LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HypeMode
Junior
And1: 1,598

LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#1 » by HypeMode » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

So many people give an asterisk to LeBron's Cleveland title because he played with 2* All-stars. In reality, he should get extra credit for being the only player or team who has been able to win with Kyrie. Cleveland pre-LeBron couldn't win with Kyrie. Boston couldn't win Kyrie. Brooklyn can't win with Kyrie. LeBron is the only one has been able to figure out how to at least temporarily turn Kyrie into a winning basketball team.

We never heard a peep about Kyrie being disgruntled with LeBron because he wouldn't tolerate that crap. He leaves Cleveland and all of a sudden he is a problem child again. It can't be a coincidence that Boston made 3 conference finals without Kyrie and we never heard a word about locker room issues during those years. Kyrie plays one year and its the worst locker room and they win less games than normal.
KO7
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Re: LeBron should get credit for winning with Kyrie 

Post#2 » by KO7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

I agree with your points, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that Kyrie was also incredible for that 2016 Finals. Lebron was even better of course.
HiJiNX wrote:Ngl I think I could pull Savanna Hamilton.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#3 » by Dave DaButcher » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

And while Kyrie destroys yet another locker room with his endless drama-filled antics, LeBron remains the epitome of professionalism.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,533

Post#4 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

The LeBron haters will appear any second now to explain how it was actually Kyrie "the real alpha" who carried LeBron in their years together in Cleveland.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,289

Post#5 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:35 pm

I've said it before: Kyrie Irving would be seen as just another selfish chucking loser if LeBron hadn't come back to Cleveland and brought them a ring. He's hit basically 1 clutch playoff shot in his entire career and somehow gets the same amount of credit for that 2016 ring as James. Without LeBron, Kyrie is just a smaller Antwan Jamison
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#6 » by jg77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

I think Kyrie was a bit different before the chip.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#7 » by dlts20 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Meh. I always take up for lebron but you are dealing with a different animal after a guy wins a title. You saw what happened the next year. Even Lebron can't deal with this cat anymore
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#8 » by Optms » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 pm

One of Lebron's many fathered children. Yes.
Doranku
Veteran
And1: 5,803

Post#9 » by Doranku » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 pm

Bornstellar wrote:I've said it before: Kyrie Irving would be seen as just another selfish chucking loser if LeBron hadn't come back to Cleveland and brought them a ring. He's hit basically 1 clutch playoff shot in his entire career and somehow gets the same amount of credit for that 2016 ring as James. Without LeBron, Kyrie is just a smaller Antwan Jamison

This is just disingenuous. I understand not liking the guy, but boiling down his 2016 performance to "hitting basically 1 clutch shot" is completely unfair. The man thoroughly outplayed the unanimous, b2b MVP in a 7 game finals series.

Kyrie's game 5 in the finals is one of the best finals performances of all-time. 41 points on a ridiculous 17-24 shooting in a road elimination game.

He obviously wasn't as good or as important as LeBron, but he earned his respect for that run.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,248

Post#10 » by mademan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Doranku wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:I've said it before: Kyrie Irving would be seen as just another selfish chucking loser if LeBron hadn't come back to Cleveland and brought them a ring. He's hit basically 1 clutch playoff shot in his entire career and somehow gets the same amount of credit for that 2016 ring as James. Without LeBron, Kyrie is just a smaller Antwan Jamison

This is just disingenuous. I understand not liking the guy, but boiling down his 2016 performance to "hitting basically 1 clutch shot" is completely unfair. The man thoroughly outplayed the unanimous, b2b MVP in a 7 game finals series.

Kyrie's game 5 in the finals is one of the best finals performances of all-time. 41 points on a ridiculous 17-24 shooting in a road elimination game.

He obviously wasn't as good or as important as LeBron, but he earned his respect for that run.

Kyries amazing and talented af, and he played incredible the entire finals. The impressive part is keeping Kyrie's crazy locked up for 3 years
Mansurton
Sophomore
And1: 182

Post#11 » by Mansurton » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Man is a mental midget even though he claims to be woke and a genius. Dude needs to get his head out of his ass and come back to earth
BlackNoir
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#12 » by BlackNoir » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.
Also helps to have Curry hurt and DPOY out with a bogus suspension.
Bornstellar
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Doranku wrote:

I never boiled his entire performance down to 1 shot. I said he has basically only HIT one clutch shot in his career and people act like he won the title for LeBron.
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#14 » by israelfirst » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 pm

kyrie saved lebron in that finals. lebron would have an even worse nba finals record without kyrie to save him
Doranku
Veteran
And1: 5,803

Post#15 » by Doranku » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm

mademan wrote:
Doranku wrote:

Kyries amazing and talented af, and he played incredible the entire finals. The impressive part is keeping Kyrie's crazy locked up for 3 years

A shame it couldn't have been longer. Kyrie was in the perfect position in Cleveland, leaving was his biggest mistake imo. He could have naturally grown into the #1 option during LeBron's twilight years while having the perfect complement to his game alongside him. Everything that Kyrie lacks in his game & personality was covered by LeBron.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,540

Post#16 » by Alatan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Maybe Lebron is the reason Kyrie is this way. He saw LBJ getting his way everywhere he goes so he thinks its how it should be with him too.
Bornstellar
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 pm

BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.

See what I mean with this clownish take?

29.7/11/9/2.6/2.3 on 49% shooting (this is considered "mediocre?" LMAO)

vs

27/4/4/2/1 on 47% shooting

Yeah, Kyrie totally won LeBron that ring by underperforming him in every facet :crazy:
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Post#18 » by Lunartic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Kyrie's ego grew after winnign the title with Lebron. If anything, Lebron turned him evil.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,172

Post#19 » by donnieme » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Alatan wrote:Maybe Lebron is the reason Kyrie is this way. He saw LBJ getting his way everywhere he goes so he thinks its how it should be with him too.

Yeah and Lebron also gave Kyrie his first cigarette joint and introduced him to smoking.

We're talking about grown men here
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#20 » by Optms » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm

BlackNoir wrote:Weak take, you realize that Kyrie won him that ring right? He played lights out that finals and was clutch with Lebum was mediocre.

If it wasn't for Lebron, Kyrie would still be selling meat out of truck in Minneapolis.

Lebron made 8 straight Finals. Pay your blessings and keep it moving.

Return to The General Board