ImageImageImageImageImage

Oladipo to Rockets for LeVert

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Re: Oladipo to Rockets for LeVert 

Post#21 » by mdenny » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:02 pm

Every pick and swap the rockets got from 2022 onward could potentially be a lottery one. That accounts for six of them.

Durant and harden could both leave after next season and that team has the potential to fall off HARD after losing their best young players and assets.
biblast
RealGM
And1: 4,799

Post#22 » by biblast » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 pm

I don’t understand how Indiana managed to unload an often injured player who’s a UFA at the end of this season and get Caris Levert one of the most promising young talent!! That’s a major coup for Indiana!!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#23 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 pm

I think he'll take the 25+ million extension with Houston now. Tax free state.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#24 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

biblast wrote:I don’t understand how Indiana managed to unload an often injured player who’s a UFA at the end of this season and get Caris Levert one of the most promising young talent!! That’s a major coup for Indiana!!

For a player (Caris) even more injury-prone than Victor
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Post#25 » by KrazyP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 pm

biblast wrote:I don’t understand how Indiana managed to unload an often injured player who’s a UFA at the end of this season and get Caris Levert one of the most promising young talent!! That’s a major coup for Indiana!!

Caris LeVert - 30% usage with a .514% TS%....he's basically just a inefficent shot chucker at this point. He's also 26 years old so not exactly that young. Also injury prone.

The current version of Oladipo isnt that much better either...fair trade.
treerollins
Senior
And1: 290

Post#26 » by treerollins » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Somehow the Cavs win this trade.

Will be interesting to see how LeVert does in Indiana. For me it's a toss up whether they improved but maybe they benefit by getting out of having to offer Dipo a max deal.

BK will be good but their defense and rebounding are going to be a real struggle. Do Kyrie and Harden even care about basketball? I can already picture them walking off the court hanging their heads in one of the team's half dozen corny jerseys.

Rockets should have took the 6'ers offer. At least Ben Simmons is exciting and could have gave them some identity. Dipo is playing for a contract and Wall wants to prove himself so I guess they'll stay mid tier competitive.
waiting for ai referees
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#27 » by plainballing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

mdenny wrote:Every pick and swap the rockets got from 2022 onward could potentially be a lottery one. That accounts for six of them.

Durant and harden could both leave after next season and that team has the potential to fall off HARD after losing their best young players and assets.

History repeats itself.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg

Return to Toronto Raptors