Around the League 2020-21

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#241 » by Killboard » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:17 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:Detriot would probably have beaten the wolves if they didnt play Hayes.

yes they would have. Rose for fitty

Nah, the Pistons still played Rose, last night was Frank Jackson who took Hayes minutes.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#242 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:32 pm

Jedzz our boy Haliburton should be front runner for RoY right now. Here's his latest game. Looks like his college game does transfer to the NBA. Kind of reminds me of Malcolm Brogdon.

TYRESE HALIBURTON
PG, SACRAMENTO KINGS

Tyrese Haliburton scored 15 points and dished a career-high eight assists during Friday's loss, making 5-of-10 shots with all of his makes coming behind the arc.
He filled out his line with two boar2ds, two steals, one block and just one turnover in 29 minutes. The Kings are a bit of a mess, with off-court drama involving two of their best players, but Haliburton radiates promise for the franchise. He fell in the draft to No. 12 and plenty of teams are regretting passing on him, as he's already an assured presence and the team's second-best playmaker. He came in averaging 4.7 dimes vs. 0.7 turnovers, remarkable for a rookie, and he's shown elite efficiency from every level as a scorer. He shines brightest in 9-cat but is a fantasy star in the making regardless of league settings.

Jan 9, 2021, 1:05 AM ET

NBA.Com agrees with me and has him 1st on their rookie ladder. Ball Second, Pritchard 3rd, Wiseman 4th and our Antman 5th.

1. Tyrese Haliburton, Sacramento Kings

Stats: 11.7 PTS, 4.7 AST, 2.8 REB, 1.3 STL, 51.0% FG, 48.1% 3PT

Best game: Jan. 6 vs. CHI: 17 points (7-15 FG, 3-7 3PT), 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers

Something to know: Through six games, Haliburton has 28 assists and just four turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 7.0. That's the second-best ratio in the NBA - not just among rookies - for any player with more than 25 assists. He is coming off of a win over the Bulls in which he scored 15 of his 17 points in the fourth quarter, including a game-sealing 3-pointer while filling in for the injured De'Aaron Fox. The Kings are 4-2 with Haliburton in the lineup and 0-2 without him.

Tyrese Haliburton with the big 3 late as the Kings win. pic.twitter.com/IZtwjZBNVg

- NBA (@NBA) January 7, 2021
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#243 » by Baseline81 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Jedzz our boy Haliburton should be front runner for RoY right now. Here's his latest game. Looks like his college game does transfer to the NBA. Kind of reminds me of Malcolm Brogdon.

TYRESE HALIBURTON
PG, SACRAMENTO KINGS

Tyrese Haliburton scored 15 points and dished a career-high eight assists during Friday's loss, making 5-of-10 shots with all of his makes coming behind the arc.
He filled out his line with two boar2ds, two steals, one block and just one turnover in 29 minutes. The Kings are a bit of a mess, with off-court drama involving two of their best players, but Haliburton radiates promise for the franchise. He fell in the draft to No. 12 and plenty of teams are regretting passing on him, as he's already an assured presence and the team's second-best playmaker. He came in averaging 4.7 dimes vs. 0.7 turnovers, remarkable for a rookie, and he's shown elite efficiency from every level as a scorer. He shines brightest in 9-cat but is a fantasy star in the making regardless of league settings.

NBA.Com agrees with me and has him 1st on their rookie ladder. Ball Second, Pritchard 3rd, Wiseman 4th and our Antman 5th.

Best game: Jan. 6 vs. CHI: 17 points (7-15 FG, 3-7 3PT), 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers

Something to know: Through six games, Haliburton has 28 assists and just four turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 7.0. That's the second-best ratio in the NBA - not just among rookies - for any player with more than 25 assists. He is coming off of a win over the Bulls in which he scored 15 of his 17 points in the fourth quarter, including a game-sealing 3-pointer while filling in for the injured De'Aaron Fox. The Kings are 4-2 with Haliburton in the lineup and 0-2 without him.

Tyrese Haliburton with the big 3 late as the Kings win. pic.twitter.com/IZtwjZBNVg

Really, your boy?

From the NBA Draft Day Thread:
KGdaBom wrote:1 Wiseman or 3-4 Deni
17 Terry
33 McDaniel
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#244 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:07 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Jedzz our boy Haliburton should be front runner for RoY right now. Here's his latest game. Looks like his college game does transfer to the NBA. Kind of reminds me of Malcolm Brogdon.

TYRESE HALIBURTON
PG, SACRAMENTO KINGS

Really, your boy?

From the NBA Draft Day Thread:
KGdaBom wrote:1 Wiseman or 3-4 Deni
17 Terry
33 McDaniel

Yes my boy. Not #1 on my wish list, but I was and still am a fan. If you go back and check what I had to say about him I called him the closest thing to Steve Nash coming into the draft.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#245 » by Baseline81 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Yes my boy. Not #1 on my wish list, but I was and still am a fan. If you go back and check what I had to say about him I called him the closest thing to Steve Nash coming into the draft.

My point was to show he wasn't your first or second option (Deni was). To say he was your boy is a little misleading.

How many boys do you two have? Jedzz also liked Nesmith.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#246 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:47 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yes my boy. Not #1 on my wish list, but I was and still am a fan. If you go back and check what I had to say about him I called him the closest thing to Steve Nash coming into the draft.

My point was to show he wasn't your first or second option (Deni was). To say he was your boy is a little misleading.

