Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Christian Wood didn’t want to leave Detroit 

Post#261 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Manocad wrote:
vege wrote:
DetroitSho wrote: are we going to hear about this every time he scores 20+?

He only scored 18 today, and Weaver is still and imbecile who gave him away to Houston.

He also gave Bruce Brown away for absolutely nothing, Bruce Brown scored 16 today and helped Brooklyn beat the Grantless Denver without Kyrie Irving the prima dona.

Would you rather have Deividas Sirvydis or Bruce Brown? Weaver decided to go with 3 years of Deividas Sirvydis :banghead:

If Bruce Brown is part of your rebuilding plan I can assure you you're doing it wrong. Arguing that Weaver could have gotten more for Bruce Brown is a fair point, but look at it this way--why would you feel bad about losing a player who in no way should be considered part of the long term rebuilding plan to instead have a player who contributes less toward winning games during the rebuild? To me that's a GOOD rebuild move. Winning games right now is not good for the Pistons' cause.
At this point I can't even keep up. I'm not going to make it through the season with some of these takes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#262 » by Han Solo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Grant >>>>> Wood.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,485

Post#263 » by whitehops » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Han Solo wrote:Grant >>>>> Wood.

i think troy weaver might have been the only person in the world who thought singing grant over wood was a good idea (or signing grant to that contract at all) but man does he look smart now.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#264 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Grant is looking better so far
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#265 » by vege » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 pm

whitehops wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Grant >>>>> Wood.

i think troy weaver might have been the only person in the world who thought singing grant over wood was a good idea (or signing grant to that contract at all) but man does he look smart now.

The choice wasn't Grant over Wood. It was Stewart and Wright(Ariza) for a future 1st and Wood(raw capspace).
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#266 » by vege » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Manocad wrote:
vege wrote:
DetroitSho wrote: are we going to hear about this every time he scores 20+?

He only scored 18 today, and Weaver is still and imbecile who gave him away to Houston.

He also gave Bruce Brown away for absolutely nothing, Bruce Brown scored 16 today and helped Brooklyn beat the Grantless Denver without Kyrie Irving the prima dona.

Would you rather have Deividas Sirvydis or Bruce Brown? Weaver decided to go with 3 years of Deividas Sirvydis :banghead:

If Bruce Brown is part of your rebuilding plan I can assure you you're doing it wrong. Arguing that Weaver could have gotten more for Bruce Brown is a fair point, but look at it this way--why would you feel bad about losing a player who in no way should be considered part of the long term rebuilding plan to instead have a player who contributes less toward winning games during the rebuild? To me that's a GOOD rebuild move. Winning games right now is not good for the Pistons' cause.

Bruce Brown has more talent than a bunch of guys in our roster, he plays hard and he always did what Casey asked. He is a versatile player. He is a NBA level talent, a bench player, and a team need some of those. We need talent badly, we gave away a lot of talent, despite how little talent we had, this offseason, for nothing.

I don't think he would've given us more wins than Wayne Ellington for example, if he did, that means he developed into a good player, which is what you want from your young players.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#267 » by thesack12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 pm

Manocad wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Manocad wrote:By that definition, you're whining. :D

I can see how one could interpret it as such. The difference being, I don't bemoan other posters for expressing their opinions. I simply called attention to the irony of such practices.
“He’s gone; move on already” doesn’t equate to “Your opinion is different than mine, so stop posting it.” It’s simply alluding to a desire for more constructive topics.

Sure it is a matter of difference of opinion.

What is considered a "constructive" posts/topic is entirely up for one's interpretation. Requesting posts to be more "constructive" based on your own personal criteria, probably isn't considered a "constructive" post to the people residing on the other side of the fence on said topic.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#268 » by edmunder_prc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Grant would look even better if he were playing pick and roll with Wood. Holy smokes that would be fun.

Grant would look even better if he were playing with a big that could shoot the 3 and made the defense pull out of the lane. It would be a dunk-a-thon of Grant turning the corner on a pick and slamming it down.

Bruce Brown - not traded
Josh Jackson
Bey - Lets say Svi or even Kennard if not traded.
Grant
Wood

Was entirely feasible and something people on here were calling for - at least - why did we get rid of Bruce Brown and why didnt we pay Wood what he wanted to stay.

The above team would still be a lottery team probably, and players could be "shut down" or "injured" for a while if we needed to lose a few games.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#269 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

His 3 point shooting is starting to dip this year. Wonder if teams are done leaving him space out there. Hes not the type to create his own shot so they might not be giving him the time he needs as teams have to be game planning for him now.

Just speculation though as I haven't really watched a live game. But he is shooting twice as many 3s so far and only hitting at a 27% clip.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#270 » by Manocad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:22 am

thesack12 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
I can see how one could interpret it as such. The difference being, I don't bemoan other posters for expressing their opinions. I simply called attention to the irony of such practices.
“He’s gone; move on already” doesn’t equate to “Your opinion is different than mine, so stop posting it.” It’s simply alluding to a desire for more constructive topics.

Sure it is a matter of difference of opinion.

