ImageImageImage

NBA/NBPA Talk Adding a 3rd Two-Way Contract, This Season

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

How should the NBA protect the 2020-21 Season?

Mini-Bubbles of 2-3 weeks, w/1 week off
32%
Have up to 5 Two-Way players, per Team
21%
Increase Rosters to 20-Players.
32%
Other Ideas -- Please Explain.
15%

Total votes: 34

itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,147

Re: Does the NBA need to Rethink it's 2020-21 Season amid COVID-19 Outbreaks? 

Post#41 » by itrsteve » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 pm

I'm just a regular old joe so my opinion doesn't matter.

I believe this latest outbreak is a bi-product of the holidays and a degree of complacentcy around things going okay the first few weeks + bubble success.

IMO - stay the course with minor corrections on practice and monitor.

They should look to perhaps expand the play-in and entering an Orlando'ish playoff bubble if the vaccines haven't been distributed by then
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#42 » by jmr07019 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 pm

Check out the new measures. Wow. Wouldn't a bubble with relaxed restrictions be a MUCH better option for the players? This sounds miserable af

Activities Outside the Team Environment: For at least the next two weeks, players and team staff are required to remain at their residence (when the team is in its home market) at all times except to attend team-related activities at the team facility or arena, exercise outside, or perform essential activities, or as a result of extraordinary circumstances. Away-from-work interactions are limited to those with household members, family and any personal staff working regularly in the home. When on the road, players and team staff are prohibited from leaving their hotel (other than for team activities or emergencies) or interacting with non-team guests at the hotel.

Meetings: For at least the next two weeks, any pre-game meeting in the locker room is limited to no more than 10 minutes in duration and all attendees must wear a facemask. All other meetings involving players and team staff must continue to occur on the court, in a league-approved space, or at the arena in a room large enough to provide for at least 6 feet of distance between individuals. Meeting attendees must continue to wear facemasks at all times.

On the Road: For team flights, teams must create a seating plan on planes so that players whose assigned seats are closest to each other on the bench for games are also closest to each other on the team plane. All treatment sessions at a hotel, such as massages and physical therapy, must occur in a ballroom or other large open space, with at least 12 feet between individual stations. Facemasks and face shields are required for all individuals during such sessions.

Game Day: Players are prohibited from arriving at the arena more than three hours before tip-off. During the pre- and post-game periods, players must limit interactions to elbow or fist bumps, avoid extended socializing and maintain 6 feet of distance as much as possible.

Facemasks: All players must wear facemasks on the bench at all times. Upon exiting the game, and prior to returning to the bench, players can sit in “cool down chairs,” arranged at least 12 feet from the bench with each chair 6 feet apart, where facemasks are not required. Once a player has cooled down, he must return to his assigned seat on the bench and wear a facemask until he enters the game again. Players must always wear facemasks in the locker room, during strength and conditioning activities and when traveling with anyone other than a household member. Coaches and other team staff must wear facemasks at all times during games.

Testing: Any individual who regularly visits the interior of the home of a player or team staff member for a professional purpose must undergo COVID-19 testing twice per week. For any team with a positive player case or high-risk staff member case, the NBA may require players and team staff to undergo five consecutive days of twice-per-day, lab-based testing, in addition to daily point-of-care testing.
Show Love Spread Love
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,210

Post#43 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#44 » by Disinformation » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sure new rules will do the trick. :roll:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#45 » by Ernest » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:54 am

itrsteve wrote:I'm just a regular old joe so my opinion doesn't matter.

I believe this latest outbreak is a bi-product of the holidays and a degree of complacentcy around things going okay the first few weeks + bubble success.

IMO - stay the course with minor corrections on practice and monitor.

They should look to perhaps expand the play-in and entering an Orlando'ish playoff bubble if the vaccines haven't been distributed by then

Add to that the vaccines are out now. It's hard for people to not let their guard down a bit after hearing this. Not saying it's a good thing, but it's a very human thing after being cooped up so long and having to wear a mask for so long. People in the back of their minds will think "Well if I get it now, they will just give me the vaccine or the regeneron treatment and I'll be fine" That plus the holiday movement you mentioned and it getting colder make for a bad situation. I agree with you. Stay the course. I was thinking a break ould be a good idea- but you can do it without changing the system. We are doing it right now. Just postpone games as needed. Everyone has to stay put. No "Ok everyone come back in a month"
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#46 » by jmr07019 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Trying to see just how many players have tested positive. Harder than you'd think

NEW YORK — Of the 498 players tested for COVID-19 since Dec. 30, four new players have returned confirmed positive tests.

Anyone who has returned a confirmed positive test is isolated until they are cleared for leaving isolation under the rules established by the NBA and the Players Association in accordance with CDC guidance.

^From January 7th at noon. I'm guessing Rob Williams wasn't included in those 4. Tatum wasn't. Going off memory but I would think Avery Bradley and Seth Curry would also not be included in that. If the NBA can keep it to say 3ish positive tests per week while also lowering the number of people out with contact tracing the league will be alright.

https://www.nba.com/news/four-players-test-positive-in-latest-covid-19-results
Show Love Spread Love
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,849

Post#47 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#48 » by Parliament10 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am

Celtics had to miss 3 Straight games in this.
NBA/NBPA needs to change things.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Post#49 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 am

Parliament10 wrote:Celtics had to miss 3 Straight games in this.
NBA/NBPA needs to change things.

I voted for a little time off plus increasing the roster. Also I just don't know how I will survive my boredom if the NBA shuts down for a few weeks.

But better to lose a few weeks than to lose much much more.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#50 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#51 » by djFan71 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:24 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Good idea, but kind of annoying they did this after we used 47 on a stash.
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,950

Re: NBA/NBPA Talk Adding a 3rd Two-Way Contract, This Season 

Post#52 » by leper-con » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 am

LEts just bubble and do a mini tournament and crown the NBA champs.
This season has been so fubared up and down the league, what can you do.

Return to Boston Celtics