How many boys do you two have? Jedzz also liked Nesmith.

No intent to be misleading. The record speaks for itself that I liked him coming into the draft. I have several players I liked more than most. He was well above Terry and McDaniels on my list, but I correctly assumed that Haliburton would not be available at pick 17. My intent was to point out that Jedzz and I were supporters of him while others were disparaging. Jedzz is very into what you have shown already and no other college player came close to playing as well as Haliburton this past season IMO. Not even Obi Toppin.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#247 » by Neeva » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:26 pm

The two front runners for roy will be edwards and ball and no one else will be close.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#248 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:40 pm

Neeva wrote:The two front runners for roy will be edwards and ball and no one else will be close.

At this point in the season Haliburton has buried those two. No one else even close.
You've written off Haliburton for some reason. His shot's a little wonky. It's not in the same realm as Ball's horrific shooting mechanics. In the end what matters is does the shot go in. Haliburton's shot is going in at a much higher percentage than Ball's and Edwards'. Thing is there is so much more to Haliburton's game. Excellent defense and leadership. Tough in the clutch. Edwards' potential and to a lesser extent Ball's potential intrigue me, but Haliburton has been so much better.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#249 » by jpatrick » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Neeva wrote:The two front runners for roy will be edwards and ball and no one else will be close.

At this point in the season Haliburton has buried those two. No one else even close.
You've written off Haliburton for some reason. His shot's a little wonky. It's not in the same realm as Ball's horrific shooting mechanics. In the end what matters is does the shot go in. Haliburton's shot is going in at a much higher percentage than Ball's and Edwards. Thing is there is so much more to Haliburton's game. Excellent defense and leadership. Tough in the clutch. Edwards potential and to a to a lesser extent Ball's potential intrigue me, but Haliburton has been so much better.

Halliburton is in the perfect spot. Has a penetrating PG and a shooter with him in the backcourt. Let’s him play off the ball mostly but with some backup PG minutes. His shot had translated, which was a question. He’ll never be a superstar because he doesn’t create shots for himself or others but he’s going to be a really high end role player.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#250 » by Neeva » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

You've written off Haliburton for some reason. His shot's a little wonky. It's not in the same realm as Ball's horrific shooting mechanics. In the end what matters is does the shot go in. Haliburton's shot is going in at a much higher percentage than Ball's and Edwards'. Thing is there is so much more to Haliburton's game. Excellent defense and leadership. Tough in the clutch. Edwards' potential and to a lesser extent Ball's potential intrigue me, but Haliburton has been so much better.

So you got off Wiseman nuts (since he can’t rebound or defend, maybe the worst 7’ rebounder I have ever seen) to get on Haliburton’s. haliburton has no star upside andwait till his wnba form stops working.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#251 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:21 pm

jpatrick wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

You've written off Haliburton for some reason. His shot's a little wonky. It's not in the same realm as Ball's horrific shooting mechanics. In the end what matters is does the shot go in. Haliburton's shot is going in at a much higher percentage than Ball's and Edwards. Thing is there is so much more to Haliburton's game. Excellent defense and leadership. Tough in the clutch. Edwards potential and to a to a lesser extent Ball's potential intrigue me, but Haliburton has been so much better.

Halliburton is in the perfect spot. Has a penetrating PG and a shooter with him in the backcourt. Let’s him play off the ball mostly but with some backup PG minutes. His shot had translated, which was a question. He’ll never be a superstar because he doesn’t create shots for himself or others but he’s going to be a really high end role player.

Nice 8 assists last night for a guy who doesn't have the ball or create for others.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#252 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:23 pm

Neeva wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

So you got off Wiseman nuts (since he can’t rebound or defend, maybe the worst 7’ rebounder I have ever seen) to get on Haliburton’s. haliburton has no star upside andwait till his wnba form stops working.

I'm not off of Wiseman at all. Just talking about Haliburton a bit. You can write Haliburton off and I think it's going to be hilarious how he proves you wrong every game while you continue to double and triple down on how he sucks.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#253 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:37 pm

Tyrese Maxey looking like a great pick for Philli

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#254 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:03 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Tyrese Maxey looking like a great pick for Philli

As he should. Thats a G league team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#255 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:06 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:

That is a HUGE game for Maxey. Let's see him do that with Embiid, Simmons and Harris playing.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#256 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:13 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:

That is a HUGE game for Maxey. Let's see him do that with Embiid, Simmons and Harris playing.

I agree. Kid has scoring potential

LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#257 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 am

We can't deny...
Lamelo is goooooood
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#258 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:30 am

But but.. he can't shoot.. his mechanics... Bla bla bla..
mercgold3 wrote:We can't deny...
Lamelo is goooooood

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#259 » by Calinks » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:07 am

Lamelo with a triple-double and a win, kid is balling right now, I have to give him credit.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#260 » by jpatrick » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:53 am

Calinks wrote:Lamelo with a triple-double and a win, kid is balling right now, I have to give him credit.

Passing on Ball will be what everyone remembers about Rosas in 10 years, much like Kahn passing on Steph twice.

What you see now is what you saw in the last half of his games in Australia. It’s why almost every single draft analyst had him #1.

Not shockingly, with his size, athletic ability, and BBIQ, besides becoming a triple double threat, he’s playing good defense. Outplayed Trae tonight, holding him to 5-19 while getting a triple double in a win.

As a Wolves fan since the beginning, passing on Ball because we had Russell, who I just don’t think contributes to winning, makes me a little ill.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves