ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nuggets PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,193

Re: Knicks - Nuggets PG 

Post#281 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:We're going to be headed for a top pick anyways if RJ and Payton continues to shoot bricks. Might as well keep our all star

Randle too good to make us that bad :o :o :o

I know you’re kidding but fr he can only do so much. Last night he carried us and we couldn’t even score 90 points. That’s sad lol

I'm only sort of kidding. He is will never be the best player on a good team and its unlikely he would ever be the 2nd best player on a good team. But I think he has played as good as we could have ever asked him for and thats credit to him.

However if you gave me 2 options:

Have the worst record in the NBA by trading Randle

Have the 9th worst record in the NBA and keep Randle who continues to play like this.

I still choose option #1 because I have to hope (at some point) we get lucky and whether thats Cade/Green/Suggs whoever...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,023

Post#282 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitch and Randle our best players of course. Knox surpassing RJ hurts though.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#283 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:I want to trade him to don't have to draft another Frank/Knox.

Even getting a top pick doesn’t guarantee a stud. Look at our very own RJ. Other examples include Josh Jackson, Mo Bamba, Bagley, Lonzo, etc. It’s still risky. I rather keep a young all star.

but man, that are some new words from you. :lol: usually you post highlights of college players in the PG threads 3 games into the season. might have a little to do with beeing a randle fan?

It’s true though. Am I lying?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#284 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitch and Randle our best players of course. Knox surpassing RJ hurts though.

that rj/bullock combo is killing us :lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#285 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Randle looks great right now. He looks like a different player to me. But a lot of questions to be answered.

Can he keep it up? Can you still build a good team around him from scratch with Randle at such a high usage? How good will Obi be and does he fit next to Randle?

Trading Randle is probably off the table for the Knicks so we will see how it goes.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#286 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I know you’re kidding but fr he can only do so much. Last night he carried us and we couldn’t even score 90 points. That’s sad lol

I'm only sort of kidding. He is will never be the best player on a good team and its unlikely he would ever be the 2nd best player on a good team. But I think he has played as good as we could have ever asked him for and thats credit to him.

Have the 9th worst record in the NBA and keep Randle who continues to play like this.

I still choose option #1 because I have to hope (at some point) we get lucky and whether thats Cade/Green/Suggs whoever...

There’s no guarantee Cade/Green/Suggs will even match Randle’s production. It’s still pretty risky. I rather hold on to a young all star. That’s just me though.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#287 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Even getting a top pick doesn’t guarantee a stud. Look at our very own RJ. Other examples include Josh Jackson, Mo Bamba, Bagley, Lonzo, etc. It’s still risky. I rather keep a young all star.

but man, that are some new words from you. :lol: usually you post highlights of college players in the PG threads 3 games into the season. might have a little to do with beeing a randle fan?

no you aren't. but of course I would rather have a top 4 pick.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#288 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:16 pm

I want frank to get healthy for once. I still think he could be our best guard. I am not kidding.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#289 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Randle looks great right now. He looks like a different player to me. But a lot of questions to be answered.

Can he keep it up? Can you still build a good team around him from scratch with Randle at such a high usage? How good will Obi be and does he fit next to Randle?

Trading Randle is probably off the table for the Knicks so we will see how it goes.

they don't fit, in any way. you don't want randle full time at center. you got 3/4 years before you gotta figure out what's up with obi.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#290 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:but man, that are some new words from you. :lol: usually you post highlights of college players in the PG threads 3 games into the season. might have a little to do with beeing a randle fan?

That’s you then. I’m not feeling trading away a young all star for a complete unknown. We’d have to get an established player in return if we trade Randle.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#291 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It’s true though. Am I lying?

That’s you then. I’m not feeling trading away a young all star for a complete unknown. We’d have to get an established player in return if we trade Randle.

would you trade him for Lavine?
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#292 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

So you're saying DSJ needs to start.

I actually agree with you sham.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#293 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: dennis has played only in garbage time. might be we need to let rivers start and play a lot more minutes though. and we need burks back soon.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#294 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Reign23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:no you aren't. but of course I would rather have a top 4 pick.

would you trade him for Lavine?

No. I would try to pair them together instead. Give them the Dallas picks + Frank, Knox and DSJ.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,624

Post#295 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:26 pm

No position except for Randle’s and Mitch’s should be safe right now. Every player on the roster should get a shot at taking the starting PG, SG and SF slots
BaF
Washington Wizards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#296 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Randle looks great right now. He looks like a different player to me. But a lot of questions to be answered.

they don't fit, in any way. you don't want randle full time at center. you got 3/4 years before you gotta figure out what's up with obi.

Yea, I would say they don't fit...at least full time. But you never know like how Randle looks a lot better. Personally, I was not a fan of Obi but it sounded like the Knicks liked him a lot. Still plenty of time to see how good Obi is. But maybe not that much time since we are making decisions on Randle and Mitch in the next 1-2 years. Guess we will see how it goes.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#297 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Problem is if Cade/Suggs pan out then they're good enough ti get yoy to the ninth seed and then you're stuck again.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#298 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

dennis has played only in garbage time. might be we need to let rivers start and play a lot more minutes though. and we need burks back soon.
Rivers is still a scoring guard not a set up man.

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#299 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:So you're saying DSJ needs to start.

dennis has played only in garbage time. might be we need to let rivers start and play a lot more minutes though. and we need burks back soon.
Rivers is still a scoring guard not a set up man.

it doesn't need to be payton who sits. it can be bullock and move rj to 3. we might see that tonight.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#300 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:59 pm

I was actually pretty high on him in the draft but he kept getting hurt. Nice move
Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks