ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nuggets PG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,962

Re: Knicks - Nuggets PG 

Post#301 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:05 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
DowNY wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Sigh rj.....

Read on Twitter

Buddy, Russ & Donovan Mitchell.
He’s in good company :D

Wait till we trade for Buddy and Russ :lol:

Real talk, I’m as patient as anyone for the kids to grow but we are so desperate for competent guard play to help our kids that I almost want them to go all in next summer

Sign Lowry and Oladipo
Trade for Lavine

Lowry IQ
Oladipo Lavine
RJB Knox
Randle
Mitch Obi

That group could probably make an ECF push but is far from a long term contender due to Lowry’s age

I think me and you are both pro Oladipo and Lavine ?

i'm shocked cole's three has been so bad. that was supposed to be the surest of his skills to translate, no?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,037

Post#302 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm

i need RJ to hit shots badly.
formerly known as knickst4pe
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#303 » by 2010 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:46 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:Bullock has not been the same player since his back injury. He shot .333 last season from 3. He is shooting .333 this season. He isn't going to be a 38% 3 point shooter again. He isn't a great defender any longer either.

It was a neck injury.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#304 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Recap is up. After 10 games, I've got Randle and Mitch well ahead of the pack. RJ's riding a couple of high scores to an average starter grade that's sinking. Payton's ups and downs average out to a solid bench point guard. Bullock has dipped below rotation value on average. Noel and Knox are both clinging to barely suitable rotation player averages.

Rest of the pack hasn't registered enough game scores for me to count them against that group. The injury bug is really bad. This team needs shooting but I'm not sure where it's gonna come from with almost every shooter on the injured list.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,391

Post#305 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:03 pm

This is elite company
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#306 » by Sark » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Reign23 wrote:just trade randle and get 5 wins rest of the season. please.

i'm usually all in on team tank but randle is convincing me to be off that. right now, where is he at his position, pf, in the league ?

ad is 1 (if you consider him a real pf). giannis is 2. and at 3 it's either him or sabonis. take your pick. why am i getting rid of him ? he's not old.

The gap between 1-2 and the next spot is the size of a super massive black hole.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#307 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Sark wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Reign23 wrote:just trade randle and get 5 wins rest of the season. please.

i'm usually all in on team tank but randle is convincing me to be off that. right now, where is he at his position, pf, in the league ?

ad is 1 (if you consider him a real pf). giannis is 2. and at 3 it's either him or sabonis. take your pick. why am i getting rid of him ? he's not old.

The gap between 1-2 and the next spot is the size of a super massive black hole.

top 5 players in the league are hard to get. the knicks are not gonna just tank until they draft one. that could take decades.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,287

Post#308 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This is elite company
Read on Twitter

He has the lowest PER of that group, and touches the ball more than LeBron and Bam. Luka has literally nobody else on his team right now and just barely gets the ball more than Randle. Once Sham eventually figures out that Randle is why Mitch can't run PnR every play I'll come for you with a trade Randle thread when you least expect it.

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#309 » by Sark » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Sark wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

top 5 players in the league are hard to get. the knicks are not gonna just tank until they draft one. that could take decades.

It's already been 2 decades. What's a wrong with a few more?
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#310 » by BugginOut » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

My problem is if we were really going to compete for the playoffs this year with Randle, why not try and sign players like FVV? We knew Thibs wasn't going to tank, but our guard play is crap and it is probably going to keep us from being good enough to actually make the play-in and screw us even more in the draft odds
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,908

Post#311 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Yeah this endless tank mentality is flawed.. especially with the recent changes to the lotto odds. You’re better off competing the best you can and if you miss the post season just hope for the best in the lotto. That’s all you really can do. It’s wildly unpredictable
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,391

Post#312 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:25 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This is elite company
Read on Twitter

He has the lowest PER of that group, and touches the ball more than LeBron and Bam. Luka has literally nobody else on his team right now and just barely gets the ball more than Randle. Once Sham eventually figures out that Randle is why Mitch can't run PnR every play I'll come for you with a trade Randle thread when you least expect it.

I liked ur post cause of the pic lol

But let’s be honest. Trey Burke, Brunson and Hardaway are much better than Payton and Bullocks. To say Luka has completely nobody like Randle is fake news!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#313 » by JBreezeNY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Sark wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Idk Shamm...Randle is too much of a flawed player to keep around, no?

He may be top 5 at his position but is that going to translate to wins/title contending? I say hell no.

We’re stuck to be honest.

RJ looking like sh*t, Obi looking like an old sh*t and Knox is inconsistent as all hell. We kinda do need talent in the draft. At least these next two drafts. After that try to win as many games as you can.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#314 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:28 pm

DaGawd wrote:Yeah this endless tank mentality is flawed.. especially with the recent changes to the lotto odds. You’re better off competing the best you can and if you miss the post season just hope for the best in the lotto. That’s all you really can do. It’s wildly unpredictable

Jokic at 41st pick and he's a franchise player. Just need to build the best organization you can and keep working
ImageImageImage
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#315 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:29 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Sark wrote:

He may be top 5 at his position but is that going to translate to wins/title contending? I say hell no.

RJ looking like sh*t, Obi looking like an old sh*t and Knox is inconsistent as all hell. We kinda do need talent in the draft. At least these next two drafts. After that try to win as many games as you can.

We’ve got like 5 lottery picks on the team right now and still talking snot needing talent from the draft.. does anyone really think tanking is finna help us?
BaF
Washington Wizards
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#316 » by JBreezeNY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:35 pm

DaGawd wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

We’ve got like 5 lottery picks on the team right now and still talking snot needing talent from the draft.. does anyone really think tanking is find help us?

Well it’s less about the quantity and more the quality. We have those picks but the talent we’re seeing from them hardly constitutes as worthy of where they were selected.

We should continue to put ourselves in a position to get high draft lottery picks as long as the team competes. I can’t co-sign tanking only because the new rules will give you a number one pick even at 30+ wins.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#317 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 pm

DaGawd wrote:Yeah this endless tank mentality is flawed.. especially with the recent changes to the lotto odds. You’re better off competing the best you can and if you miss the post season just hope for the best in the lotto. That’s all you really can do. It’s wildly unpredictable

Whereever we pick we just gotta draft better. Too many mediocre picks year after year.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#318 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:38 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

We’ve got like 5 lottery picks on the team right now and still talking snot needing talent from the draft.. does anyone really think tanking is find help us?

Well it’s less about the quantity and more the quality. We have those picks but the talent we’re seeing from them hardly constitutes as worthy of where they were selected.

We should continue to put ourselves in a position to get high draft lottery picks as long as the team competes. I can’t co-sign tanking only because the new rules will give you a number one pick even at 30+ wins.

I agree with quality. But like I said it’s so hard now to strategically plan for getting a top 3 pick now. Being the worst team record wise can still easily slide you down to 5 and out of the grasp of that true franchise talent
BaF
Washington Wizards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#319 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:45 pm

I dont really think tanking is a good strategy in general at this point, but this looks like a special draft. If we could guarantee ourselves a top 5 pick and best chance at #1 i would take that over winning 33 games. Of course it doesnt work that way and it is never that simple. Being the worst team in the league means the other guys on the team are really bad. At this point whatever happens, happens and can't stress over it too much. Hopefully we get some luck for a change.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,588

Post#320 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter

I think this pretty much sums up what we can see. We have an atrocious starting backcourt. Elf/RJ/Bullock have been our worse players.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks