ImageImageImage

Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – POSTPONED

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Re: Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – POSTPONED 

Post#241 » by klemen4 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Guess who Miami played yesterday? Washington ...after playing them, multiple teams players test positive...it's really strange?
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#242 » by Taget » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm

I'm kinda disappointed. Was looking forward to seeing our deep bench getting a little play. I still maintain there is deadwood there that should be cleaned out. But let's give them a chance to see what they can do.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#243 » by TheSheriff » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:19 pm

klemen4 wrote:Guess who Miami played yesterday? Washington ...after playing them, multiple teams players test positive...it's really strange?

I’m fairly certain that you don’t test positive 18 hours after exposure.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Game Thread: Heat @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Sun. 01-10-21 

Post#244 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:22 pm

GWVan wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GWVan wrote:Game threads are tough enough to get thru for me. Do we have to argue the merits of the coach here before the game? I came here to see what everyone thought about who plays today, not yet another rehash of how horrible Danny and or Brad are. I am not the biggest contributer to this board but i have been here reading, a lot, for along time. Finding myself staying away for longer and longer each time

The worlds most famous beach as in Daytona?

Absolutely, although i actually live in port orange

Own a condo in the shores almost near ponce inlet....port orange is really nice. Actually I worked out for awhile at the LA fitness in port orange
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,680

Post#245 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 pm

This whole mess just highlights how much health luck there will wind up being in the regular season standings.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#246 » by return2glory » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 pm

klemen4 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:The contact tracing rules means that 1 or 2 positives can shut down your whole team.

Exactly, they tried to outsmart themselves when deciding on this rules. In all sport here in Europe is like this, player testing positive goes into quarantene, others play on.

Contact tracing...come on all players are in contact with one another.

Yeah that’s the dumb part in this. To sit out for contact tracing makes no sense. If Rob Williams had it, then almost every player on the Celtics and the guys that were on the floor with him on the other team should all sit out based on contact tracking. But they pick and choose. Makes no sense.

What would make sense if what you are saying. If you test positive you sit and quarantine and if you’re negative, you play.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#247 » by SMTBSI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 pm

GWVan wrote:Game threads are tough enough to get thru for me. Do we have to argue the merits of the coach here before the game? I came here to see what everyone thought about who plays today, not yet another rehash of how horrible Danny and or Brad are. I am not the biggest contributer to this board but i have been here reading, a lot, for along time. Finding myself staying away for longer and longer each time

This is the problem. Good posters leave, so the board gets worse, so more good posters leave, so the board gets worse. It accelerates. This is how forums become ghost towns.

Please stick around.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#248 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:So are they going to postpone the next several games? Aren't all these players out multiple games?

Well ironically it appears the games postponed because the Heat only had 7 available players. We still had 8 the and game was on from our end.

We should really claim one of our 8 tweaked an ankle so we can postpone all our games until we have Tatum back.

Silver doing a piss poor job with this, but that's not surprising as he's only really done one thing right since taking over the league (the bubble).

That's what Doc tried to do with Philly and it didn't work.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#249 » by SMTBSI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:50 pm

TheSheriff wrote:
klemen4 wrote:Guess who Miami played yesterday? Washington ...after playing them, multiple teams players test positive...it's really strange?

I’m fairly certain that you don’t test positive 18 hours after exposure.

Correct. That trend of everyone testing positive a day after playing the Wizards is just statistical noise. It doesn't work that way.

The real situation is that it's almost certainly just well-spread throughout the league already, and we'll be seeing more and more cases in the days and weeks to come.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#250 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:52 pm

SMTBSI wrote:

This is the problem. Good posters leave, so the board gets worse, so more good posters leave, so the board gets worse. It accelerates. This is how forums become ghost towns.

Please stick around.

Stick around. Game threads are unbearable. Not sure why every game is a referendum on Danny and brad.

It has become dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#251 » by Gomes3PC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:52 pm

This is the right call. It was moronic they were even waiting this long to make the call. For all the cred Silver built in the bubble, seems like they are losing it just as fast this season. Pause the league for a week, reset and retest everyone, and get going again from there.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,691

Post#252 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:02 am

WTF Is wrong with Stevens??! Why THIS starting five?!? FIRE BRAD NOW!!
Bostonic33
Sophomore
And1: 262

Post#253 » by Bostonic33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 am

klemen4 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:Contact tracing...come on all players are in contact with one another.

NBA should require inflatable full body sumo suits for all players. I'd pay to watch this game.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#254 » by SichtingLives » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am

Sometimes I will watch a game and everything is cool. Then I check into the gamethread and it's like OMG HORRIBLE WTF JESUS THAT GUY R U SERIOUS BENCH HIM AWFUL AGHGHGH and I'm like uhh the score is 63-62 did I miss something?
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,651

Post#255 » by Green89 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:WTF Is wrong with Stevens??! Why THIS starting five?!? FIRE BRAD NOW!!

Don't forget about Ainge. He drafted a bunch of players who can't fight covid. He needs to go. Fifty players went later in the past three drafts that could have played tonight and not been in quarantine.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#256 » by Triple7 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 am

SMTBSI wrote:

Please stick around.

Actually, i like the different characters here in our board. It makes it more fun and interesting. Just imagine if every posters are alike? No complaining, every one agreeing with each other, all are homers and team fanatics. That would be so boring and dull. Just look at other team’s board, not much action in there, even on a game day. I’m glad we have different personalities here. It makes our board fun. Other boards are boring, that’s why their fans/posters goes to the GB for action. At least we try to remain respectful with each other, and our mods are quick to react when things gets testy. So o respectfully disagree :D Now, if you are too sensitive to hear or read complaints against Brad and Danny, then this is not the place for you. We are all Celtics fans here ao everyone is good :D

PS. Try to go to the raps board. They have the biggest number of posters there, and they are allowed to say some things to each other, (like you are the worst, dumbest, etc), which i find funny though, at least nobody really does that here i think. My point is, they have an even bigger group than ours, and their board is as alive as ours. Much better than those boring ass boards!
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#257 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 am

Whoa Smart has already taken 17 threes, and it’s only halftime.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#258 » by TheMartian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:46 am

On the bright side, we get to hold the #1 spot in the standings for a little while longer.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#259 » by Ill News » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:11 am

The Comedian wrote:Whoa Smart has already taken 17 threes, and it’s only halftime.

I didn't get to watch the game, though I heard Nesmith hit 8 threes. Who says Danny can't draft? :D
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#260 » by TheMartian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:24 am

TheMartian wrote:On the bright side, we get to hold the #1 spot in the standings for a little while longer.

Spoke too soon. Fakers on top again after their win over Houston.

Return to Boston Celtics