ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Re: Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#261 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chicahhhhgo hasn’t won squat with him.

We need Frank back.

You rather have Frank? :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#262 » by Dave DaButcher » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Nothing specific, but The Ringer’s Kevin O’Conner says a couple of the executives he surveyed see the Knicks as a sleeper team that could get involved in a “blockbuster” trade.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#263 » by cgf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Nothing specific, but The Ringer’s Kevin O’Conner says a couple of the executives he surveyed see the Knicks as a sleeper team that could get involved in a “blockbuster” trade.

*sigh* it was just a matter of time...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#264 » by cgf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Hopefully it's like the Hayward thing & strikeout because we're only interested if we can get a good deal...

I really hope we can keep things simple for a little bit. Sell off older vets (Burks/Bullock?) for picks if we're out of it by the deadline? Great. Sign a young FA like Lonzo Ball or Gary Trent Jr.? Awesome. But we need to see how this season (and the lottery) plays out before we'll know what kind of move we need. So let's keep our powder dry until we know what we're shooting for.

As things stand, the biggest thing I'd expect to want to see next summer -- other than an obvious ripoff -- would be trying to use those Mavs picks to snag a young PG to platoon with Quickley...but even that wouldn't make sense if the lotto gods hooked us up or Quickley looked like a budding-star by season's end.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#265 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
WargamesX wrote:ATL just lost Bogdan to a long term injury.

If Burks comes back playing well I would try to flip him for either Reddish or Hunter and would even be willing to take on Snells expiring to make it happen. Reddish being the more likely one I could see them being open to trading.

Oh, you would? :lol:

:lol:

To be fair.... the **** I make up on this forum is usually better than the real **** the FO forces on us every offseason :nonono: :noway:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
cgf
RealGM

Post#266 » by cgf » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:46 am

I wonder if THT could be an interesting RFA target come the summer.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#267 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 am

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Bye RJ :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#268 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:20 am

cgf wrote:Hopefully it's like the Hayward thing & strikeout because we're only interested if we can get a good deal...

I really hope we can keep things simple for a little bit. Sell off older vets (Burks/Bullock?) for picks if we're out of it by the deadline? Great. Sign a young FA like Lonzo Ball or Gary Trent Jr.? Awesome. But we need to see how this season (and the lottery) plays out before we'll know what kind of move we need. So let's keep our powder dry until we know what we're shooting for.

As things stand, the biggest thing I'd expect to want to see next summer -- other than an obvious ripoff -- would be trying to use those Mavs picks to snag a young PG to platoon with Quickley...but even that wouldn't make sense if the lotto gods hooked us up or Quickley looked like a budding-star by season's end.

Hayward would've been perfect for us. :noway:
Free Palestine
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#269 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgf wrote:Hopefully it's like the Hayward thing & strikeout because we're only interested if we can get a good deal...

How could they know Hayward still has this much left in the tank?
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#270 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yeah, but Charlotte went in with that offer. Knicks were making a fair market offer, and Jordan took that personally and doubled it.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#271 » by br7knicks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm

cgf wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

*sigh* it was just a matter of time...

My gut says that this sucks, and we're doomed to watch ****, bad, losing basketball for another 6+ years.

But MAYBE the Knicks are the piece to the trade that involves them taking on salary and picks, for once.

Not holding my breath, but Knicks are in best position to absorb extra salary.

But I still assume this franchise will make dumb decisions that put the Knicks in the crapper for many years like they did in 2011.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#272 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 pm

What do you guys think we can get in a trade for Frank?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#273 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:What do you guys think we can get in a trade for Frank?

High 2nd round pick. Maybe late first, depending on the team etc.

So, as high as 27 (less likely) to....36ish

Might get towards the higher end if the ask is for a pick 2 or 3 years from now.

I'd approve of moving Frank and DSJr in scenarios like this, where the pick gets into the late first because it's for 2024, 2025.

I get how that doesn't help "now" or even near future, like 2022, but again, I think a team is more willing to part with a pick 3 years away, the team has a lot of picks coming up in 2021/2022, and this gives the Knicks a chance to have multiple picks in multiple years moving forward.

Burks I'd extract a closer in years pick - 2021 or 2022
Bullocks same, though Knicks should just take whatever for him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#274 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need Frank back.

RJ and Mavs 2023 pick for LaVine
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#275 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Might get towards the higher end if the ask is for a pick 2 or 3 years from now.

I'd approve of moving Frank and DSJr in scenarios like this, where the pick gets into the late first because it's for 2024, 2025.

I get how that doesn't help "now" or even near future, like 2022, but again, I think a team is more willing to part with a pick 3 years away, the team has a lot of picks coming up in 2021/2022, and this gives the Knicks a chance to have multiple picks in multiple years moving forward.

It feels like Frank and DSJ are pretty much goners. I think we should honestly trade them for whatever we can get for them before they hit free agency. I’ll take any picks.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#276 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

It feels like Frank and DSJ are pretty much goners. I think we should honestly trade them for whatever we can get for them before they hit free agency. I’ll take any picks.

Agreed. I thought maybe if the pick is further out, it could be a little higher. Not sure if it works that way. Obviously, too far out and teams won't do it, as they don't know where they will be in 5 years and no GM wants to give up what turned out to be a lotto pick for Frank or DSJr
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,149

Post#277 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:04 pm

WargamesX wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yeah, but Charlotte went in with that offer. Knicks were making a fair market offer, and Jordan took that personally and doubled it.

And he gave up batum too. Charlotte wanted him bad.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#278 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

We need Frank back.

RJ and Mavs 2023 pick for LaVine

Go on timeout
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#279 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 pm

My “they won’t wait till 2023 and focus on the kids till then while collecting assets”’settlement

Lowry in FA
Oladipo in FA
Lavine via trade

Lowry IQ
Oladipo Lavine
RJB Knox
Randle
Mitch Obi
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,097

Post#280 » by sol537 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:47 pm

RJ & Randle for Harden. Get'er done, donnie.

Mitch/Noel
Obi
Knox/Frank
Burks/Quickley
Harden/Rivers

Return to New York Knicks