ImageImage

PG Magic: 4th Quarter Blowout

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Re: PG Magic: 4th Quarter Blowout 

Post#41 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 am

skones wrote:This team goes as far as Bryn Forbes takes us.

Forbes when we win: .510 FG% --- .484 3P% --- .714 FT% --- 10 PPG
Forbes when we lose: .300 FG% --- .182 3P% --- .333 FT% ---- 3.8 PPG

Augustin when we win: .459 FG% --- .480 3P% --- 3.7 AST --- 7.9 PPG
Augustine when we lose: .067 FG%--- .100 3P% ---1.0 AST --- 1.7 PPG

We need this guys and I just dont trust them :(
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#42 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 am

Shaffty wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need to extend him asap
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#43 » by Cythaps » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:17 am

Thanasis shouldn't be playing ahead of Craig at the 4. I would prefer to see Nwora over both of them but I'm not sure he can play the position in defense. But DJ Wilson? No thanks. He's a PF of the 1990s, he can only play the 5 in non-garbage time. Let's not forget that it's 90% certain that he'll be the fall guy for us to stay under the tax this season so it's not worth investing any gametime in him.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#44 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:01 am

Bud has been making some strides, now if we can just cut out the Thanasis nonsense a bit.

Khris exorcized some of his black Magic demons tonight. Dudes like Ennis and Ross have bullied him and thrown him off in the past, but he was surgical down the stretch. Cliff knows how to get into our heads, and Vuc is a Buck slayer, but we prevailed.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#45 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:54 am

Sigra wrote:

Maybe this holds for a lot of the season, but those stats would be altered by the blowout wins we had. They would have played more against crap teams basically.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Let's look at those stats mid year.

All that said I don't like DJA. Forbes I can be convinced of.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Sigra
RealGM

Post#46 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:15 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Sigra wrote:

Maybe this holds for a lot of the season, but those stats would be altered by the blowout wins we had.

I know but they were big part of those blowout wins. When they hit their 3s we are very very good.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#47 » by Fotis St » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:32 am

otmshank1 wrote:I haven’t been able to watch very many games this year thanks to sh*tclair but is anyone worried about holiday? His box scores look less than impressive, but like I said I haven’t been able to actually watch.

We have seen this before with Bledsoe too.
It is the Bud effect. Bud's Offensive scheme is beyond terrible for the NBA (playoff) level.

Bledsoe had a beautiful smile when he became a Buck, same with Jrue. I think there wasn't a happier NBA player than Jrue for his 1st 4 Bucks games or smth. It's Bud scheme that makes him look inactive. His usage is even lower than Bledsoe and Bud has actually draw a new box for him... you would never guess what blue box would be ... it's the Dunker Blue Box.
So he is either at the corner 3 Blue Box or at the Dunker box, meh.

We need somehow to get Bud Fired and his assistants. I'd keep him as an assistant BUT we need a whole new system both ends and someone who is not a playoff choker, without plan B.

Jrue sees that, he is probably the smartest player we have, he has the best handles and court vision in our team. So he forces his shots within a system that is kinda designed to eliminate his strengths.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Sigra
RealGM

Post#48 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am

Interesting about usage actually.

Last year --- this year
Giannis 37.5 ---34.7
Middleton 26.4 --- 24.9
Bledsoe 23.7 --- Jrue 18.9
Lopez 18.3 --- 14.2
DDV 17.3 --- 17.5

LOL
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#49 » by DrWood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Sigra wrote:

Maybe this holds for a lot of the season, but those stats would be altered by the blowout wins we had. They would have played more against crap teams basically.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Let's look at those stats mid year.

All that said I don't like DJA. Forbes I can be convinced of.

Forbes kills us when he's not making 3s. It's literally the only thing he does at a solid NBA level. I'm hoping we can use him in a trade at the deadline.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,782

Post#50 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 pm

DrWood wrote:Forbes kills us when he's not making 3s.

He really doesn't though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#51 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

He really does, the stats are pretty clear.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#52 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:45 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Literally half the games where he shot under 40% from three he was even or positive +/-. The stats literally couldn't be any more not clear.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#53 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Fotis St wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:I haven’t been able to watch very many games this year thanks to sh*tclair but is anyone worried about holiday? His box scores look less than impressive, but like I said I haven’t been able to actually watch.

We have seen this before with Bledsoe too.
It is the Bud effect. Bud's Offensive scheme is beyond terrible for the NBA (playoff) level.

Bledsoe had a beautiful smile when he became a Buck, same with Jrue. I think there wasn't a happier NBA player than Jrue for his 1st 4 Bucks games or smth. It's Bud scheme that makes him look inactive. His usage is even lower than Bledsoe and Bud has actually draw a new box for him... you would never guess what blue box would be ... it's the Dunker Blue Box.
So he is either at the corner 3 Blue Box or at the Dunker box, meh.

We need somehow to get Bud Fired and his assistants. I'd keep him as an assistant BUT we need a whole new system both ends and someone who is not a playoff choker, without plan B.

Jrue sees that, he is probably the smartest player we have, he has the best handles and court vision in our team. So he forces his shots within a system that is kinda designed to eliminate his strengths.

You didn't even know this was a different scheme until the article came out, you were trying to tell us Bud didn't change a thing.

Hilarious that Jrue is supposedly forcing shots now, if you haven't noticed, he efficiency is through the roof, and that was a weakness of his before the Bucks.

Also, Jrue plays all 5 spots of the offense, just like everyone else. The team also runs more sets this year, which include a real increase in ball screens.

All these changes should make us more effective in the playoffs. Last year, we were not a top offense, this year, we're are the #1 offense.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#54 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:09 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He really doesn't though.

Literally half the games where he shot under 40% from three he was even or positive +/-. The stats literally couldn't be any more not clear.

Sure, if you ignore context and the fact that we have the best net rating in the league.

Forbes has the 2nd worst net rating on the team because he's the 2nd worst player.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#55 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Sure, if you ignore context and the fact that we have the best net rating in the league.

Forbes has the 2nd worst net rating on the team because he's the 2nd worst player.

Context of what? Him being a late addition for pennies that is currently playing a 10-20 minute a game role? I mean I like Frank Mason as much as the next guy but the idea that a Bryn Forbes replacement is doing much better then what we've gotten from him so far is pretty wishful thinking.

But yeah our bench as a whole is pretty atrocious. Do we accept that Bobby Portis has the same net rating so obviously he is a lost cause as well who we need to never play and move him so we can pick up the world beater Isaac Bonga? Do we ignore that Forbes playing on the court together with say Giannis Antetokounmpo has a higher net rating than a Giannis/Khris Middleton pairing?

Forbes has been fine but I do get that his VORP isn't high enough to enjoy him even on nights where he clearly helps us win basketball games. I'm sure he'll continue to get regular rotation minutes, be pretty invisible some nights, hurt us a couple, help us out others and overall not move the needle a whole lot to either direction in the end. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from Bryn Forbes and unless you clearly had something against him before we acquired him, which you clearly did, you just really won't care about him one way or the other until an obvious upgrade comes along.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#56 » by HKPackFan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:30 pm

Forbes had a dunk, was not expecting that.

Portis asked Thanos to dribble the ball up court with 3 seconds left and it fell out of blinds hilariously sad.... Also wasn't expecting to see that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#57 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Bucks 1st in O, 1st in SRS, 1st in point differential, 7th in D. 1st in 3 pointers made and second in 3 point percentage.

Schedule has been pretty weak (28th) but hard to be too upset with how they have fared so far. The Nets/Mavs/Lakers stretch coming up will tell us more.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#58 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Also, holy hell has Middleton been a stud this season. 25.3/7.6/6.3 per 36 at .554/.492/.938 splits.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#59 » by Siefer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:33 pm

There's a kernel of truth here. I think he's capable of being a plus, but his capability set is pretty narrow. Set great screens, move off the ball, shoot open 3s, try on D. Every time he puts the ball on the floor, though, I scream inside.

There is an elite team in here somewhere. I'm okay taking some time to find it, and contrary to the memes, Bud is making adjustments. He's deviated from base (on both sides of the floor) more in the first 11 games than in the previous 2 seasons. He still needs to make good choices - throwing schemes and rotations at the wall isn't going to cut it come playoff time, but I'm still optimistic we're going to figure it out.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#60 » by crkone » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Siefer wrote:

There's a kernel of truth here. I think he's capable of being a plus, but his capability set is pretty narrow. Set great screens, move off the ball, shoot open 3s, try on D. Every time he puts the ball on the floor, though, I scream inside.

There is an elite team in here somewhere. I'm okay taking some time to find it, and contrary to the memes, Bud is making adjustments. He's deviated from base (on both sides of the floor) more in the first 11 games than in the previous 2 seasons. He still needs to make good choices - throwing schemes and rotations at the wall isn't going to cut it come playoff time, but I'm still optimistic we're going to figure it out.

I think having a player like Jrue is going to help this too. You need a player on the floor who can direct the defense while they are playing. It's much easier to do if you are the one on the perimeter and only have to tell one other guy that you are switching in the moment as opposed to a big sitting back or the coach telling you to switch 0.5 sec too late.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks