ImageImageImageImageImage

Our bench is proving to be nice as heck.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Our bench is proving to be nice as heck. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:32 am

A lot of us thought we'd have a great bench this season because a lot of the players got a lot of experience last year. So far we've been right. That's why I was laughing at a lot of the trade proposals over at the trade forum. Warriors didn't have to get rid of important assets and players for depth. We have it using some guys we already had and vet. minimum acquisitions. We just have to get our top talents healthy.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Our bench is proving to be nice as heck. 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:39 am

Lee has been solid the entire time, so I think the 2nd unit's improvement is based on 2 players: Paschall and Looney.

EP needs no ink, everyone knows how great he's been the past 6-7 games. But Looney? So underrated here because he's slow.. he's been a quality defender, bodies people for rebounds, and sets good screens. That's all we got from guys like Zaza, and Looney's doing it for us now. He deserves more credit than he gets around here
Bob BaSura
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Bob BaSura » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:45 am

The bench was pivotal in the comeback versus the LAC and they also provided a nice cushion against the Raptors. As of late it feels like our starters just keep the game close while the bench unit helps us pull away. I'm not complaining, definitely a pleasant surprise to see them gel this well as a unit.

Also, I feel like Wanamaker deserves some praise too. As badly as I wanted to keep Bowman, Wanamaker has shown to be a competent backup ball-handler.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#4 » by Samurai » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 am

Don't like Lee with the bench guys. Can't help but to think what our lineup would be like if Lee were starting and getting more open shots playing alongside Curry. Have Oubre be one of our energy guys with Bazemore and Mulder off the bench to bring some extra defensive intensity.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,892

Post#5 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 am

yep, it's still early in the season and the coaching staff and the players seem to be figuring each other out. I like Baze & Wanna the past couple of games and Lee and Paschall are providing some scoring punch off the bench. Maybe Meyers and management aren't idiots after all?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#6 » by Little Digger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#7 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 am

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wow, I didn't know they were that good.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#8 » by mos_def » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:43 am

I dont know if its because Oubre isnt on this unit, but I like how the ball moves with them
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#9 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 am

killmongrel wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Fire Bob Myers!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#10 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:47 am

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Fire Bob Myers!

The fire Bob Myers squad has always been dumb. I just think the dude's passive but not that he's a bad GM.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#11 » by InWestWeTrust » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 am

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Fire Bob Myers!

Lol right? It'll end up being:

"Sample size, Myers sucks!"

Dray getting healthy and Kerr figuring out the rotation a bit more has been big. So far, so good. Playing some fun basketball!
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#12 » by floppymoose » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:06 am

Looney has looked a lot better after the first two games. He's been moving much better lately. For him it's all about health. When he's 100% he is long enough and smart enough to be a good bench player.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#13 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:55 am

The Paschall small ball C has been the master stroke of the season. Id call you a dirty fat liar if you said you saw that one coming.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#14 » by Jester_ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 pm

FNQ wrote:Lee has been solid the entire time, so I think the 2nd unit's improvement is based on 2 players: Paschall and Looney.

EP needs no ink, everyone knows how great he's been the past 6-7 games. But Looney? So underrated here because he's slow.. he's been a quality defender, bodies people for rebounds, and sets good screens. That's all we got from guys like Zaza, and Looney's doing it for us now. He deserves more credit than he gets around here

+1 +1 +1

Looney has been extremely solid. A few lame stretches, but overall he's the perfect backup to Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#15 » by Little Digger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 pm

floppymoose wrote:Looney has looked a lot better after the first two games. He's been moving much better lately. For him it's all about health. When he's 100% he is long enough and smart enough to be a good bench player.
He seems to do better physically while the team is on an extended home stand
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#16 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Wanamaker was pewp the first handful of games, but he's been nice the last few games too.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#17 » by TB » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:08 pm

The first 4 games also saw a decent amount of minutes of Jordan Poole playing like Jordan Poole. And in those games, Bazemore barely played.

The last 6 games Poole has only played in 1 game and Bazemore has been over 15 min each one of them. Bazemore has not shot under 50% from 3 in any of those 6 games (yes i know 5 of them have been 1-2 from 3 :) )
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#18 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:52 pm

Really impressed by Lee and Bazemore. Not been a fan of Bazemore but he seems much more in control and has been pretty reliable from 3.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#19 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:31 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Really impressed by Lee and Bazemore. Not been a fan of Bazemore but he seems much more in control and has been pretty reliable from 3.

Bazemore has been more than just "pretty reliable" so far - he's currently leading the team shooting 50% from deep. Obviously miniscule sample size but his shooting has been much more than I expected so far. I also worry that he has a tendency to play out-of-control which can make him prone to turnovers and foul trouble. He doesn't have great handles so he can sometimes dribble himself into a crowd which spells trouble. But when he plays under control, he's been excellent. I'd still like to see Lee start and have Bazemore and Oubre as the Energizer bunnies off the bench; I think Lee is our closest approximation to Klay's catch-and-shoot game of the current roster.

If we didn't have to think about salaries and perceptions associated with one's paycheck, I'd like to see Lee and Bazemore playing over 25 minutes each, Mulder at 15-20, and Oubre at 15 or less. Basically I'd only want to see Oubre when Curry and Green are resting (too many non-shooters if he and Green are playing and I think his style annoys Curry). Curry and Green are still the driving force for the team and they are more effective with guys who can shoot and are willing to pass like Lee, Bazemore and Mulder.

Return to Golden State Warriors