ImageImage

PG Cleveland: Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Re: PG Cleveland: Win 

Post#21 » by HKPackFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:10 am

Thanasis and thon maker were battling each other.

That actually was happening on an NBA court in a non garbage time regulation game.

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry at what I was watching :lol:

There was lots of flailing limbs like a giraffe and rhino were wrestling over a pumpkin.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#22 » by Brewhoopfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 am

I hate railing against guys who play really hard, but Thanasis just needs to waive a towel.

Drummond beating Lopez all night like a rented mule was kinda funny. If it was a 12 round fight, Brooks corner would have been throwing the white towel in round 3. I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as it seems, but everyone seems to be scoring on Lopez at the rim this year.

Will Forbes ever realize he's not anything more than spot-up shooter. And he can be GREAT in that role! Every time I see him shoot an off balance jumper off the dribble, I want to punch him in the nuts.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#23 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 am

A few of those possessions where Drummond was driving from the perimeter (lol) felt like homeless version 45 year old LeBron, finishing his career in Cleveland.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#24 » by -Jragon- » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:01 am

Thanos says suck it - we're 5 and 2 since he started playing meaningful minutes lol.

But really we need to be using this regular season time to carve out realistic roles for guys. For example it didn't help letting Kris try to be Kawaii last year when he should have been being Reggie Miller. Miami played within themselves, they got each other looks they knew they can make and their defense was on the same page. Even the Bucks having 12 more regular season wins and the MVP wasn't enough to stop that.

Everyone's role should be to shoot and play defense except Giannis/Jrue should do more and Thanos should do less (defense and rebounding). See how Donte can develop as a passer off 1 or 2 dribbles
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#25 » by -Jragon- » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:19 am

Forbes with the under-the-radar 14 min Tony Snell game. 0 0 0 0 0 0 lmao
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#26 » by Fotis St » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 am

Do we have Virtual Fans ? Can anyone post a link where I could apply to be one ? I'll be the best ever.

Anyway, after being told crazy for posting to trade Brook preseason, I'm happy a lot of here now gets it. That Dotson shove and left layup in Brook's smiling face was just the cherry on top of the cake. He is like a 7ft Nowak at this point.

Can we call Steph and tell him that we have a healthy splash mountain. He needs a Splash brother since Klay is injured. Can we get Wiggins? If not then get rookie contract and a 2nd pick or something
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#27 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Fotis St wrote:Do we have Virtual Fans ? Can anyone post a link where I could apply to be one ? I'll be the best ever.

Anyway, after being told crazy for posting to trade Brook preseason, I'm happy a lot of here now gets it. That Dotson shove and left layup in Brook's smiling face was just the cherry on top of the cake. He is like a 7ft Nowak at this point.

Can we call Steph and tell him that we have a healthy splash mountain. He needs a Splash brother since Klay is injured. Can we get Wiggins? If not then get rookie contract and a 2nd pick or something

Wiggins? The best part about our organization is that we're not stuck with Wiggins contract.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#28 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Imagine being in a position where you have to put Drummond, Javale McGee and Thon Maker together in a lineup without a point guard to close out a game.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#29 » by WRau1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 pm

I hear Cavs love centers, how about they give us Nance for Lopez.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#30 » by leroyjw10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:40 pm

I’m not a big DJW supporter, but there’s no fathomable reason Thanasis should play over him.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#31 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Wow, we're on page 2!
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#32 » by KidA24 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:I hate railing against guys who play really hard, but Thanasis just needs to waive a towel.

Drummond beating Lopez all night like a rented mule was kinda funny. If it was a 12 round fight, Brooks corner would have been throwing the white towel in round 3. I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as it seems, but everyone seems to be scoring on Lopez at the rim this year.

Will Forbes ever realize he's not anything more than spot-up shooter. And he can be GREAT in that role! Every time I see him shoot an off balance jumper off the dribble, I want to punch him in the nuts.

47.9% for shots under 6 feet vs BroLo this season.

What you're remembering does not line up with the data.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#33 » by KidA24 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 pm

Fotis St wrote:Do we have Virtual Fans ? Can anyone post a link where I could apply to be one ? I'll be the best ever.

Virtual fans were bubble-only. Too much $$$ to set up at every stadium.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#34 » by drew881 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Imagine being in a position where you have to put Drummond, Javale McGee and Thon Maker together in a lineup without a point guard to close out a game.

Sounds like a John Hammond, “positionless basketball” wet dream.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#35 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:50 pm

It was a win without Giannis. Zero complaints from me under those circumstances.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#36 » by Prez » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Thanasis and Forbes have by far the worst and second worst net ratings in the rotation, we’re over 15 points per 100 worse with either on court lol. I know it’s still small sample size but the trends are forming
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 964

Post#37 » by Ryan5UW » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:I’m not a big DJW supporter, but there’s no fathomable reason Thanasis should play over him.

Maybe Giannis demanded more playing time for Thanasis as a condition of signing.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#38 » by Brewhoopfan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:I hate railing against guys who play really hard, but Thanasis just needs to waive a towel.

47.9% for shots under 6 feet vs BroLo this season.

What you're remembering does not line up with the data.

Yep, I knew that was coming. I guess the perception suffers from everyone getting funneled to him. He's going to get scored on a lot despite the good %.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#39 » by Siefer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Lopez has never been a great one-on-one post defender, and it's not what we need out of him. I'm not surprised or worried Drummond scored on him - note that it really didn't matter.

Thanasis isn't an NBA player, and it's pretty hard to watch him out there. He's not even a serviceably defender - he's always lost out in space, runs into his own dudes on every screen, fouls a ton, and some of his pump fake bites make Pat wince.

Forbes should be able to give us 10-12 minutes of good spot up shooting when paired with Giannis, but he looks like a rogue agent out there half the time. He's putting the ball on the floor a bunch, and most egregiously, dribbling out of 3s into long 2s. When he's doing anything besides shooting threes on kicks and swings, he's a **** albatross, and I say this as someone who's bullish on his ability to be useful.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#40 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:I’m not a big DJW supporter, but there’s no fathomable reason Thanasis should play over him.

Maybe Giannis demanded more playing time for Thanasis as a condition of signing.

This would make sense, except that DJW was the backup 4 the first 3 games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks