ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Rookie Tracker

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: 2020 Rookie Tracker 

Post#61 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:45 pm

The good thing about Wiseman is we know he'll only keep getting better and better. You can say that with all rookies, but Wiseman has had a super simple role to start the year and yet still put up great numbers without really trying. So imagine how much better he'll be after a few more games under his belt and starts to get more and more comfortable, especially once the team learns how to include him in the offense better. Kerr has so many new players on the roster it seems like he hasn't had time to really focus on each individual all at once, but soon this team will gel and everyone will find their rhythm.
#DubNation
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#62 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:30 pm

Would love for Kerr to just experiment with some pick and roll offense with Curry and Wiseman. Just run it for five minutes or so to see how they work and react together.

I wouldn’t do it against the Clippers where Ibaka and Beverly would make life really tough trying to run it. But against a lesser team in a different matchup, Od really like to see how it can look.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#63 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:58 pm

Yeah, more pick and rolls with Wiseman would be the best way to get him more involved without complicating things too much for him.
#DubNation
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 428

Post#64 » by TrueFan420 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Would love for Kerr to just experiment with some pick and roll offense with Curry and Wiseman. Just run it for five minutes or so to see how they work and react together.

I wouldn’t do it against the Clippers where Ibaka and Beverly would make life really tough trying to run it. But against a lesser team in a different matchup, Od really like to see how it can look.

I’d also like to see this done with Dray and a couple of double pick sets with Curry, Dray and Wiseman.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#65 » by Quazza » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:52 am

Lamelo one assist away from a triple double .....
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#66 » by marthafokker » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:01 am

Hahaha... Ball passed for an assist with 1 second left instead of shooting a 3.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#67 » by Quazza » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:13 am

marthafokker wrote:Hahaha... Ball passed for an assist with 1 second left instead of shooting a 3.

lol yeah that was not a good look

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#68 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 am

LaMelo with his first career triple double tonight. Bogut told us that LaMelo was the real deal.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Quazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:58 am

Old_Blue wrote:LaMelo with his first career triple double tonight. Bogut told us that LaMelo was the real deal.

I told everyone ! :lol: But kept getting told he was trash by people who had never actually seen a game of his

He was doing **** in our league that no one ever had, as an 18 year old kid. He's special

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:02 am

I don’t think many doubted what he could do. But he still doesn’t play defense. And his shot is fugly even if it’s going in.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Quazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:08 am

Mylie10 wrote:I don’t think many doubted what he could do. But he still doesn’t play defense. And his shot is fugly even if it’s going in.

Give the kid some credit you grumpy old bastard :lol: :D

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#72 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:10 am

Quazza wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:LaMelo with his first career triple double tonight. Bogut told us that LaMelo was the real deal.

I told everyone ! :lol: But kept getting told he was trash by people who had never actually seen a game of his

He was doing **** in our league that no one ever had, as an 18 year old kid. He's special

His percentages went up a little too (still not great) but better.

Coach has a good strategy for playing melo early on. I think it’s good he gets backup minutes and learns to play in short minutes here and there - learns to value his time on the court. I LOVE his ability to grab rebounds
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#73 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:10 am

You’ll find the truth in the BIG BOARD thread (unless people edited their lists lol)
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#74 » by Ilovethebay » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:17 am

If the season ended today he would be the ROY. Some many of the resident “scouts” here missed it :lol: Never seen such a swing and a miss by some of the know it alls on this board. He will be up and down with his shooting but his passing and rebounding for his position is already at an elite level.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#75 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:27 am

Prior to the draft, Bogut compared LaMelo to Jason Kidd. That's a fair comparison. He'll play in this league for a long time. If Edwards or Wiseman craps the bed, their respective team will be hearing about it for a long time.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#76 » by Ilovethebay » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:45 am

Old_Blue wrote:Prior to the draft, Bogut compared LaMelo to Jason Kidd. That's a fair comparison. He'll play in this league for a long time. If Edwards or Wiseman craps the bed, their respective team will be hearing about it for a long time.

You’re right time will tell. I’m still high on Wiseman but having an elite level rebounder/ passer with Steph and Klay would have been fun to watch. Just read that he is the youngest player to record a triple double by about 2 years. That’s freaking bananas :lol: especially since he almost got one recently.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#77 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:39 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Prior to the draft, Bogut compared LaMelo to Jason Kidd. That's a fair comparison. He'll play in this league for a long time. If Edwards or Wiseman craps the bed, their respective team will be hearing about it for a long time.

You’re right time will tell. I’m still high on Wiseman but having an elite level rebounder/ passer with Steph and Klay would have been fun to watch. Just read that he is the youngest player to record a triple double by about 2 years. That’s freaking bananas :lol: especially since he almost got one recently.

Agreed...It would have been seriously fun to watch. Curry, LaMelo and Draymond on the court at the same time might have comprised the best passing starting squad of all time. Alas, what could have been.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#78 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Updated through Jan. 10.

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Quazza wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I don’t think many doubted what he could do. But he still doesn’t play defense. And his shot is fugly even if it’s going in.

Give the kid some credit you grumpy old bastard :lol: :D

You must have me confused with someone else. He’s a pro. Great vision and passer. No doubt.

But the other stuff is real, until it isn’t.
Khoee wrote “
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#80 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Melo will always get his raw box scores numbers, that was never the doubt, just by virtue of his on-ball ability/monopolization and today's NBA, but the substance is a lacking, and it'll become more and more clear once his role/usage grows just like it did for guys like Trae and Dlo

Return to Golden State Warriors