ImageImageImage

Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – POSTPONED

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – POSTPONED 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:53 pm

___________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Game Highlights

___________________________________________________________________________________

VC Count, 2020-21

Victory Cigar
(3) Jaylen Brown
(2) Jayson Tatum
(2) Payton Pritchard

Ties go to the Team.

(3) Jayson Tatum
(1) Robert Williams
(1) Jaylen Brown
(1) Payton Pritchard
(1) Tacko Fall

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Re: Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Sun. 01-10-21 

Post#2 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:56 pm

Celtics have to play a full 48 minutes in this one or they’re gonna get beat. Brad isn’t going up against a joke in Brooks this time, Spo knows what he’s doing out there. Brad needs to wake up and get a clue because more and more I feel we are winning in spite of our coach and not because of him
RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#3 » by RondoToKG » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:00 pm

Homerclease wrote:Celtics have to play a full 48 minutes in this one or they’re gonna get beat. Brad isn’t going up against a joke in Brooks this time, Spo knows what he’s doing out there. Brad needs to wake up and get a clue because more and more I feel we are winning in spite of our coach and not because of him

yup, each season that goes by i'm less and less impressed with Brad Stevens. Sorry to anyone who hates hearing that.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#4 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:19 pm

RondoToKG wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Celtics have to play a full 48 minutes in this one or they’re gonna get beat. Brad isn’t going up against a joke in Brooks this time, Spo knows what he’s doing out there. Brad needs to wake up and get a clue because more and more I feel we are winning in spite of our coach and not because of him

yup, each season that goes by i'm less and less impressed with Brad Stevens. Sorry to anyone who hates hearing that.

3 ECF in 4 years. Why are you less impressed?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,227

Post#5 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:11 pm

Miami Heat are facing the Wizards in Washington tonight. Predicting they have the 1st 10-overtime game in NBA history before they travel to Boston.

Just don't let their shooters go off. Communicate better on switches. If we do get a substantial lead, stop playing like asses and don't let go of the rope. Game is 48 minutes, not 28. We will be missing Grant on Bam here.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#6 » by Triple7 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:10 pm

Damn Bam would turn into Shaq once he see Theis infront of him. Lol
I want to see Tacko more this game.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,213

Post#7 » by bisme37 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:22 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:

Seems like a lot of people are just mad Brad has a different personality than they do. Why is he making this face instead of that face?? Why is he not screaming about this thing I'm screaming about from my couch??

Aside from that the main complaint I see is, Why is this guy I don't like in the game instead of the guy I do like?? Which, the answer is almost always because of who we have available to play that night and match-ups and the fact that your favorite player can't play the entire game without resting now and then.

We are without our allstar point guard and have the 3rd best record in the league. Coming off yet another ECF appearance. Not really a logical time to fire the coach imho.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#8 » by UNCBlue012 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:36 pm

Our guys to make shots. Boston can’t have a cold spell like last night where they missed a ton of wide-open gimmes. Smart, especially, needs to tighten around the win. Not having the bodies to play against Bam will hurt but I like the offensive output of the smaller unit.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#9 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:37 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:

Yes I’m aware of the resume and still support the coach as of now. I also think we’ve undersold the talent on this team over the past few years too.

This year feels different to me, not shifting out of the double big lineup is probably the biggest thing. I’ve always been critical of Brad and his poor timeout management over the years but nothing has changed.

Over the past few years it felt like we won on modest talent and excellent coaching. This year it feels like we’ve won purely on the backs of our two best players. We have a good record because Jaylen and Jayson have been lights out to start the year
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,287

Post#10 » by watsonthedragon » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:38 pm

We're about to find out that we had the Bam stopper on our bench the whole time.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#11 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:39 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:

Seems like a lot of people are just mad Brad has a different personality than they do. Why is he making this face instead of that face?? Why is he not screaming about this thing I'm screaming about from my couch??

Aside from that the main complaint I see is, Why is this guy I don't like in the game instead of the guy I do like?? Which, the answer is almost always because of who we have available to play that night and match-ups and the fact that your favorite player can't play the entire game without resting now and then.

We are without our allstar point guard and have the 3rd best record in the league. Coming off yet another ECF appearance. Not really a logical time to fire the coach imho.

Why does he continue to allow this team to blow leads before finally calling timeouts minutes after momentum has already shifted?

Why does he stick with the double big lineup when every metric known to man says it’s one of the worst lineups in the league?

Why does this team come out flat to start every third quarter?

Why is it off limits to criticize the coach based off this years team and not his past resume?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,213

Post#12 » by bisme37 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:52 pm

Homerclease wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:3 ECF in 4 years. Why are you less impressed?

Why does he continue to allow this team to blow leads before finally calling timeouts minutes after momentum has already shifted?

Why does he stick with the double big lineup when every metric known to man says it’s one of the worst lineups in the league?

Why is it off limits to criticize the coach based off this years team and not his past resume?

I am not a pro basketball coach nor am I Brad Stevens, but here are my takes on your questions...

1) Because he trusts the team and wants them to play through bad stretches and grow and learn to deal with adversity better in future games. And because he likes to save timeouts for late game situations and there is not an infinite number of timeouts available.

2) Because he says he thinks it can be a really good defensive unit and wants to give it more time. There was a short training camp and short preseason, so we're seeing more early experimentation than we would in a normal RS.

3) Why is that Brad's fault? Do we think he hands out sedatives at halftime?

4) It's not off limits. I just don't agree with you. For all your complaints we have the 3rd best record in the league despite the injures. So I don't have a problem with coaching at the moment.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#13 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:57 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:

Unimpressed with Brad? Fans are clamoring for a starting 5 of RW, Tatum, Smart, Brown, Pritchard right now.....all players under 25, drafted by Celtics and only coached by Brad in NBA. Semi is a guy everyone - including me - thought was a bust and now he has the highest +/- on the team and is breaking out. Javonte Green and Tacko are solid contributors and they were both undrafted! Theis who was undrafted marginal NBA player is a starting Center on an ECF team and when he replaced perennial all star Al Horford, the team didn’t miss a beat.

You don’t have to be a fan boy to see that Brad is special. Players that get drafted by the Celtics blossom under his leadership. Look at Rozier in Charlotte. Wannamaker in GS. Morris in LA. Eric Turner in Portland. It started with a tennis player at Butler named Gordon. If you come to Boston and play for Brad, you not only have your best career years.....you get paid!

Worried about Nesmith and Langford? Me too but if I had to bet money on it....I would bet that Brad will get the most out of them.

The guy is a rock star!
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#14 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:58 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

I am not a pro basketball coach nor am I Brad Stevens, but here are my takes on your questions...

1) Because he trusts the team and wants them to play through bad stretches and grow and learn to deal with adversity better in future games. And because he likes to save timeouts for late game situations and there is not an infinite number of timeouts available.

2) Because he says he thinks it can be a really good defensive unit and wants to give it more time. There was a short training camp and short preseason, so we're seeing more early experimentation than we would in a normal RS.

3) Why is that Brad's fault? Do we think he hands out sedatives at halftime?

4) It's not off limits. I just don't agree with you. For all your complaints we have the 3rd best record in the league despite the injures. So I don't have a problem with coaching at the moment.

1. That has proven not to work, over and over again.

2. He’s clearly wrong and the numbers prove it. If he truly thinks that then it actually strengthens my position

3. It’s the coaches job to motivate his team.

4. We have the third best record in the league because of Tatum and Brown. Not because of Brad
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#15 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:59 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:

Unimpressed with Brad? Fans are clamoring for a starting 5 of RW, Tatum, Smart, Brown, Pritchard right now.....all players under 25, drafted by Celtics and only coached by Brad in NBA. Semi is a guy everyone - including me - thought was a bust and now he has the highest +/- on the team and is breaking out. Javonte Green and Tacko are solid contributors and they were both undrafted! Theis who was undrafted marginal NBA player is a starting Center on an ECF team and when he replaced perennial all star Al Horford, the team didn’t miss a beat.

You don’t have to be a fan boy to see that Brad is special. Players that get drafted by the Celtics blossom under his leadership. Look at Haywood and Rozier in Charlotte. Wannamaker in GS. Morris in LA. Eric Turner in Portland. If you come to Boston and play for Brad, you not only have your best career years.....you get paid!

Worried about Nesmith and Langford? Me too but if I had to bet money on it....I would bet that Brad will get the most out of them.

The guy is a rock star!

And he’s also not without flaws either.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#16 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:01 pm

Homerclease wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:3 ECF in 4 years. Why are you less impressed?

You don’t have to be a fan boy to see that Brad is special. Players that get drafted by the Celtics blossom under his leadership. Look at Haywood and Rozier in Charlotte. Wannamaker in GS. Morris in LA. Eric Turner in Portland. If you come to Boston and play for Brad, you not only have your best career years.....you get paid!

The guy is a rock star!

Who isn’t? Belechek? Brad is always trying to be the best he can be but nobody is perfect. At least he isn’t complacent.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#17 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:02 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

The guy is a rock star!

Who isn’t? Belechek? Brad is always trying to be the best he can be but nobody is perfect. At least he isn’t complacent.

I think he’s been poor this year to be frank. First year I’ve thought it
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#18 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:05 pm

Tatum enters covid protocol and will miss 10 days via shams
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#19 » by Homerclease » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:06 pm