ImageImageImageImageImage

Durant leaving....and what Warriors ended up with.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Would you trade Wiggins, Wiseman, 2021 first round pick to get Durant back?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 27

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Durant leaving....and what Warriors ended up with. 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Durant's leaving has indirectly lead to Warriors acquiring:
Wiggins, Wiseman, 2021 high first round pick.

Based on what you know NOW, would you trade Wiggins, Wiseman, 2021 first round pick to get Durant back?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Durant leaving....and what Warriors ended up with. 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:55 pm

lol yes stop it

I enjoy watching and analyzing the games more on a day to day basis, but I dont mind being the evil empire either just collecting hand jewelry like were **** Thanos either
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,202

Post#3 » by Outside » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Knowing that KD doesn't really want to fit in with the Warriors, I voted no.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate his contributions to winning two titles, because I do. It just means that, at this point, he doesn't want to be here and isn't into what the Warriors are, and I don't want someone who isn't on board with that.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#4 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:18 pm

Are we also getting Kyrie and DJ along with KD? If so, then yes. If not, since it seems pretty obvious that KD wants to play with Kyrie, then no. Wiseman has too much potential for me to give up on now for a guy, as great as KD is, who does not want to play here anymore. Not getting into whether it's a good thing or bad thing, but it is a player's league and the players get a tremendous amount of leverage in where they want to play and who they want to play with. KD has made his opinion known; I am not going to be foolish enough to run around with my hands over my ears pretending I never heard him.
Eriksson
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Eriksson » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 pm

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#6 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:54 pm

This poll is broken. The Warriors getting Wiseman had more to do with the injuries to Klay and Curry than it had to do with Durant leaving. Without those injuries, we'd have ended up with a pick somewhere in the 15 to 20 range. Not the #2 overall pick.

The real equation is as follows:

Durant + Iggy + our 2024 first round pick netted DLo.

DLo netted Wiggins + Minny's 2021 first and second round picks

Minny's 2021 second round pick netted Oubre

The result is that Durant + Iggy + our 2024 first round pick netted Wiggins + Minny's 2021 first pick + Oubre

Still a solid return.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Normally I’d say he’ll yes. But dude doesn’t wanna be here so eff him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#8 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:00 pm

Durant was a mercinary, and is a soft marshmallow. He and Kyrie deserve each other.

I'm more than happy with where we are right now considering the Klay travesty. Next year we will have Klay back and will be adding either Jalen Green or Evan Mobley, and our core with have a mix of hall of fame guys driving to a title with the next generational core in tow.

What more could you want as a fan of a team? The best of all worlds colliding, I love this ride.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#9 » by InWestWeTrust » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:41 pm

KD doesn't care about no dam rings

As the great BasedGod once said: "F*** KEVIN DURANTTTTTTT, F*** KEVIN DURAHANTTTTTT"

jk kinda, this team was sick when he was here. Maybe Oubre for KD
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 pm

I thought by now we’d be done with the Drama Queen threads

Id like to think I would’ve handled it exactly like Dray did..Either you’re with us or against us..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#11 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:03 am

No Drama intended...relax lol

Just trying to illustrate where we are today as a team without Durant vs having him playing along side Curry and Green.

I THINK you can make an argument that Wiggins, Wiseman and the 2021 pick is more valuable than Durant.

Let's assume Wiggins turns out to be a very good all-defensive SF for us.
Let's assume Wiseman turns out to be a franchise level all-star center.
Let's assume we get the 5th pick in the next draft.

Considering Durant's recent injury, his age, I "what we ended up with" is more valuable than two more years of Durant.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#12 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 am

Durant taking a lot of heat for not wanting to be treated like Draymond’s you know what. Give me the 2nd best modern day scorer ever over what Wiseman may turn out to be,Maple Jordan,and an unknown future pick.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#13 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:13 am

I just don’t like Durant or his ISO game ..never have ..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
AntMo22
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#14 » by AntMo22 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 pm

This thread reads like a scorned ex :lol:
Coxy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I've said this in many Monta/Bogut based trades in the past... but for the Bucks to consider trading Andrew to GS, we have to be talking Steph Curry, not Monta.

Fine.

Curry/Biedrins for Bogut/Filler. Done and done.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#15 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 pm

The poll is like "Would you prefer to win another championship or treadmill?".
Of course yes, I would take Durant back.
I get the "he doesn't want to be here", he would have re-signed if he wanted to stay, but that's not what the poll is about.
The poll means: did Durant leaving put us in a better or worse situation? And the answer is 100% worse.
Consider that with Durant missing last season, we would have Wiseman and Durant now, because he wouldn't have changed anything about last season.
So it's basically Wiggins + Minnie pick for Durant. I get Durant 100% of the times.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#16 » by donkeylips » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:49 pm

yes i would trade it all of that for durant. but if durant stayed, warriors still could have drafted wiseman. durant and klay were out the whole year and curry got hurt.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#17 » by likashing » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:The poll is like "Would you prefer to win another championship or treadmill?".
Of course yes, I would take Durant back.
I get the "he doesn't want to be here", he would have re-signed if he wanted to stay, but that's not what the poll is about.
The poll means: did Durant leaving put us in a better or worse situation? And the answer is 100% worse.
Consider that with Durant missing last season, we would have Wiseman and Durant now, because he wouldn't have changed anything about last season.
So it's basically Wiggins + Minnie pick for Durant. I get Durant 100% of the times.

Yes, KD was hurt last season as well, so we would be with Wiseman/Draymond/KD/Oubre :lol: /Steph this season.

And Wiseman/Draymond/KD/Klay/Steph next season.

I wouldn't count Wiseman as related to KD's departure.

Having said that, usually teams are left with nothing when a FA leaves. We did get Wiggins + 2021 Min #1 for KD, so we did alright.

I would still take KD any day though.

P.S. I didn't vote as including Wiseman in this discussion is bogus.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#18 » by Mav_Carter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

Arguing that Wiggins, Wiseman, 2021 pick > KD is :crazy:
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#19 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am

Samurai wrote:Are we also getting Kyrie and DJ along with KD? If so, then yes. If not, since it seems pretty obvious that KD wants to play with Kyrie, then no. Wiseman has too much potential for me to give up on now for a guy, as great as KD is, who does not want to play here anymore. Not getting into whether it's a good thing or bad thing, but it is a player's league and the players get a tremendous amount of leverage in where they want to play and who they want to play with. KD has made his opinion known; I am not going to be foolish enough to run around with my hands over my ears pretending I never heard him.

You are correct of course, and I withdraw my hasty vote based on Durant possibly being the best player in the NBA and he and Curry together being basically unstoppable.

That kD doesn’t want to be at GSW negates all else as you say, and a developing Wiseman next to a hopefully somewhat healthy Klay with Wiggins in the role for which they acquired him alongside Steph is more than intriguing, with even Wiggins very much younger than KD of course. As has been said watching LeBron look helpless against the Durant GSW team wasn’t all that hard to endure either though.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#20 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 am

Double

Return to Golden State Warriors