ImageImage

Divisional Round Lead-Up - Rams - Saturday 3:35 - Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Re: Divisional Round Lead-Up - Rams - Saturday 3:35 - Fox 

Post#101 » by Treebeard » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Given the league cap problem, whats a decent guess on King, Jones, and Linsleys 2021 cost?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#102 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 am

Treebeard wrote:Given the league cap problem, whats a decent guess on King, Jones, and Linsleys 2021 cost?
For a top tier at his position player like Jones i don't think the cap pinch will effect them much so id say just a shade below Cook/Henry which would mean roughly a 12 mill per contract.

Linsley is also a top tier guy but im not sure he's viewed at the same way around the league but a contract on par with (or better) then the one Tretter got is a real possibility so any where between 9-11 mill per is probably the range

King high end in a normal year i could see a Janoris Jenkins type deal (7.8ish) but I've been arguing a guy in his tier is going to feel the cap pinch the most so 6ish i would say is on the table.

(Just listing the per year average. I'd imagine all those would be back loaded to keep the year 1 cap number down for all those and can't imagine anyone other then possibly Jones gets more then 3 years)

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#103 » by skones » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:31 am

RRyder823 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Packers never pay big bucks to interior lineman and I can't imagine King is any sort of priority at this point (he was a TT pick). Does that plus waiving Preston open up enough room to keep Jones on a reasonable extension? Even if it does, I think Gute could just as easily say **** it and roll with Dillon and another draft pick next year.

$16 million if we keep him, $8 million cap hit if he's cut. He'll be cut. As said Rodgers cap hit goes up $15 million. Adams only has one year left and they'll want to get a new deal done for him as well. I think King is gone, Linsley is gone and Jones stays. Williams will have to go too. I like him but can't keep him. Now if they let Jones walk will they resign Williams? Maybe at a reasonably small deal. You don't open your wallet for a guy like Williams.

Also, when looking ahead Clark's cap hit goes from $7.1 million next season to $20.6 million in 2022.

Revenue of course was down this year but should be back to normal for next season and a new TV deal is in the works.

It should be noted a Adams extension would actually lower his cap number for next year in all likelihood so id imagine that will actually be one of the highest priorities to get done as it'll actually help create much needed cap space.

I know I'm in the minority here but I just dont see King as "gone" yet. I'd be willing to bet the market for guys at his level are going to be MUCH barer then most think and if I have to choose between King + Linsley or just Jones im going with the former pretty easily

Rodgers, Bakhtiari, and Z are restructure candidates. Adams extended. Smith, Kirksey, Lowry, Wagner, likely cap casualties. Can probably get to around 20 million or so in space, some of which will have to be committed to draft picks.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#104 » by MoMM » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 am

skones wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:$16 million if we keep him, $8 million cap hit if he's cut. He'll be cut. As said Rodgers cap hit goes up $15 million. Adams only has one year left and they'll want to get a new deal done for him as well. I think King is gone, Linsley is gone and Jones stays. Williams will have to go too. I like him but can't keep him. Now if they let Jones walk will they resign Williams? Maybe at a reasonably small deal. You don't open your wallet for a guy like Williams.

Also, when looking ahead Clark's cap hit goes from $7.1 million next season to $20.6 million in 2022.

Revenue of course was down this year but should be back to normal for next season and a new TV deal is in the works.

It should be noted a Adams extension would actually lower his cap number for next year in all likelihood so id imagine that will actually be one of the highest priorities to get done as it'll actually help create much needed cap space.

I know I'm in the minority here but I just dont see King as "gone" yet. I'd be willing to bet the market for guys at his level are going to be MUCH barer then most think and if I have to choose between King + Linsley or just Jones im going with the former pretty easily

Rodgers, Bakhtiari, and Z are restructure candidates. Adams extended. Smith, Kirksey, Lowry, Wagner, likely cap casualties. Can probably get to around 20 million or so in space, some of which will have to be committed to draft picks.

What about Tonyan and Lazard?

Also, do you think we might bring Lane Taylor back?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#105 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:17 pm

At least the Rams are worse

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#106 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 pm

I would not expect a typical off season with regards to what kind of contracts players get. But then again I said that about the NBA and it was nuts offseason with tons of spending.

One thing seems certain, we should end up with some nice comp picks again after this off season
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#107 » by Treebeard » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:At least the Rams are worse

Read on Twitter

Green Bay kicking - Punt and kick returns provide moments of fan terror. Both at point of the punt and especially when the opponent gets the ball. Scott needs to learn to tackle. This last one should only be a minor annoyance but, (for the old farts out here) the contact-averse Chester Marcol was a better tackler than JK Scott.
Green Bay receiving punts and kickoffs - meh. (That's with Ervin - Austin hasn't impressed me yet)
Crosby's been reliable, but how many more years does he go?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#108 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Feels like having Austin back there on punts has at least stabilized our return game some (yeah, I know he botched that PR the other week). Shepherd was just a complete disaster.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#109 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:14 pm

MoMM wrote:
skones wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

What about Tonyan and Lazard?

Also, do you think we might bring Lane Taylor back?
Tonyan is a restricted FA and Lazard isnt going to be drawing a ton of attention from other teams

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#110 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 pm

No idea if there'll be a market for the undrafted guys. I mean, Allison was god awful last season and yet still got some guaranteed money from another NFL team (granted, it was the Lions...). I expect Lazard to get some multi-year offers from teams outside of Green Bay.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#111 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

https://youtu.be/Z0eqNPiXgmk

Interesting video about Pats defense vs Rams in SB.

To anyone who knows football better than I do:

isn’t this basically the same D we used to shut down TEN’s run/play-action?

Or does it just look like it superficially (with the 5-6 wide dline)?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#112 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

Read on Twitter
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#113 » by neiLz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:35 pm

We also have to take consideration that other teams are in cap hell. Packers are around 20 mil over for next year. Cuts are happening. Zadarius, Rodgers, bahk can all restructure to save cap room. Adam extension will clear cap. Cuts to preston, Lowry, wagner, kirksey saves about 20 mil or so.

That means even with cuts and restructures the packers might get to around 10-20 mil under the cap before signing rookies. Pack have 10 picks so I expect them to use them all to fill out roster..

Other teams will do the same. Lots of vets will be cut and available. I think jones linsley are at the top of the market so I don't expect packers to resign them. King probably not.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#114 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#115 » by sdn40 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Don't know if this has been posted, but it's a must watch.
50 minutes of Davante and Sherman on PFF Collinsworth. Great stuff

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#116 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Wonder if he was around anyone that's now gotta sit.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#117 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 pm

JFC, I hope he wasn't out there practicing with the team this week at all.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#118 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:50 am

Read on Twitter
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#119 » by ibanezjp » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 am

Now we wait on pins and needles each of the next 3 days to see if anyone else tests positive. This is gonna be a scary 3 days to game time.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#120 » by MoreTrife » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

Reporting that "standard context tracing" showed no close contacts as the offensive lineman meet in auditorium spaced out. Sweet sassy molassy that could've been bad and your still hold you breath as they test going forward

Return to Green Bay Packers