What is considered a "constructive" posts/topic is entirely up for one's interpretation. Requesting posts to be more "constructive" based on your own personal criteria, probably isn't considered a "constructive" post to the people residing on the other side of the fence on said topic.

Straw man. Whatever. It’s an Internet message board. I expect that people will bitch, and I expect that people will bitch about the people bitching. But if you want to bitch about the people bitching about the people bitching and expect to be heard, get a dog. That dog will be a better audience.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#271 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am

So people wanted us to:

Keep Wood
Keep Brown
Sign Grant
Sign Jackson

Wood - Okafor? - Stewart
Blake - Grant - Sekou
Grant - Bey - Svi
Jackson - Svi - Brown
Hayes - Rose - Brown

Late Lotto, borderline playoff team that's stuck on the treadmill unless Hayes becomes a stud!

I thought people hated the treadmill?

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#272 » by BDM22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 am

Pharaoh wrote:So people wanted us to:

Keep Wood
Keep Brown
Sign Grant
Sign Jackson

Wood - Okafor? - Stewart
Blake - Grant - Sekou
Grant - Bey - Svi
Jackson - Svi - Brown
Hayes - Rose - Brown

Late Lotto, borderline playoff team that's stuck on the treadmill unless Hayes becomes a stud!

Keeping Wood is still way better in terms of capitalizing on assets. Finding a 20/10 guy and ending up with nothing to show for it a year later is just poor decision making. If you're afraid of the treadmill, he's a great trade asset who could certainly land you a quality 1st round pick at any point of his 3-year deal. It was clear to all of us that he was going to put up big numbers this year.

In terms of picking Grant over Wood if you have to choose (which we didn't have to), I'll say that while Grant is better, it does leave us in a situation where it pretty much seals Sekou's fate in not developing with this team (barring major coaching changes or injuries). I don't know if Sekou would turn into anything special, but the advantage of Wood is it leaves a lot more playing time for the SF/PF's we've used 1st rounders on the last 2 years. So it's a bit like trading Wood and Sekou's potential for Grant IMO.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#273 » by Piston Pete » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

BDM22 wrote:

Keep Wood
Keep Brown
Sign Grant
Sign Jackson

Wood - Okafor? - Stewart
Blake - Grant - Sekou
Grant - Bey - Svi
Jackson - Svi - Brown
Hayes - Rose - Brown

Keeping Wood is still way better in terms of capitalizing on assets. Finding a 20/10 guy and ending up with nothing to show for it a year later is just poor decision making. If you're afraid of the treadmill, he's a great trade asset who could certainly land you a quality 1st round pick at any point of his 3-year deal. It was clear to all of us that he was going to put up big numbers this year.

In terms of picking Grant over Wood if you have to choose (which we didn't have to), I'll say that while Grant is better, it does leave us in a situation where it pretty much seals Sekou's fate in not developing with this team (barring major coaching changes or injuries). I don't know if Sekou would turn into anything special, but the advantage of Wood is it leaves a lot more playing time for the SF/PF's we've used 1st rounders on the last 2 years. So it's a bit like trading Wood and Sekou's potential for Grant IMO.

Well said, agreed.

Signing Grant just made SF/PF a logjam.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#274 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Piston Pete wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

Keep Wood
Keep Brown
Sign Grant
Sign Jackson

Wood - Okafor? - Stewart
Blake - Grant - Sekou
Grant - Bey - Svi
Jackson - Svi - Brown
Hayes - Rose - Brown

Well said, agreed.

Signing Grant just made SF/PF a logjam.

Could see Sekou getting traded eventually
Sort
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#275 » by Sort » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Man, debating Christian Wood this much definitely is telling of this season.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#276 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 pm

We could have had all 3 though

And Sekou could be getting minutes as we'd simply play Blake or Grant or Sekou as the small ball 5.

Except Sekou isn't ready for minutes! He hasn't looked all that good when he's played tbh but hopefully he'll get it together soon
BDM22 wrote:

Keep Wood
Keep Brown
Sign Grant
Sign Jackson

Wood - Okafor? - Stewart
Blake - Grant - Sekou
Grant - Bey - Svi
Jackson - Svi - Brown
Hayes - Rose - Brown

Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#277 » by Piston Pete » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:26 pm

Has Hayes looked awesome?
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#278 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 pm

No but obviously PG is a little bit different and they view him in a different light
Piston Pete wrote:Has Hayes looked awesome?

Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#279 » by Piston Pete » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Pharaoh wrote:No but obviously PG is a little bit different and they view him in a different light
Piston Pete wrote:Has Hayes looked awesome?

But you can’t argue both ways.

Sekou looks raw. Well, dude is only 20 years old and has a coach that won’t play him.

Hayes looks just as raw, if not worse. But Casey was fine playing him. Let alone STARTING him. If he didn’t get hurt, he would have developed as the season went on.

That’s not happening w/Sekou because he’s not being played.

Casey is obviously treating them different.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#280 » by 440BB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Apples and oranges. Sekou is in a position with a number of others ahead of him in experience, while Hayes was put in his position because Rose can't play major minutes anymore. Sekou came in as a raw project while Hayes was expected to be ready to some degree.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver

Return to Detroit Pistons