ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
15%
Brown
39%
Smart
2%
Theis
No votes
Tacko
34%
Pritchard
4%
Semi
1%
Javonte
1%
Teague
1%
Other (team)
2%

Total votes: 122

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,167

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3) 

Post#61 » by playa-hater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:32 am

itrsteve wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
itrsteve wrote:I’m a little shocked Nesmith didn’t get minutes when we were up huge and just screwing around.

shocked no. Saddened more for me.

I already have my dialog ready for whenever I meet Brad:

LOL, so perfect
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#62 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:32 am

Jaylen averaging 26/6/3.5 on a 63% TS, and got his net rating into positive range tonight. The shooting will obviously fall off, but he has been awesome. His team defense drives me crazy, but dude has made a huge jump offensively, he has made some passes that I just never thought he’d be able to. At some point defenses have to start throwing more at him, because he is just feasting.

Tatum is averaging 27/7/4 on a 59% TS, with his usual huge positive net rating. Still needs to get to the line more, but otherwise he’s been having the superstar season we were all hoping for. Teams have just loaded up and thrown everything at him, defenses have made it their mission to not let Tatum beat them, and he has done so anyways. Kemba being back is going to be bigger for him than anyone else on the team, IMO.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#63 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:33 am

playa-hater wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Green89 wrote:People who've said in the past that Tacko isn't an NBA player are taking a big L tonight.

He was the last player to head back on D after his dunk, but the first Celtic back to the defensive basket for the chasedown block.

Not really. Dude had a great game and credit him for working hard. Still think he sucks

If That is what sucks looks like, Boston needs more "sucks"

He finally had a good game against a terrible team. Retire his jersey im sure you guys will have him as a centerpiece in a superstar trade soon.

He looks more mobile than ever and he played really solid- should get credit. Like I said credit to him but yeah he’s a jag
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#64 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:35 am

I voted Smart. As usual, he made the plays at the end that iced the game. Maybe I'm getting jaded by the J's. I just expect 25 or 30 apiece every night. It's automatic.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#65 » by playa-hater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:36 am

The Comedian wrote:Jaylen averaging 26/6/3.5 on a 63% TS, and got his net rating into positive range tonight. The shooting will obviously fall off, but he has been awesome. His team defense drives me crazy, but dude has made a huge jump offensively, he made some passes that I just never thought he’d be able to. At some point defenses have to start throwing more at him, because he is just feasting.

Tatum is averaging 27/7/4 on a 59% TS, with his usual huge positive net rating. Still needs to get to the line more, but otherwise he’s been having the superstar season we were all hoping for. Teams have just loaded up and thrown everything at him, defenses have made it their mission to not let Tatum beat them, and he has done so anyways. Kemba being back is going to be bigger for him than anyone else on the team, IMO.

JT is my Fav NBA player. Think he will be a top MVP contender for years. My one Pet Peeve with him is he reminds me too much of CBS with his laid back approach. Just wish I would see some? if not more Fire from him.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#66 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:38 am

playa-hater wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Jaylen averaging 26/6/3.5 on a 63% TS, and got his net rating into positive range tonight. The shooting will obviously fall off, but he has been awesome. His team defense drives me crazy, but dude has made a huge jump offensively, he made some passes that I just never thought he’d be able to. At some point defenses have to start throwing more at him, because he is just feasting.

JT is my Fav NBA player. Think he will be a top MVP contender for years. My one Pet Peeve with him is he reminds me too much of CBS with his laid back approach. Just wish I would see some? if not more Fire from him.

Eh, everyone shows emotion differently. But you see it from him in big games and the playoffs.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#67 » by playa-hater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:38 am

Curmudgeon wrote:I voted Smart. As usual, he made the plays at the end that iced the game. Maybe I'm getting jaded by the J's. I just expect 25 or 30 apiece every night. It's automatic.

Have you taken and Covid test lately :-o :-D
JmacBronco68
Ballboy
And1: 76

Post#68 » by JmacBronco68 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:39 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Not really. Dude had a great game and credit him for working hard. Still think he sucks

He finally had a good game against a terrible team. Retire his jersey im sure you guys will have him as a centerpiece in a superstar trade soon.

