ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
15%
Brown
39%
Smart
2%
Theis
No votes
Tacko
34%
Pritchard
4%
Semi
1%
Javonte
1%
Teague
1%
Other (team)
2%

Total votes: 122

Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,397

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 116, WAS 107 (7-3) 

Post#101 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:45 am

Tatum had a quiet, effecient 32.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,922

Post#102 » by Joshyjess » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:49 am

I think I need to get some Celtics T-shirts printed out that say "Ugly wins count just as much as pretty wins". Sigh! That fourth quarter had to be one of the worst displays of basketball that I've seen in a long time. I've seen high-school pick up games that had better looking basketball than that.
Anyway. Another (mostly) good game for the Jays. Payday Pritchard had another pretty good game. and what else.....oh yeah TACKO!!!!!!!!!!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,956

Post#103 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:49 am

Jaqua92 wrote:Tatum had a quiet, effecient 32.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

after that first Q, I thought they did a great job of denying him the ball but he still put it on them. Just a great player! He's too tough to stop AND HE'S A CELTICS!!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#104 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:51 am

Joshyjess wrote:I think I need to get some Celtics T-shirts printed out that say "Ugly wins count just as much as pretty wins". Sigh! That fourth quarter had to be one of the worst displays of basketball that I've seen in a long time. I've seen high-school pick up games that had better looking basketball than that.
Anyway. Another (mostly) good game for the Jays. Payday Pritchard had another pretty good game. and what else.....oh yeah TACKO!!!!!!!!!!

Cant imagine what happens without Tacko tonight. The NBA made us play and we still won hahaha!
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,382

Post#105 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:53 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
I wasn't really talking about that to defend JB, I was defending JT, both of them have had tired moments because they have huge loads. Was saying JT wasn't alone in that regard, you singled him out.

What are you talking about singling out JT. I said he played fine!!!! I also said he looked slow because maybe he was tired. What the hell was wrong with that???

singled him out about being tired and slow. he wasn't the only one.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#106 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:55 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Not really. Dude had a great game and credit him for working hard. Still think he sucks

If That is what sucks looks like, Boston needs more "sucks"

He finally had a good game against a terrible team. Retire his jersey im sure you guys will have him as a centerpiece in a superstar trade soon.

He looks more mobile than ever and he played really solid- should get credit. Like I said credit to him but yeah he’s a jag

:nonono: :banghead: :banghead:
Triple7
RealGM

Post#107 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:57 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
I wasn't really talking about that to defend JB, I was defending JT, both of them have had tired moments because they have huge loads. Was saying JT wasn't alone in that regard, you singled him out.

What are you talking about singling out JT. I said he played fine!!!! I also said he looked slow because maybe he was tired. What the hell was wrong with that???

I said HE PLAYED FINE!!!! Wtf are you being so sensitive all of a sudden! I don't **** care about anybody. I just pointed out that he looks slow and tired. Why are you being so butt hurt? Lol
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 9,979

Post#108 » by fallguy » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:57 am

Jaylen getting doubled a decent amount lately. Not Tatum level but it's on the upswing. Guys are gonna get open shots.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#109 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:00 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:What are you talking about singling out JT. I said he played fine!!!! I also said he looked slow because maybe he was tired. What the hell was wrong with that???

Just wanted to say, you are taking my words too harshly, there was no anger or anything. Just thought JT wasn't the only one who looked tired, I should have been clearer. We haven't had any days off because they have practiced on the only days they do get off.

all of our games have been played since the 23 last month. :o

Edit: See, all that wasn't necessary but you can have that edited trash. I'm done.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#110 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:08 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Just wanted to say, you are taking my words too harshly, there was no anger or anything. Just thought JT wasn't the only one who looked tired, I should have been clearer. We haven't had any days off because they have practiced on the only days they do get off.

Look i wasn't singling Jayson out honestly. I think he played fine togeher with JB. You have to understand, If you are the star player of the team, eyes are focusing on you. I think Smart played ass this game, but it's still on Jayson and JB to keep this team afloat and avoid meltdowns.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#111 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:09 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Edit: See, all that wasn't necessary but you can have that edited trash. I'm done.

