ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nuggets PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Re: Knicks - Nuggets PG 

Post#321 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This is elite company
Read on Twitter

He has the lowest PER of that group, and touches the ball more than LeBron and Bam. Luka has literally nobody else on his team right now and just barely gets the ball more than Randle. Once Sham eventually figures out that Randle is why Mitch can't run PnR every play I'll come for you with a trade Randle thread when you least expect it.

I liked ur post cause of the pic lol

But let’s be honest. Trey Burke, Brunson and Hardaway are much better than Payton and Bullocks. To say Luka has completely nobody like Randle is fake news!
And yet we couldn't wait to get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,414

Post#322 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:56 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I dont really think tanking is a good strategy in general at this point, but this looks like a special draft. If we could guarantee ourselves a top 5 pick and best chance at #1 i would take that over winning 33 games. Of course it doesnt work that way and it is never that simple. Being the worst team in the league means the other guys on the team are really bad. At this point whatever happens, happens and can't stress over it too much. Hopefully we get some luck for a change.

i agree with what you're saying. the question people are debating is should we try to sell randle to have an even greater chance at tanking. and right now i'd say no. if you want a greater chance, trade off rivers/payton/burks whoever else. but if randle is gonna play like this you keep him.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,658

Post#323 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:I dont really think tanking is a good strategy in general at this point, but this looks like a special draft. If we could guarantee ourselves a top 5 pick and best chance at #1 i would take that over winning 33 games. Of course it doesnt work that way and it is never that simple. Being the worst team in the league means the other guys on the team are really bad. At this point whatever happens, happens and can't stress over it too much. Hopefully we get some luck for a change.

i agree with what you're saying. the question people are debating is should we try to sell randle to have an even greater chance at tanking. and right now i'd say no. if you want a greater chance, trade off rivers/payton/burks whoever else. but if randle is gonna play like this you keep him.

Facts. It’s hard enough getting good players.. we have one whose fairly young. I’d like to hold on to him
BaF
Washington Wizards
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#324 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:09 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Sark wrote:

The gap between 1-2 and the next spot is the size of a super massive black hole.

top 5 players in the league are hard to get. the knicks are not gonna just tank until they draft one. that could take decades.

Idk Shamm...Randle is too much of a flawed player to keep around, no?

He may be top 5 at his position but is that going to translate to wins/title contending? I say hell no.

We’re stuck to be honest.

RJ looking like sh*t, Obi looking like an old sh*t and Knox is inconsistent as all hell. We kinda do need talent in the draft. At least these next two drafts. After that try to win as many games as you can.

i don't think he's as flawed as he once was. he's defending well. he's shooting the 3 well. he has no real help in the starting lineup and he's doing this. he needs the ball but so what. if he had shooting around him he'd be looking better and it would easier for him.

can you win a championship with him as your best player ? no. but most teams should fold up and tank if that's the criteria.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#325 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:18 pm

god shammgod wrote:

your going to get nothing but second round picks if that for those guys. Sometimes it sucks but to get legit return you do have to sell high on guys.

Your telling me if someone comes at you with a 1st round pick and an expiring contract for Randle you don't consider it?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#326 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

your going to get nothing but second round picks if that for those guys.

Your telling me if someone comes at you with a 1st round pick and an expiring contract for Randle you don't consider it?

no. where does the pick even land ? is it protected ? i mean, we have two picks in this draft already. i think because of last year, it's hard to come to terms with how well he's actually playing. and part of us wants to deny it or think it won't last. if he can maintain this level, i want to keep him.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#327 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

no. where does the pick even land ? is it protected ? i mean, we have two picks in this draft already. i think because of last year, it's hard to come to terms with how well he's actually playing. and part of us wants to deny it or think it won't last. if he can maintain this level, i want to keep him.

I think your falling for the trick a bit. Sometimes as sucky as it is you have to sell high on people. Especially during a rebuild. Factor in that and the Obi issue. The Randle/Obi paring is not a long term option.

ROSTER

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#328 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think your falling for the trick a bit. Sometimes as sucky as it is you have to sell high on people. Especially during a rebuild. Factor in that and the Obi issue. The Randle/Obi paring is not a long term option.

obi might be another rj or knox. if that's the case who cares. let him prove randle should be traded to make room first.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,094

Post#329 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah I agree we should’ve sold high on Frank after those Dallas games.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#330 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Yeah I agree we should’ve sold high on Frank after those Dallas games.

