teams tough so far this year. Thoughts on Pistons rookies Bey or Stewart? I love an outsider perspective thanks :)

Good luck to your team, I was surprised and impressed by Suns recent success.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'

Return to Phoenix Suns