I think you need to get some sleep! You're confusing!
I'm done!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#112 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:22 am

Triple7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Look i wasn't singling Jayson out honestly. I think he played fine togeher with JB. You have to understand, If you are the star player of the team, eyes are focusing on you. I think Smart played ass this game, but it's still on Jayson and JB to keep this team afloat and avoid meltdowns.

Even though you were being an ass in your last comment, I don't dislike anyone on the board. I won't hold on to it, I probably won't remember it tomorrow anyway.

I just don't agree with your assessment. If you don't like that, fine, but keep it about that instead of childish remarks.

They did keep them afloat, look at their stats and Tatum finished them off. Smart is a part of holding things down too and even though he was pretty bad before that, he found a way to get it done in the crunch. Blowing large leads happens, period. Holding on to win is the real mark and we have been good at that so far.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#113 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:35 am

Good win. We played great in the 1st half.

VC goes to Brown. 13 rebounds and 5 assists along with 28 points.

Tatum was good. Still needs to get to the line more.

Semi played great for 3 minutes. That was about it.

Pritchard was good. Teague not so much.

Theis was solid. Smart was ok.

Tackkkkkko!!

Tacko played well. Moved well. Rebounded well. Blocked shots. I felt like they missed him open under the basket several times where we could have had easy dunks but we didn’t share the ball well.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,246

Post#114 » by TheMartian » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:39 am

I'm giving this to Tacko for stepping up to the challenge of filling in for the missing bigs.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#115 » by GoGreen » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 am

I feel like Marcus has been underwhelming for a while now. Like since the bubble.

Teague... oof. He makes some nice plays here and there but man he is not the same guy he was in ATL.

Tacko; not bad! Couldn't ask for much more from him tonight.

The Jays? All I have to say is it's going to be a pleasure watching them for years to come.

Win is a win I'll take it
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#116 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:02 am

Clips lost to GSW after being up 22 with 3m left in the 3rd... it happens. Lost by 10.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#117 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:09 am

The clippers is like the celtics. When they start to lose a big lead, they panic and chuck 3’s. No surprise there!
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#118 » by Tai » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:16 am

Honestly, came home with like a min or so left in the 3rd quarter (busy day lol). So here's my notes I guess?

-Got to see a bit of Tacko, though. Honestly, apart from his slowness, it seems he knows the plays well enough offensively and I heard on the radio he was making the Wizards think twice before driving to the rim. Something tell me if G League was happening as usual, he'd be crushing it there this season. So, I dunno how it affects his two-way contract but I hope he gets more meaningful reps.

-I guess Smart was up and down overall in the game, but 11 FTs is pretty good. If he had more of that and less egregious shot selection (much rater him drive to the hoop then huck 3's), that'd be fantastic.

-Tatum and Brown had great stat lines and it seemed they only play ok (I know they mostly closed out the game, credit to them). It says a lot for the standards we have for them. :nod:

-Seemed like another solid game for Pritchard. I saw him down low pulling a couple offensive rebounds late in the game!! I dunno if there's one thing Pritchard's necessarily GREAT at, but man does he seem to be GOOD in a lot of areas. Probably been referenced a million times, but hopefully Tommy's looking down and beaming at Pritchard.

-STOP. BLOWING. BIG. LEADS. :banghead:

Overall, guess what guys? The Celtics are tied with 4 other teams for most games played in the league at 10, yet still have won the vast majority at 7, also tied for most wins by a team so far. Kemba might finally be ready to play in a week after being out. That doesn't include what Danny might do with the TPE. Maybe with most of our Covid-ridden front court having to sit out we get a dose of "reality" against the Heat Sunday, but 10 games into the season I like the Celtics' situation a lot better than most of the contenders people claim the Celtics would have trouble with. Just my two cents. :nod:
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
Triple7
RealGM

Post#119 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:36 am

This is a good chance for Tacko to get a lot of minutes, since Stevens has no other choice. I really feel he is ready to give quality minutes, especially on certain matchups. He really bothered a lot of shots inside. I’m pretty sure guys like Butler and Dragic would think twice before attacking inside, with Tacko in the middle. Instead of Theis and TT, were the opposing guard and wings were just having a layup fest at their expense. I hope he does well again against the Heat.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#120 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:47 am

Probably going with Covid-19 for making brad not play 2 big men at 1 time.

my man Tacko, 4 pts, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, and +17 better on off than Theis.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets

Return to Boston Celtics