aggerrard wrote:Raptors gets:

Brunson
Johnson
Powell
Green

Mavs gets:

Lowry
Baynes

I'd do it for sure .... I guess Raptors didn't. facing Powell and losing Lowly ... by Green / Brunson seems very light
1+1=11
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#463 » by arkuo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:44 pm

If this Brooklyn fiasco doesnt get fixed, it wont be too far fetched to see Kevin Durant requesting a trade to a winning situation for him to not waste his remaining years babysitting that kid with a tantrum named Kyrie Irving. Given his friendly nature with Kristaps Porzingis and with Dallas in a possible winning situation outside of the two LA teams, would you trade for KD in the summer if he requests Dallas as one of his destinations?

THJ + James Johnson + Richardson + 5 draft picks for KD. Who says no?
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#464 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

arkuo wrote:If this Brooklyn fiasco doesnt get fixed, it wont be too far fetched to see Kevin Durant requesting a trade to a winning situation for him to not waste his remaining years babysitting that kid with a tantrum named Kyrie Irving. Given his friendly nature with Kristaps Porzingis and with Dallas in a possible winning situation outside of the two LA teams, would you trade for KD in the summer if he requests Dallas as one of his destinations?

THJ + James Johnson + 5 draft picks for KD. Who says no?

We have so many selections .. ?? .. it would be tough, if Nets after paying KD ... during his injury, demands a change .. That said ... yes ... I would give anything (outside of Luka) ... personally I think he is the most talented player in the NBA
1+1=11
arkuo
General Manager

Post#465 » by arkuo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
arkuo wrote:If this Brooklyn fiasco doesnt get fixed, it wont be too far fetched to see Kevin Durant requesting a trade to a winning situation for him to not waste his remaining years babysitting that kid with a tantrum named Kyrie Irving. Given his friendly nature with Kristaps Porzingis and with Dallas in a possible winning situation outside of the two LA teams, would you trade for KD in the summer if he requests Dallas as one of his destinations?

We have so many selections .. ?? .. it would be tough, if Nets after paying KD ... during his injury, demands a change .. That said ... yes ... I would give anything (outside of Luka) ... personally I think he is the most talented player in the NBA

Man that Brooklyn situation is going to turn out messy. And KD won't be waiting on Kyrie while his remaining years go by. He wont go to the Lakers for sure. Maybe there's a chance he wants to join in on that LA Clippers train. He's good with KP, there is a tiny chance he requests a trade to Dallas. Sure as hell wont be Houston.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#466 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:12 pm

arkuo wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:

Man that Brooklyn situation is going to turn out messy. And KD won't be waiting on Kyrie while his remaining years go by. He wont go to the Lakers for sure. Maybe there's a chance he wants to join in on that LA Clippers train. He's good with KP, there is a tiny chance he requests a trade to Dallas. Sure as hell wont be Houston.

well that would be great ... but that package, it seems very light..we don't have valuable selections, nor youngsters with star potential, to catch KD, .. without involving (healthy KP)
1+1=11
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#467 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:02 pm

I understand you would have to give up a lot to get KD however do you realize 5 draft picks would cover a 10 year span? Also don’t we owe our 2025 pick to the Knicks for Porzingis? That means we would owe Brooklyn picks until 2035.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arkuo
General Manager

Post#468 » by arkuo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Mr B wrote:

I understand you would have to give up a lot to get KD however do you realize 5 draft picks would cover a 10 year span? Also don’t we owe our 2025 pick to the Knicks for Porzingis? That means we would owe Brooklyn picks until 2035.

That's exactly my point. Do you roll the dice for 3 years of KD if it meant no draft picks for a decade?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#469 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm

arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:

That's exactly my point. Do you roll the dice for 3 years of KD if it meant no draft picks for a decade?

KD and Giannis may be the two players I would do that for but you’re talking about limited trade assets for 10 years. That’s a LONG time!

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#470 » by JD45 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Of course the Mavs would do that. I can't see a scenario where the Nets do it. No matter what Kyrie does.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
JD45
General Manager

Post#471 » by JD45 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

I bet the Mavs working the phones today. This Harden situation going to generate other trade possibilities along with it. Wall, PJ Tucker, Tobias Harris, etc. Big salaries on the move might need expiring contracts as filler
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
arkuo
General Manager

Post#472 » by arkuo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:I understand you would have to give up a lot to get KD however do you realize 5 draft picks would cover a 10 year span? Also don’t we owe our 2025 pick to the Knicks for Porzingis? That means we would owe Brooklyn picks until 2035.

KD and Giannis may be the two players I would do that for but you’re talking about limited trade assets for 10 years. That’s a LONG time!

That will be the selling point for BKN. Dallas gets a championship caliber team for like 5 years. Probably becomes mediocre when KD retires. And they'd have a shot at half of those picks being lottery ones. Give abd take.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#473 » by ejs78 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 pm

Not saying do it, but gotta think Drummond is on the move now right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#474 » by fuller4379 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 pm

With Houston heading towards compete rebuild, any thoughts on John Wall? Would he fit next to Luka? Would the Rockets even trade him to Dallas?
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#475 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 pm

fuller4379 wrote:With Houston heading towards compete rebuild, any thoughts on John Wall? Would he fit next to Luka? Would the Rockets even trade him to Dallas?

The Mavs should steer clear of Wall. His injury and contract is a big enough concern, but add to that his playing style. When he went down there was this notion in the Wizards locker room and on the floor, "everyone eats". The ball flowed so much better without his stat padding. Not at all a guy the Mavs need not should pair with Luka.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#476 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 am

Maybe it’s just me but I kind of would prefer they didn’t make a trade. I kind of really like this team as constructed. They’re rebounding well, with KP their offense looks like it could be elite again, they’re playing great team defense (and getting better). The chemistry looks great. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#477 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 am

That's not how it works
Mr B wrote:Maybe it’s just me but I kind of would prefer they didn’t make a trade. I kind of really like this team as constructed. They’re rebounding well, with KP their offense looks like it could be elite again, they’re playing great team defense (and getting better). The chemistry looks great. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
JD45
General Manager

Post#478 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Mr B wrote:Maybe it’s just me but I kind of would prefer they didn’t make a trade. I kind of really like this team as constructed. They’re rebounding well, with KP their offense looks like it could be elite again, they’re playing great team defense (and getting better). The chemistry looks great. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Its a tough choice. They do look like a contender now. But if now is their best positioning for a big trade (ie with expiring deals or cap room this summer) can they afford to let it pass? THJ playing so well is making it even more difficult.

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM

Post#479 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm

JD45 wrote:

Its a tough choice. They do look like a contender now. But if now is their best positioning for a big trade (ie with expiring deals or cap room this summer) can they afford to let it pass? THJ playing so well is making it even more difficult.

I understand that too but you don’t want to just trade for anyone just for the sake of making a trade. You also have to factor in, what if the person comes in and it kills the chemistry. The Rondo trade is a perfect example. The year that trade was made the team was on fire. I believe they had the highest offensive efficiency in the NBA. They looked really good. Then they gut the team of some really good young talent and role players and mortgage their future (draft picks) and the trade blew up in their face before the year was out.

I’ve seen John Wall being talked about but is Wall worth it? Is he a guy like Jason Terry that will come in and add the culture or is he a Rondo that’s going to come in and try force Carlisle into doing things his way (which will obviously fail).

Let’s say the Mavs don’t make a trade and make it the WC Finals and lose to the Lakers. They would then go into the off season with a ton of cap space. I do believe they will resign JRich and possibly even Johnson. With the remaining cap space couldn’t they make a trade and just absorb a player with a bad contract. Just as an example, let’s say a guy like Evan Fournier, if Orlando knows they can’t keep him can’t they just sign and trade him to Dallas without having to take anything back since the Mavs would have the cap space to just absorb him? And wouldn’t that create a trade exception for Orlando? I’m not 100% how that works so that’s a legit question I’m asking.

JD45
General Manager

Post#480 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Not too many free agents this summer better than THJ. And it will take letting Johnson, THJ and WCS go to make room for a non-max free agent.

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Dallas Mavericks