Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Re: Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder 

Post#441 » by pcbothwel » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:06 pm

Meliorus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Bone spurts were a problem.

Of course they were. Lets not get it confused, Tommy loved Wall and knew he was back... Ted was the pearl clutching owner and told TS to trade him.
If we had Wall instead of Russ and an average coach we are a top 5 seed this year. But alas, we have the chuckster and the idiot dragging us into the bottom of the league. Beal should demand a trade if Brooks isnt fired.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#442 » by NatP4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:55 am

Feel bad for Wall. Harden is such a joke. That has to be frustrating for everyone else on the team that actually cares about winning.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#443 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 am

Read on Twitter
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#444 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:44 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#445 » by queridiculo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 am

I feel bad for Wall, but at the same time he'll have a chance to be front and center of the Rockets once they move on from this foolishness.

Wall is a genuinely good guy with some questionable judgement at times but I still wish he was with the Wizards.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#446 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:22 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Meliorus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Of course they were. Lets not get it confused, Tommy loved Wall and knew he was back... Ted was the pearl clutching owner and told TS to trade him.
If we had Wall instead of Russ and an average coach we are a top 5 seed this year. But alas, we have the chuckster and the idiot dragging us into the bottom of the league. Beal should demand a trade if Brooks isnt fired.

Interesting to see Shake Milton up there. So it wasn't just our bad defense against him - he's really good - if his 3 point shooting comes back to what it was last season.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#447 » by payitforward » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:43 pm

My view hasn't changed:
payitforward wrote:I hated this trade when I heard about it. I still hate that we are giving up a R1 pick. We are a bad team trying to rebuild. Giving up a R1 pick ain't the way to do it.

OTOH, on their careers, Westbrook is a much, much better player than John Wall -- it isn't close.

He's 2 years older than John, of course. OTOH, he isn't coming off a major injury the way John is. Call that a wash...?

2 years ago, at the age John is now, Westbrook had a year better than any John Wall has ever had. Way better. He dropped off last year -- almost entirely b/c his defensive rebounding & assist numbers were significantly down. I expect his assists to pop back up to career average.

Several posters here have speculated about "flipping him" to the Knicks or Clippers. Depending on what we took back, obviously, that could turn out pretty well.

In the end, I guess, the only thing I feel sure of is that the Washington Wizards remain a pathetic franchise.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#448 » by payitforward » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Ruzious wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
Meliorus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Interesting to see Shake Milton up there. So it wasn't just our bad defense against him - he's really good - if his 3 point shooting comes back to what it was last season.

Huh! I think someone here has been saying that pretty regularly for a while now.... Hmmm, I wonder who that was?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#449 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Huh! I think someone here has been saying that pretty regularly for a while now.... Hmmm, I wonder who that was?

I seem to recall me suggesting - when he was still a scrub last season - that if we make a trade with Philly, we should make sure to have them throw in Milton. I remember you were the only one who responded, but tbh - I can't remember what you said.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#450 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Here we go viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1871517&p=81156012&hilit=shake+milton#p81156012
See posts 858 and 859. Pats on the back for both of us. 8-)
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#451 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm

NatP4 wrote:Feel bad for Wall. Harden is such a joke. That has to be frustrating for everyone else on the team that actually cares about winning.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#452 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:22 pm

I think Wall will shine once harden is traded.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#453 » by queridiculo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:I think Wall will shine once harden is traded.

Assuming the 76ers aren't bluffing with Simmons and they're not going to make him available.

If I am the Rockets, I'll take Harris, but I'll dump Gordon on them and I'll want Maxey, Milton, and Thybulle along with all a cache of draft picks.

I could see the Rockets emerging much like the Nuggets did after they got rid of Melo.
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#454 » by smoothSeph » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

As if we needed any further clarification Boogie would've came to Washington :banghead:
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#455 » by NatP4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Boogie is shooting 35% this year.....in the same amount of games played as Westbrook.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#456 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm

NatP4 wrote:Boogie is shooting 35% this year.....in the same amount of games played as Westbrook.

Its quite funny how people act like Harden hasn't been clearly the best player on the team and the Wall/Cousins combo have been good. Im glad Wall and Boogie are healthy, but outside of scoring at the basket they have both been inefficient and turnover prone...
Expectations I guess...
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#457 » by smoothSeph » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Yea now, 3 years later. Cousins would've been willing to come here a long time ago
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#458 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 pm

smoothSeph wrote:Yea now, 3 years later. Cousins would've been willing to come here a long time ago

There was no time that Cousins was "available" that I would have been willing to pay the price to acquire him. He was always overrated.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#459 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 am

nate33 wrote:
smoothSeph wrote:Yea now, 3 years later. Cousins would've been willing to come here a long time ago

There was no time that Cousins was "available" that I would have been willing to pay the price to acquire him. He was always overrated.

Bingo!
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#460 » by Eli Babak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 am

Eli Babak wrote:FIRE SHEPPARD AND SELL THE TEAM LEONSIS

Jesus **** christ. No. No.

blaablaa

Hopefully Westbrick fits well and Brooks improves as a coach...

Well... Westbrook has been a good teammate but absolutely horrible on the court and we all know what 99% of people think of Brooks.

Harden is talented but annoying. Now Rockets have Oladipo who's handsome, a good singer and pretty good at basketball too. Hopefully him, Wall, Cousins, Wood and others can now focus on playing some fun basketball and everybody just moves on.

****'s different in DC though... I still can't wait the day Westbrook & Brooks are gone and unfortunately that likely means Beal will be gone too. :( This franchise is so frustrating but at least I don't have to pay for season tickets and stuff like that.

Return to Washington Wizards