ImageImageImageImageImage

Starting Lineup

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

rayraypico
Sophomore
And1: 116

Starting Lineup 

Post#1 » by rayraypico » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 am

We need to adjust...we have run out the same starters each game...we have to many guys that can't shoot.

Our starting 5 consist of
PG and C - no shot at all
SG and PF - very inconsistent
SF - mediocre

I dont know what the answer is...but Alec Burks needs to come back and stretch the floor. Payton has played fairly well but with all of these positions that can't shoot he kills our floor spacing. We can't even run a pick and roll because guys don't need to fight to get over....they sag back because we have no shooters
Visit my instagram for some stupid **** daily @R.U.Serious.Bro

Please see my Missing Persons Report - Looming for Leon Rose who is missing in action

Warning some insta posts are NSFW
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,164

Re: Starting Lineup 

Post#2 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31 am

I agree. Make Rivers our pg

PG: Rivers
SG: Burks
SF: RJ
PF: Randle
C: Mitch

Bench
Payton
Quickley
Knox
Obi
Noel
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#3 » by whocares1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:19 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:I agree. Make Rivers our pg

Bench
Payton
Quickley
Knox
Obi
Noel

I’d honestly just trust Quickley over Rivers because Rivers is a 2 guard that can pass sometimes but his instincts are to score. Even on set rhythm shots he hesitates because he’s used to dribbling the air out of the ball. At least with Quickley the team will move the ball a lot more.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,164

Post#4 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:08 am

whocares1 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:I agree. Make Rivers our pg

Bench
Payton
Quickley
Knox
Obi
Noel

I’d honestly just trust Quickley over Rivers because Rivers is a 2 guard that can pass sometimes but his instincts are to score. Even on set rhythm shots he hesitates because he’s used to dribbling the air out of the ball. At least with Quickley the team will move the ball a lot more.

Good point. I just didn't wanna throw rook into the lions den but **** it anything better than Elf
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#5 » by Snacks » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:22 am

Rivers/Harden/Q
Harden/Burks/Q
Bullock/Burks/knox
Randle/TAJ/knox
Mitch/Dedmon/TAJ/Noel
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,907

Post#6 » by sol537 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:42 am

Mitch, Randle, RJ, Burks, Frank

Bench: Rivers, Quickley, Knox, Toppin

The rest can kick rocks.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#7 » by Handledatruth » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch, Randle, RJ, Burks, Frank

Bench: Rivers, Quickley, Knox, Toppin

The rest can kick rocks.

This is such a pipe dream, but maybe one day. Frank is not a great PG, but he's the only guard on our team that does not die on screens. It's frustrating to watch the entire defense fall apart just because Elf got put in a pick and roll. Opposing guards will continue to throw themselves head first into the paint until we figure this out.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#8 » by rajajackal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

robinson/gibson
randle/toppin
barrett/knox
burks/ntilikina
rivers/quickley

this is what i want to see based on the games i've seen this year (all of them to date)
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Post#9 » by Ray Williams » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Mitch
Randle
Knox
Quickly
Rivers

Noel
Obi
RJ
Burks
Frank

Move RJ to sf and the second unit. He still acts like he’s a number 1 option when he can’t throw a ball in the ocean. Put him closer to the basket where his chances of airballing are lower and see if he can build his confidence back up off the bench.
And fk Payton, free Frank.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#10 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:20 pm

We cant make a competitive rotation if more than 60% of the overall team minutes are spent on weak shooters like RJ (35), Randle (35), Payton (30), Mitch (30) and Noel (18). You can toy with multiple combinations, but you will average 3-week shooters in any lineup tried (60% of the players on the field will be weak shooters).

Our team could be even worse if Obi and Frank return to the rotation and dont show improvements as deep shooters.

We have to reduce the role of our bad shooters.

But sadly we dont have another point guard who can attack the basket and be a basic playmaking. We are stuck with Payton as PG.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#11 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Rivers
Burks
Knox
Randle
Mitch

RJ needs to be benched with Payton and Bullocks. These 3 stooges have been killing us
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#12 » by DaGawd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Rivers
Burks
Knox
Randle
Mitch

RJ needs to be benched with Payton and Bullocks. These 3 stooges have been killing us

Actual shooting from the 1 2 and 3... I’d love to see it... doubt we ever do tho
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,049

Post#13 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am

Richard4444 wrote:We cant make a competitive rotation if more than 60% of the overall team minutes are spent on weak shooters like RJ (35), Randle (35), Payton (30), Mitch (30) and Noel (18). You can toy with multiple combinations, but you will average 3-week shooters in any lineup tried (60% of the players on the field will be weak shooters).

Our team could be even worse if Obi and Frank return to the rotation and dont show improvements as deep shooters.

We have to reduce the role of our bad shooters.

But sadly we dont have another point guard who can attack the basket and be a basic playmaking. We are stuck with Payton as PG.

Yep. Another roster full of non shooting journeymen and no PG. The Scott Perry special. Add in the Thibs special of only playing 5 guys a night... :lol:

This team sucks. Period. It was fun thinking Thibs was some great HC who was getting the most out of his team but...in reality they were just having career games while other teams were shooting poorly. Back to reality. Roll tank!
:beer: RIP mags
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#14 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Ray Williams wrote:Mitch
Randle
Knox
Quickly
Rivers

Noel
Obi
RJ
Burks
Frank

Move RJ to sf and the second unit. He still acts like he’s a number 1 option when he can’t throw a ball in the ocean. Put him closer to the basket where his chances of airballing are lower and see if he can build his confidence back up off the bench.
And fk Payton, free Frank.

This is a decent idea. You could try to never have more than two of Mitch, Randle, RJ, Noel and Obi* on the floor at the same time. (Taj can go here too) (* Unless Obi's shooting is better than advertised - to be proved before moving him to the shooters group.) Then fill the other three spots with as many as you can get fit enough to suit up from Rivers, IQ, Bullock, Knox, Frank and Burks.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#15 » by Fat Kat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm

We’re starting 3 drive and kick players along with a rim running center. Doesn’t take a genius to tell you that this would not work
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks