ImageImage

PG Cleveland: Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Re: PG Cleveland: Win 

Post#41 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:It was a win without Giannis. Zero complaints from me under those circumstances.

And we were on a back to back. Jrue looked drunk, but I'm sure that was exhaustion. He worked his but off the night before.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#42 » by mcfromage » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Siefer wrote:Lopez has never been a great one-on-one post defender, and it's not what we need out of him. I'm not surprised or worried Drummond scored on him - note that it really didn't matter.

Thanasis isn't an NBA player, and it's pretty hard to watch him out there. He's not even a serviceably defender - he's always lost out in space, runs into his own dudes on every screen, fouls a ton, and some of his pump fake bites make Pat wince.

Forbes should be able to give us 10-12 minutes of good spot up shooting when paired with Giannis, but he looks like a rogue agent out there half the time. He's putting the ball on the floor a bunch, and most egregiously, dribbling out of 3s into long 2s. When he's doing anything besides shooting threes on kicks and swings, he's a **** albatross, and I say this as someone who's bullish on his ability to be useful.

Wonderfully put, agree with all of it. Particularly re: Forbes.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#43 » by tedbrogen » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Seems Forbes should really only see the floor when Giannis is also on the floor. Otherwise, without Giannis' insane gravity, you are just putting a guy out there who will absolutely be a net negative. Might as well throw either of the rookies out there and see if they can develop, especially in games when Giannis is not available.

Thought Portis looked really good offensively tonight. Him and DDV both showed some excellent interior passing.

The whole season should be about finding the best eight man rotation for the playoffs and working out any chemistry issues with the new additions. Jrue-DDV-Midds-Giannis-Brook with DJA and Portis off the bench for sure. Everyone else is trying out for the 8th spot. Pat is in the emergency, need an energy guy for a few minutes 9th spot. They really could use an additional SG or wing 3 and D type guy to be bought out so they don't have to play any of Forbes, Nwora, Merrill, DJW, or TA in the playoffs. If Bud keeps trying to go 11 deep in the playoffs with this team, he should be fired immediately. This teams is clearly built to go eight deep, maybe nine max in the playoffs (and that's assuming they can add a rotational guy off the buyout market).
higharc
Junior
And1: 225

Post#44 » by higharc » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:46 pm

tedbrogen wrote:Seems Forbes should really only see the floor when Giannis is also on the floor. Otherwise, without Giannis' insane gravity, you are just putting a guy out there who will absolutely be a net negative. Might as well throw either of the rookies out there and see if they can develop, especially in games when Giannis is not available.

Thought Portis looked really good offensively tonight. Him and DDV both showed some excellent interior passing.

The whole season should be about finding the best eight man rotation for the playoffs and working out any chemistry issues with the new additions. Jrue-DDV-Midds-Giannis-Brook with DJA and Portis off the bench for sure. Everyone else is trying out for the 8th spot. Pat is in the emergency, need an energy guy for a few minutes 9th spot. They really could use an additional SG or wing 3 and D type guy to be bought out so they don't have to play any of Forbes, Nwora, Merrill, DJW, or TA in the playoffs. If Bud keeps trying to go 11 deep in the playoffs with this team, he should be fired immediately. This teams is clearly built to go eight deep, maybe nine max in the playoffs (and that's assuming they can add a rotational guy off the buyout market).

I think you will not like it, but from what I have seen Bud thinks Pat is miles ahead of the others for that 8th spot...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks