ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread 

Post#861 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:21 am

We'll always have our ESPN virtual championship last year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#862 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,262

Post#863 » by soboMP3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 am

I had a hunch it was going to be a long night after the first possession. Badgers missed and the Michigan bench stood up screaming and doing crowd chants. Michigan misses their first and Wisconsin bench just sitting there sulking. Looked similar to the Maryland game.
bhchrist
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#864 » by bhchrist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:52 am

Michigan was extremely impressive. One good thing is the loss only counts once. Move on. That defense was legit.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,638

Post#865 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:05 am

soboMP3 wrote:I had a hunch it was going to be a long night after the first possession. Badgers missed and the Michigan bench stood up screaming and doing crowd chants. Michigan misses their first and Wisconsin bench just sitting there sulking. Looked similar to the Maryland game.

Couldn't recover from the walk-ons' insufficient enthusiasm.imo

Oh well, on to Rutgers. The battle of "Ope" vs "Hey, I'm Walkin' Here."
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,863

Post#866 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Not sure if this was expected, not a name I'd heard much.

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#867 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Looking at his highlights it looks like he can certainly dribble in a straight line and two hand dunk.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#868 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

To me Reuvers has taken a step back this year so far. Being this is only his 4th year (after having to burn his RS midway into the season), wouldn't surprise me if he comes back next year. Could really use him as they'd be really young/thin at bigs without him. Something like he and Davison both come back to kind of bridge the gap to the next years and hopefully not have to have a bad year in the middle.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,863

Post#869 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Not fair to pin everything on Reuvers but the drop off in his play is definitely going to hold the team back. We need him to be able to be a legit option on offense when the outside shots aren't falling and to be at least reliable on defense if not a plus since Potter isn't.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,698

Post#870 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Looking at his highlights it looks like he can certainly dribble in a straight line and two hand dunk.

And shoot and run the floor and drive to the hoop. His tape is really impressive

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,638

Post#871 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

I see a guy with bounce, a big with range and a non-objectionable haircut. The big question: does he have a pure heart?

Does this affect Bowman's status?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,161
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#872 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

His release looks fast as hell alongside being 6'8". Can't hurt if the shots fall. He must be lacking elsewhere in his game if he is 6'8", quick release, seems like he can get up in the air, and can shoot. I would imagine it's a speed/agility issue given the lack of offers.

Yeah, hard to know with guys potentially coming back, but I've wondered how many spots they have left for Bowman and if they have assumed he is gone.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#873 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm

I'd guess limited off the bounce ability for him. And yes he's athletic enough, but compared to other high major D1 athletes he's average at best. Which for many programs that's a problem. For UW though, he can pick/pop for days and contribute. In that tape to me that shot form kind of out in front instead of above isn't ideal, but obviously it goes in. So if he has the space it's perfectly fine, in our offense he should get plenty of catch/shoot. You know I'm all about shooting so I like this kid and think he has a chance. But yes it leads questions to how many spots are left and what workarounds they have in place if some guys come back. Say, is this kid ok with one year as RS then four as scholarship. Stuff like that.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,698

Post#874 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm

He's plenty athletic.

He only played two years stateside and one of those was this goofy Covid year and probably didn't' t play AAU this summer so maybe he's sort of flown under the radar?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#875 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Looking at his highlights it looks like he can certainly dribble in a straight line and two hand dunk.

And shoot and run the floor and drive to the hoop. His tape is really impressive

Pointless to argue with him. Gotta have 5* recruits and thegreatestcoachwhoevercoached to make him happy.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#876 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 pm

buckboy wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Pointless to argue with him. Gotta have 5* recruits and thegreatestcoachwhoevercoached to make him happy.

I mean, this was the highlight tape in the link.

Read on Twitter
buckboy
RealGM

Post#877 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
buckboy wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

I mean, this was the highlight tape in the link.

Read on Twitter

"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#878 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:34 pm

I'm just saying I wasn't dogging him at all. I was literally commenting on the two minute highlight footage I'd seen of him running in straight lines and doing two handed dunks. I hope he's awesome.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#879 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm just saying I wasn't dogging him at all. I was literally commenting on the two minute highlight footage I'd seen of him running in straight lines and doing two handed dunks. I hope he's awesome.

Did the 2nd video help at all? He can clearly shoot it.
bhchrist
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#880 » by bhchrist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

chonestown wrote:I see a guy with bounce, a big with range and a non-objectionable haircut. The big question: does he have a pure heart?

Does this affect Bowman's status?

Nope. Plenty of room in 2021. Bowman return would still leave two spaces. From the Buckyville Board. Of course, they will want room in 2022, as they are after some pretty good prospects.

Wahl
Hedstrom
Davis
Davis
Carlson
Crowl

4 freshmen makes 10:
Hepburn
Hodges
Mors
Ilver

Return to Milwaukee Bucks