ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
15%
Brown
39%
Smart
2%
Theis
No votes
Tacko
34%
Pritchard
4%
Semi
1%
Javonte
1%
Teague
1%
Other (team)
2%

Total votes: 122

The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3) 

Post#81 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:51 am

playa-hater wrote:
itrsteve wrote:I’m a little shocked Nesmith didn’t get minutes when we were up huge and just screwing around.

shocked no. Saddened more for me.

He must be struggling badly in practice If he can't get in for one second with half the team out
*Insert witty signature here.*
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#82 » by tlee324 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:52 am

Jaylen Brown gets it with another solid all around game. Tatum, of course is a good pick.

More Tacko please.

Pritchard brought it. AGAIN.

Marcus was up and down, but looking at the team stats, the biggest difference maker was the free throws, and Marcus had a big night there.

As a fan of the game, you gotta appreciate and respect the talent of Beal; that's a special player.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#83 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:55 am

Man brad really sounds optimistic about kemba....usually he downplays everything and he didn’t here which was surprising. Said he looks great and feels better than he ever has here.

I’ll be cautiously optimistic but that would be huge if he is actually looking 100% or close to
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#84 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:56 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Jaylen was once again studly until he lapsed into TO-itis late in the game.
Jayson was mostly excellent & closed for us - 4 TOs sucks. Stop that!
Double P was super solid again - and made multiple key plays when we were trying very very hard to mega-embarrassingly give away a 28 point mother **** lead to an awful team.

7-3
On to the Heat again on Sunday.

Let’s hope the whole team is not in COVID quarantine by that time.

I swear it's funny at this point. tell me, how many turnovers did he have late? he missed shots no doubt but just tell me how many to support your claim.

Honestly, I am not sure. Please tell me.
But he has had multiple TO-itis games this year. And I wish that would stop.

And, otherwise, he has indeed been studly..with phenomenal stat lines!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#85 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:59 am

Celticfan_N_FL wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Jaylen was once again studly until he lapsed into TO-itis late in the game.
Jayson was mostly excellent & closed for us - 4 TOs sucks. Stop that!
Double P was super solid again - and made multiple key plays when we were trying very very hard to mega-embarrassingly give away a 28 point mother **** lead to an awful team.

7-3
On to the Heat again on Sunday.

Let’s hope the whole team is not in COVID quarantine by that time.

I swear it's funny at this point. tell me, how many turnovers did he have late? he missed shots no doubt but just tell me how many to support your claim.
He is credited with only 1 in the 4th.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app

How many during the Q3 collapse?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,023

Post#86 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:08 am

exculpatory wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

1 in the 1st
2 in the 2nd
1 in the 3rd
1 in the 4th

He spread the TO out this game. Usually gets them in bunches.

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,390

Post#87 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:09 am

Jaylen gets it gets it for me. That huge three after a Tatum miss gave us a cushion. Tatum played fine. He looked slow when dribbling or attacking inside. Maybe he's a bit tired. Tacko was good. I hope he continues to get minutes. His size alone is enough to alter shots. He could be the rim protector we need on certain matchups. Should definitely get a lot of minutes moving forward. Who knows what he can do more, with more confidence. Smart played ass. He just showed how awful he is offensively. Too many boneheaded plays on his part. We just have the nack of losing big leads. That 10pt lead against the heat, with a minute remaining is just unacceptable. Losing a 28pt lead this game, and leaving Beal to score 20 in a quarter is just horrible defense. and here i thought we had the best wing defenders in Smart and brown. Again, Stevens failed to call timely timeouts. Smh
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#88 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:09 am

exculpatory wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

so now you're wrong so you have to change to a different quarter, okay. I'm not going to answer that because it's nearly as funny. go check.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#89 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:10 am

Celticfan_N_FL wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:He is credited with only 1 in the 4th.

1 in the 1st
2 in the 2nd
1 in the 3rd
1 in the 4th

He spread the TO out this game. Usually gets them in bunches.

Haha beat me to it!!!!!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#90 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:17 am

Triple7 wrote:Jaylen gets it gets it for me. That huge three after a Tatum miss gave us a cushion. Tatum played fine. He looked slow when dribbling or attacking inside. Maybe he's a bit tired. Tacko was good. I hope he continues to get minutes. His size alone is enough to alter shots. He could be the rim protector we need on certain matchups. Should definitely get a lot of minutes moving forward. Who knows what he can do more, with more confidence. Smart played ass. He just showed how awful he is offensively. Too many boneheaded plays on his part. We just have the nack of losing big leads. That 10pt lead against the heat, with a minute remaining is just unacceptable. Losing a 28pt lead this game, and leaving Beal to score 20 in a quarter is just horrible defense. and here i thought we had the best wing defenders in Smart and brown. Again, Stevens failed to call timely timeouts. Smh

They both gave all we needed from them! Again, the run Was made is what most teams do every season. Give them a break. The Jays both have had tired moments, they have to give so much every night.

