ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#441 » by dagger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Think differently, guys, with Lowry

Name a team in a playoff position right now, that hasn't been a playoff team very often in the past 20 years so is hungry, has a \ veteran coach who is committed to winning, loves vets - not kids - and BADLY, BADLY, needs a PG who would make everyone better. It's also a team with loads of expiring contracts and extra first round picks.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
BDE
Senior
And1: 1,174

Post#442 » by BDE » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm

dagger wrote:Think differently, guys, with Lowry

Name a team in a playoff position right now, that hasn't been a playoff team very often in the past 20 years so is hungry, has a \ veteran coach who is committed to winning, loves vets - not kids - and BADLY, BADLY, needs a PG who would make everyone better. It's also a team with loads of expiring contracts and extra first round picks.

Does NY have enough to match salary though? What does the deal look like?
dagger
RealGM

Post#443 » by dagger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:08 pm

BDE wrote:

They absolutely do, and don't have to include any talent they'd miss
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#444 » by Psubs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm

dagger wrote:
BDE wrote:

They absolutely do, and don't have to include any talent they'd miss

I love how he just catches shot attempts with 2 hands! Even did it to Wiseman!

Isaiah Mobely is a sophomore playing with Evan, if got Evan, I wouldn't mind bringing in Evan as an undrafted FA later on. He at least has more assists than turnovers. Might be more useful than Len.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#445 » by Psubs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Thomas Bryant torn ACL. :( I wanted to trade for him in the off-season, now he's out for the year and Washington should keep tanking for a top 3 pick. Baynes and Len for Robin Lopez. Len played for local Maryland.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#446 » by Red_Claw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm

The answer is Denver. You may not get expiring contracts that will equal Lowry's salary but Denver checks all of the other boxes.

- expiring in Millsap (if you go that direction)
- large TPE
- 2021 FRP
- young prospect (bol bol, Nnaji, Hampton)

Denver doesn't need another playmaker but with Kyle, you get a tough, high energy defender who knows how to win and can play off the ball. This is Denvers window and I expected them to make a push for a ring.
dagger
RealGM

Post#447 » by dagger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 pm

Red_Claw wrote:

The answer is Denver. You may not get expiring contracts that will equal Lowry's salary but Denver checks all of the other boxes.

- large TPE
- 2021 FRP

Denver doesn't need another playmaker but with Kyle, you get a tough, high energy defender who knows how to win and can play off the ball. This is Denvers window and I expected them to make a push for a ring.

I steered people to NY because the Knicks are in a playoff position, need a point guard badly, have extra firsts, an abundance of expiring contracts, and a trade can easily be engineered which returns a big TPE because the Knicks aren't near a tax position. Denver is close to a tax situation, and only has its own first rounders and owes a pick to OKC in the future (not 2021), whereas the Knicks have all of their own firsts, Dallas' pick this June, and Dallas' pick in 2023.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,972

Post#448 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:23 pm

dagger wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

- large TPE
- 2021 FRP

I steered people to NY because the Knicks are in a playoff position, need a point guard badly, have extra firsts, an abundance of expiring contracts, and a trade can easily be engineered which returns a big TPE because the Knicks aren't near a tax position. Denver is close to a tax situation, and only has its own first rounders and owes a pick to OKC in the future (not 2021), whereas the Knicks have all of their own firsts, Dallas' pick this June, and Dallas' pick in 2023.

Gawd, the Knicks looked so leaderless when we stomped them a few weeks ago (they had injuries ... but still). Lowry would make all the difference. AND, it would accomplish his undoubted goal of garnering media attention and support for his eventual HOF induction.

Will Dolan give Masai draft picks, tho'? Masai used the last pick he got from the Knicks to win the championship.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#449 » by Raptors_128 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:39 pm

I expect a desperation trade by the Wizards or for them to start shopping Beal. That team is just awful defensively.

I wonder what Beal would cost for the Raptors
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,422

Post#450 » by bballsparkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Lowry leading the Knicks to the playoffs certainly would help his reputation. Less expectations there too. Making the playoffs and competing would be deemed success. Whereas a trade to a contender it would be championship or bust.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#451 » by Bruin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:I expect a desperation trade by the Wizards or for them to start shopping Beal. That team is just awful defensively.

I wonder what Beal would cost for the Raptors

trading for Beal would be a desperation trade on our part too. We’d have to give up a lot to just become a 2nd tier playoff team. We still wouldn’t be contending with the likes of the Nets

And Beal is a horrible defender too
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#452 » by Red_Claw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 pm

dagger wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

- large TPE
- 2021 FRP

Dude. No team has played more than 10 games. Theres no team in the NBA thats in playoff position yet.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#453 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
dagger wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

- large TPE
- 2021 FRP

Gawd, the Knicks looked so leaderless when we stomped them a few weeks ago (they had injuries ... but still). Lowry would make all the difference. AND, it would accomplish his undoubted goal of garnering media attention and support for his eventual HOF induction.

Will Dolan give Masai draft picks, tho'? Masai used the last pick he got from the Knicks to win the championship.

Yeah I just can't see it. Aside from whatever loyalty Masai may have for Lowry because of what he's done for the franchise, I can't see the benefit of a Lowry to Knicks deal. The Knicks also know that they have a bunch of expiring contracts and that Lowry's deal is expiring too. Unless they're still being horribly mismanaged, I can't see why they as a rebuilding team would be trading first round picks for a guy who's expiring at the end of the season just to have an outside chance at the 8th seed.

They'd be much better off keeping all their picks and gunning for a high selection in the upcoming draft. Also, Masai robbed them twice in the past. Not sure they'd be eager to do business with him again.

I really think the best destination for everyone included would be a multi-team deal that lands Lowry in Philly, Green and Curry to other teams and some value back to Toronto. Can be a 3, 4 or 5 team deal (which I doubt) but that's the only thing I can see making sense.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,355

Post#454 » by Saul Goodman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:05 am

Philly Dallas and Denver seem like the most logical destinations for Kyle.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#455 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Philly Dallas and Denver seem like the most logical destinations for Kyle.

Denver has no need for a 35yo PG with a 23yo superstar-in-the-making named Jamal Murray manning the PG position.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#456 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Philly Dallas and Denver seem like the most logical destinations for Kyle.

Denver has no need for a 35yo PG with a 23yo superstar-in-the-making named Jamal Murray manning the PG position.

They do have a need to talent though

Imagine losing grant for nothing

Enjoy ur first round exit this year, last year was a good peak
Raptors til death
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,715

Post#457 » by MessiahUjiri » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:05 am

I actually think Miami, Orlando and Golden State are dark horse destinations for Kyle.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#458 » by youngthegiant » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:31 am

Is OG available for trade?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#459 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

They do have a need to talent though

Imagine losing grant for nothing

Enjoy ur first round exit this year, last year was a good peak

Enjoy that lottery pick, at least my prediction appears more likely :wink:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#460 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:34 am

youngthegiant wrote:Is OG available for trade?

I don't imagine so, no.

Return to Toronto Raptors