He looks more mobile than ever and he played really solid- should get credit. Like I said credit to him but yeah he’s a jag

Tacko is never going to be a starter but he does have the potential to be a solid contributor. I wish I see the stats on points in the paint with him on the floor vs. off the floor. If 8 Mile could remember to pass the ball up high, Tacko would have had a few more baskets.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,607

Post#69 » by Green89 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:39 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Nothing to do with it being a bad team, it was his effort. Diving on the floor, being the first one back on D for a chase down block, keeping offensive rebounds alive, and making many of the Wiz second guess driving inside on him. He had an excellent game. Not many bigs in he league are going to catch a lob and then be back at the other end blocking a fast break shot at the rim. This type of play is more than just one good game against a bad team. His game is improving and he looked comfortable with the speed of the game. He's clearly put in the work.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,589

Post#70 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:40 am

exculpatory wrote:Jaylen was once again studly until he lapsed into TO-itis late in the game.
Jayson was mostly excellent & closed for us - 4 TOs sucks. Stop that!
Double P was super solid again - and made multiple key plays when we were trying very very hard to mega-embarrassingly give away a 28 point mother **** lead to an awful team.

7-3
On to the Heat again on Sunday.

Let’s hope the whole team is not in COVID quarantine by that time.

I swear it's funny at this point. tell me, how many turnovers did he have late? he missed shots no doubt but just tell me how many to support your claim.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#71 » by playa-hater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:40 am

The Comedian wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Eh, everyone shows emotion differently. But you see it from him in big games and the playoffs.

I get that. Maybe like Tim Duncan, But I prefer KG. Fire > Ice
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#72 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:42 am

CeltsFlow wrote:Boy, Tacko had a night, but he's about to get thrown from the pan to the fire on Sunday if he spends any time guarding Bam :o

Bring him on! Honestly he probably does better than any of our current bigs. Excited to see it.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#73 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:42 am

Green89 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:[/b]

Nothing to do with it being a bad team, it was his effort. Diving on the floor, being the first one back on D for a chase down block, keeping offensive rebounds alive, and making many of the Wiz second guess driving inside on him. He had an excellent game. Not many bigs in he league are going to catch a lob and then be back at the other end blocking a fast break shot at the rim. This type of play is more than just one good game against a bad team. His game is improving and he looked comfortable with the speed of the game. He's clearly put in the work.

Nice. He def put it in the work and for a guy fighting for a spot on a roster and keeping his nba career alive he should be hustling and diving for loose balls. He’s not that good.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#74 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:43 am

JmacBronco68 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:[/b]

Tacko is never going to be a starter but he does have the potential to be a solid contributor. I wish I see the stats on points in the paint with him on the floor vs. off the floor. If 8 Mile could remember to pass the ball up high, Tacko would have had a few more baskets.

two of jb's turnovers were from bad passes to tacko. one too low then the next too high (lol too high)! need more time to find tacko's wheelhouse, I guess because he has fed theis there well.
CavemanDoctor
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#75 » by CavemanDoctor » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:45 am

Missed the game. I see everyone talking about Tacko but what's the no bs ruthless analysis on his game tonight? Like, could he possibly be a player even in games where we're not depleted?
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#76 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:45 am

playa-hater wrote:

:nod:
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#77 » by Ill News » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:48 am

The Comedian wrote:Jaylen averaging 26/6/3.5 on a 63% TS, and got his net rating into positive range tonight. The shooting will obviously fall off, but he has been awesome. His team defense drives me crazy, but dude has made a huge jump offensively, he has made some passes that I just never thought he’d be able to. At some point defenses have to start throwing more at him, because he is just feasting.

Here's an idea, what if it doesn't? What if he's MJ-level now from the midrange moving forward? 8-)

(I know, I know, he'll cool off, but there's always a chance :P )
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#78 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:49 am

playa-hater wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I voted Smart. As usual, he made the plays at the end that iced the game. Maybe I'm getting jaded by the J's. I just expect 25 or 30 apiece every night. It's automatic.

Yes, on Monday and I was negative. Watch the last 2-3 minutes of the game.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,942

Post#79 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:49 am

playa-hater wrote:

Over the last 16 years, I have seen even more curious takes by the esteemed ESQ Curmudgeon. Long timers know from whence I speak.

Marcus will always be a mixed bag.
We love his winning plays & D.
We hate his occasional bizarre shot selection.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,019

Post#80 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:51 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Jaylen was once again studly until he lapsed into TO-itis late in the game.
Jayson was mostly excellent & closed for us - 4 TOs sucks. Stop that!
Double P was super solid again - and made multiple key plays when we were trying very very hard to mega-embarrassingly give away a 28 point mother **** lead to an awful team.

7-3
On to the Heat again on Sunday.

Let’s hope the whole team is not in COVID quarantine by that time.

I swear it's funny at this point. tell me, how many turnovers did he have late? he missed shots no doubt but just tell me how many to support your claim.
He is credited with only 1 in the 4th.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Boston Celtics