Edit: So what does it say about Simmon's great D that his team gave him 60, 57 of it in 3Q? Nothing. Beal is an excellent scorer. It happens.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#91 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:24 am

If I had to it would have been Tacko because this was his first real NBA minutes, hadn't played all season, and thrown in there when we lost all our bigs and he outplayed theis (wasn't bad). Just warms the heart! Tommy Award!!! We needed every minute he gave. I loved it and I was wrong, thought Bertans and their shooters would kill him... cred stevens too, he didn't allow him to be put in that position!
Triple7
RealGM

Post#92 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:24 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:Jaylen gets it gets it for me. That huge three after a Tatum miss gave us a cushion. Tatum played fine. He looked slow when dribbling or attacking inside. Maybe he's a bit tired. Tacko was good. I hope he continues to get minutes. His size alone is enough to alter shots. He could be the rim protector we need on certain matchups. Should definitely get a lot of minutes moving forward. Who knows what he can do more, with more confidence. Smart played ass. He just showed how awful he is offensively. Too many boneheaded plays on his part. We just have the nack of losing big leads. That 10pt lead against the heat, with a minute remaining is just unacceptable. Losing a 28pt lead this game, and leaving Beal to score 20 in a quarter is just horrible defense. and here i thought we had the best wing defenders in Smart and brown. Again, Stevens failed to call timely timeouts. Smh

They both gave all we needed from them! Again, the run Was made is what most teams do every season. Give them a break. The Jays both have had tired moments, they have to give so much every night.

You missed the part when i said i voted for Jaylen for the VC. What are you saying give them a break??? So you are fine with the team losing a 10pt lead with a minute remaining? Or losing a 28pt lead in one quarter, while beal was scoring at will? The jays are young guys. Heck they could play the whole game if they want to. Plus coming off a day off. So no! Losing big leads happens, but it being a habit for this team should be alarming.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#93 » by Ill News » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:28 am

I was browsing the box score again and noticed that Tatum only had 1 free throw tonight. I don't know whether to be impressed that he still scored 32 despite that single FT, or concerned that he's still not able to get to the line constantly. Either way, it just shows how awesome of a scorer he is that he can just rain down field goals on you :lol:
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#94 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:30 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

You missed the part when i said i voted for Jaylen for the VC. What are you saying give them a break??? So you are fine with the team losing a 10pt lead with a minute remaining? Or losing a 28pt lead in one quarter, while beal was scoring at will? The jays are young guys. Heck they could play the whole game if they want to. Plus coming off a day off. So no! Losing big leads happens, but it being a habit for this team should be alarming.

I'm not fine with it, but it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, even to the players people want to trade for and the best players in the league! I understand it. We have to be better to win it all but I just think yall are making it sound like it's them/their when 30-year-old players in the league allow the same stuff on their teams. LA did so amazingly with it last season but it wasn't normal what they did.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#95 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:33 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I wasn't really talking about that to defend JB, I was defending JT, both of them have had tired moments because they have huge loads. Was saying JT wasn't alone in that regard, you singled him out.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#96 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:35 am

Ill News wrote:I was browsing the box score again and noticed that Tatum only had 1 free throw tonight. I don't know whether to be impressed that he still scored 32 despite that single FT, or concerned that he's still not able to get to the line constantly. Either way, it just shows how awesome of a scorer he is that he can just rain down field goals on you :lol:

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It was only a matter of time before he was going to be flames again, been throwing darts after people ragged on him.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#97 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:36 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I'm not fine with it, but it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, even to the players people want to trade for and the best players in the league! I understand it. We have to be better to win it all but I just think yall are making it sound like it's them/their when 30-year-old players in the league allow the same stuff on their teams. LA did so amazingly with it last season but it wasn't normal what they did.

I'm sorry shak! But i honestly don't understand what you're saying here! It's confusing.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#98 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:44 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I wasn't really talking about that to defend JB, I was defending JT, both of them have had tired moments because they have huge loads. Was saying JT wasn't alone in that regard, you singled him out.

What are you talking about singling out JT. I said he played fine!!!! I also said he looked slow because maybe he was tired. What the hell was wrong with that???
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#99 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:44 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I'm sorry shak! But i honestly don't understand what you're saying here! It's confusing.

I'm saying, I'm not fine with them giving up large leads but THE ENTIRE LEAGUE DOES IT, I understand it. I can want them to be better but I also understand that it's not something that is only a Cs problem.

Find one player people want to trade for or any guy who is older and better than the Jays whose teams don't cough up huge leads and let go of the rope when they are putting a whooping on a team. Lakers were great at not losing last season after going up huge, I think they set a record, it was a crazy stat.

We haven't been perfect but at least we are winning those games, unlike against the Heat in the playoffs.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#100 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:45 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

What are you talking about singling out JT. I said he played fine!!!! I also said he looked slow because maybe he was tired. What the hell was wrong with that???

singled him out about being tired and slow. he wasn't the only one.

Return to Boston Celtics