I'm going to call you "stale bread" from now on :lol:

ROSTER

NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#331 » by NY 567 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm

The floor is going to start collapsing under us. The guys are playing hard right now, but I could easily see them giving up once they realize it was a mirage and that they're not that talented. I just hope we trade Randle before he regresses to the mean or gets burnt out via the insane workload and minutes Thibs is playing him
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#332 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

obi might be another rj or knox. if that's the case who cares. let him prove randle should be traded to make room first.

by that time you might not have the same value for randle. It's 10 games. I know we anointed Quickley as the greatest thing since slice bread after one preseason game. And now people are like giving up on him after two bad games now.

GM's need to have less of a wild view on value. I know its a bit more challenging of fans (we live and die too much on single game performances).

ROSTER

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#333 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:46 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He has the lowest PER of that group, and touches the ball more than LeBron and Bam. Luka has literally nobody else on his team right now and just barely gets the ball more than Randle. Once Sham eventually figures out that Randle is why Mitch can't run PnR every play I'll come for you with a trade Randle thread when you least expect it.

I liked ur post cause of the pic lol

But let’s be honest. Trey Burke, Brunson and Hardaway are much better than Payton and Bullocks. To say Luka has completely nobody like Randle is fake news!
And yet we couldn't wait to get rid of them.

Based on the contract THJr had? Yup. I was glad to get rid of him and would do it 10/10 times, considering where the Knicks were in terms of the rebuild etc.
Have they f*cked up steps since then to make it slower, so it seems less consequential? Sure.
Still a good move to send him packing.

Oh, and I don't think he's really any significant amount better than Rivers, and he's not 5X better, which is roughly the salary differential.

Burkes was correctly priced and could have been a keeper, but oh well.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#334 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That's how it used to be. People had to prove they could replace you. It wasn't handed to them.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#335 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:42 pm

Why don't we treat Randle like our top lotto pick and build around him? We've got the centre to defend the rim and help him rebound. We need two shooters/defenders to give hin the middle and a ballhandler to play pick and roll with him.

If Randle were Zion we'd be rcstatic and yet Randle is better at Zion's style of play.

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#336 » by Gravy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:52 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Why don't we treat Randle like our top lotto pick and build around him? We've got the centre to defend the rim and help him rebound. We need two shooters/defenders to give hin the middle and a ballhandler to play pick and roll with him.

If Randle were Zion we'd be rcstatic and yet Randle is better at Zion's style of play.

He's not our lotto pick so fans dont want to build around him. If it was KP or Obi or RJ playing like Randle is playing now and also 26 yo we would be throwing a party and begging the org to get him help.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#337 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:03 pm

Gravy wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Why don't we treat Randle like our top lotto pick and build around him? We've got the centre to defend the rim and help him rebound. We need two shooters/defenders to give hin the middle and a ballhandler to play pick and roll with him.

He's not our lotto pick so fans dont want to build around him. If it was KP or Obi or RJ playing like Randle is playing now and also 26 yo we would be throwing a party and begging the org to get him help.
Yet we want free agents to sign here.

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#338 » by nedleeds » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:26 pm

[list=][/list]
snadler wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
snadler wrote:Said this all off season, by not upgrading the point guard you are just hindering the development of RJ..

By being a bum RJ is hindering his development

Disagree, it’s not fair to judge RJ playing with this back court..has he struggled sure, but when you don’t have a guard to create easy shots it makes everything difficult

Only 5 of RJs 3s are off the dribble this year. They're almost all catch and shoot. The shots aren't difficult by NBA standards, he's an awful shooter. Payton is worse if that's possible.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#339 » by NY 567 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 pm

I don't think building around Randle would be the worst thing in the right circumstance, but there are two issues. Number 1 is that this team sucks and we don't have the assets to get better. Number 2 is that Randle might not be this good, he could be riding a hot streak. Jeremy Lin looked like a superstar for a months or so as well.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,658

Post#340 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 pm

NY 567 wrote:I don't think building around Randle would be the worst thing in the right circumstance, but there are two issues. Number 1 is that this team sucks and we don't have the assets to get better. Number 2 is that Randle might not be this good, he could be riding a hot streak. Jeremy Lin looked like a superstar for a months or so as well.

Idk.. 10 games is a pretty long hot streak.. at what point do you start believing ?
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks