ImageImage

PG Magic: 4th Quarter Blowout

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Re: PG Magic: 4th Quarter Blowout 

Post#81 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:27 pm

I like that after how the last two seasons ended we're still using SRS and per 36 stats to feel good about the team.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#82 » by emunney » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:50 pm

blazza18 wrote:I like that after how the last two seasons ended we're still using SRS and per 36 stats to feel good about the team.

How's feeling bad going?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#83 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:53 pm

emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I like that after how the last two seasons ended we're still using SRS and per 36 stats to feel good about the team.

How's feeling bad going?

Pretty good.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#84 » by Shaffty » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 am

AussieBuck wrote:RAPTOR is there to let us know that aggregating tracking data is not yet a useful exercise.

anyone good with the tacking data is working for a team or making 6 figures in Silicon Valley
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#85 » by DrWood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:Forbes kills us when he's not making 3s.

He really doesn't though.

Statistics say otherwise.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#86 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 am

DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:Forbes kills us when he's not making 3s.

He really doesn't though.

Show me them.

Spoiler:

I can't imagine there's any way a non biased observer looks at those box scores and points out Bryn **** Forbes as the problem. He's straight up done literally nothing some games and not "killed us". I guess the Cleveland game he was an outlier of **** minutes?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#87 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Portis was a solid-as-a-rock pickup for this team.

I hated the Portis signing - glad he's proven me wrong so far.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#88 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Ruzious wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Portis was a solid-as-a-rock pickup for this team.

I hated the Portis signing - glad he's proven me wrong so far.

He has his flaws, to be sure, but he brings some toughness and grit. And he's a hard-working player who has basic offensive moves and a solid shot. Sometimes this Bucks team is too nice, especially come playoff time. It could use some dog mentality.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#89 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He really doesn't though.

Show me them.

I can't imagine there's any way a non biased observer looks at those box scores and points out Bryn **** Forbes as the problem. He's straight up done literally nothing some games and not "killed us". I guess the Cleveland game he was an outlier of **** minutes?

Those were from basketball reference. Go the the bucks 2020-2021 page, scroll down to the "play-by-play" chart and look at the On-Off column.
Of course his impact is limited because his minutes are limited. He doesn't kill us when he's sitting on the bench.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#90 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 am

DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:Statistics say otherwise.

Show me them.

Those were from basketball reference. Go the the bucks 2020-2021 page, scroll down to the "play-by-play" chart and look at the On-Off column.
Of course his impact is limited because his minutes are limited. He doesn't kill us when he's sitting on the bench.

Those are literally the box scores of him supposedly "not hitting threes and killing us". The idea that "stats said he did" is hilarious. There's literally like one game all season where you can look at him not shooting good and find him as an outlier, the Cleveland game. Hell, games like the Miami and Boston losses he shot 1-3 and 1-4 and was literally an outlier in a positive direction.

Bryn Forbes isn't "good". Our starters obviously out play our bench by tremendous strides. The idea that Bryn Forbes not shooting good tanks whatever we have going that game is honestly just a silly notion.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#91 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Show me them.

Those are literally the box scores of him supposedly "not hitting threes and killing us". The idea that "stats said he did" is hilarious. There's literally like one game all season where you can look at him not shooting good and find him as an outlier, the Cleveland game. Hell, games like the Miami and Boston losses he shot 1-3 and 1-4 and was literally an outlier in a positive direction.

so you actually think Forbes does more than one thing (3p%) at an NBA level?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#92 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:41 am

DrWood wrote:so you actually think Forbes does more than one thing (3p%) at an NBA level?

Not at like an average NBA level, not really.

And he hasn't "killed" the team when he's not shooting well.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#93 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:so you actually think Forbes does more than one thing (3p%) at an NBA level?

Oh, I get it now. You didn't realize I was using killed figuratively.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#94 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 am

DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Make a statement, use "statistics" in two replies to defend statement and then say you didn't really mean what you said. Got it.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#95 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Not at like an average NBA level, not really.

Make a statement, use "statistics" in two replies to defend statement and then say you didn't really mean what you said. Got it.

Hits lots of threes, can recognize when to take a ball to the hoop, hits mid range shots off Giannis' gravity, sets good screens. Not the worst defender as I was warned I would see.

For 2.5 million a year I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Lopez/Giannis three attempts
DJA as backup PG
Lopez becoming an actual tree.

Are my main concerns. I think we'll figure the D out.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#96 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Not at like an average NBA level, not really.

Most accurately, Forbes kills the teams whether he's hitting or not. The team is simply consistently at its worst when he's on the floor.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#97 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Most accurately, Forbes kills the teams whether he's hitting or not. The team is simply consistently at its worst when he's on the floor.

Yes, teams usually play worse when their 9th man is on the floor. Replacing him with Isaac Bonga doesn't change that. But sure, maybe we just play our starters 48 minutes a game that might work I can't believe nobody has thought of that.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#98 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Most accurately, Forbes kills the teams whether he's hitting or not. The team is simply consistently at its worst when he's on the floor.

Yes, teams usually play worse when their 9th man is on the floor. Replacing him with Isaac Bonga doesn't change that. But sure, maybe we just play our starters 48 minutes a game that might work I can't believe nobody has thought of that.

Just last year we were significantly better with the backup SG on the floor. As an organization I think they should continue to look for an actual productive backup there. They might already have that on the team. Forbes is pretty established as the caliber of player he is at age 28,and he isn't the answer.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#99 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Loved this post. That is a classic Baddy Chuck arguement. Honestly thanks for posting here so long.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks