ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets get Harden

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Re: Nets get Harden 

Post#221 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 pm

baller16 wrote:
raptorstime wrote:Lakers Nets Finals

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Not a chance. The Nets are beyond stacked now, no one can match their fire power.

Kyrie/Harden/KD on paper should be better than Curry/Klay/KD, so I can't imagine how crazy they're going to look

u gotta remember they still had depth. they had Draymond and kind of prime iggy. nets have literally 0 depth. what? durants gonna play 48 minutes? harden 48? irving 48? they have no bench now and no C. AD drops 40 a night on this team now
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#222 » by Yosemite Dan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Yeah the roster is stacked...for a video game. They're not getting to the finals with KD, Harden and Kyrie. KD thrived in GS because the splash brothers shot the ball as soon as they got it and you had Klay and Green actually playing defense. They didn't hold on to it for 20 seconds. Its gonna be a hot mess with Kyrie and Harden playing keep away and standing around on both ends when they don't get the ball. KD will be thrilled. If Harden isn't holding the ball 75% of the time he's not gonna be very impactful. They'll enjoy regular season success but as soon as it gets to the tightness of the playoffs they're gonna implode. Don't know why KD really wants this but you make him the GM then it never ends well. Should be entertaining. I doubt Lebron is very worried.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#223 » by brownbobcat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:Yeah the roster is stacked...for a video game. They're not getting to the finals with KD, Harden and Kyrie. KD thrived in GS because the splash brothers shot the ball as soon as they got it and you had Klay and Green actually playing defense. They didn't hold on to it for 20 seconds. Its gonna be a hot mess with Kyrie and Harden playing keep away and standing around on both ends when they don't get the ball. KD will be thrilled. If Harden isn't holding the ball 75% of the time he's not gonna be very impactful. They'll enjoy regular season success but as soon as it gets to the tightness of the playoffs they're gonna implode. Don't know why KD really wants this but you make him the GM then it never ends well. Should be entertaining. I doubt Lebron is very worried.

I'm imagining them absolutely destroying teams with a high screen PNR action with Harden/Durant. They could run that all day long and iso any time they feel like it or the play breaks down.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#224 » by bluerap23 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:44 pm

_MidNight_ wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Allen and Prince would have been perfect for our team. All it took was a late 1st rounder for the Cavs.

I don't understand why we couldn't ship norm for both of theses guys without the pick.

Norm >>> Exum and a very late 1st

I guess you don't understand what is and what isn't an asset.

Norm is not an asset.

A 1st round pick is an asset/
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#225 » by Yosemite Dan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:Yeah the roster is stacked...for a video game. They're not getting to the finals with KD, Harden and Kyrie. KD thrived in GS because the splash brothers shot the ball as soon as they got it and you had Klay and Green actually playing defense. They didn't hold on to it for 20 seconds. Its gonna be a hot mess with Kyrie and Harden playing keep away and standing around on both ends when they don't get the ball. KD will be thrilled. If Harden isn't holding the ball 75% of the time he's not gonna be very impactful. They'll enjoy regular season success but as soon as it gets to the tightness of the playoffs they're gonna implode. Don't know why KD really wants this but you make him the GM then it never ends well. Should be entertaining. I doubt Lebron is very worried.

I'm imagining them absolutely destroying teams with a high screen PNR action with Harden/Durant. They could run that all day long and iso any time they feel like it or the play breaks down.

I'm imagining 2 headcases trying to get thiers and limiting KD's effectiveness (who needs the ball in his hands quite a bit to be the most effective). And then for good measure will undermine the coach. And none of these guys are Lebron, who's much smarter, and learned to adapt and change his style to maximize his effectiveness with Wade and Kyrie. Unless they trade away Kyrie for some decent size and depth then its gonna be a train wreck in the playoffs. This trio as is are not getting a sniff of the title. Last time KD played GM was not too long ago partnering with Kyrie which has already been a disaster.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#226 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Like I said in that 90 page thread....we were never even in the running. Glad it's over.

Nets give up 7 years of picks again astoundingly. Cleveland made out like a bandit.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#227 » by asuran » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:00 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:
I'm imagining 2 headcases trying to get thiers and limiting KD's effectiveness (who needs the ball in his hands quite a bit to be the most effective). And then for good measure will undermine the coach. And none of these guys are Lebron, who's much smarter, and learned to adapt and change his style to maximize his effectiveness with Wade and Kyrie. Unless they trade away Kyrie for some decent size and depth then its gonna be a train wreck in the playoffs. This trio as is are not getting a sniff of the title. Last time KD played GM was not too long ago partnering with Kyrie which has already been a disaster.

Tho I don't think it will be a disaster I do think they will need to work on chemistry and get a working system.
Love Steve Nash but it is still his first year and has no real head coaching experience.

Nets have the talent and ability to keep hitting shots after shots. But X's and O's are important during playoffs and if they don't get that sorted they' might not get all the way to the finals.

And I've been wondering if Kyrie is gonna ask Harden to join him on a personal day. LOL
Jokes, aside. Team chemistry is very important for championship contender. As we saw last year with the Clippers.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#228 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am

Probably not the case, but it will be funny if they can't make it work and the Nets have effectively just Billy King'd themselves again
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,169

Post#229 » by niQ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:02 am

Not sure if the "potential" Philly offer was posted here:

Read on Twitter
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#230 » by Inevitable » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:05 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Not a chance. The Nets are beyond stacked now, no one can match their fire power.

Kyrie/Harden/KD on paper should be better than Curry/Klay/KD, so I can't imagine how crazy they're going to look

u gotta remember they still had depth. they had Draymond and kind of prime iggy. nets have literally 0 depth. what? durants gonna play 48 minutes? harden 48? irving 48? they have no bench now and no C. AD drops 40 a night on this team now

They have two top 5 talents and a top 10-15 guy in Kyrie. That’s all you need. You can afford having very mediocre role players when you’re that top heavy especially in the East.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,457

Post#231 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 am

Wow, what a statement trade by the Nets. We thought the PG Clippers trade was crazy and this took it to another level. Nets have surrendered their future for a 3 year window to win a title.

Rockets are a huge winner here. They had no leverage and still got a massive haul in return. Kudos to them.

I like the trade for the Nets. I think they'll be able to make it work. They're the only team in the league with 3 guys that can average 30ppg.

Raptors never stood a chance and who can blame us. No point giving up $30m+ worth of talent and control of 7 firsts.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#232 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am

can Cavs flip us Allen???
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,547

Post#233 » by baller16 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Depth is overrated in the playoffs, we should know that by now. The only thing they lack is defense. When Harden locks in he's average, so the only real bad defender in their starting lineup is just Kyrie. Harris is considered an above average defender so overall I expect them to be top 12-15 defensively.

Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/Jordan

They still have Green, Shamet, Timothe, and Prince off the bench. All they need to do is stagger the lineups with at least 2 all-stars in every minute and they're good to go imo
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#234 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 am

i wanted to through the max at Allen but now that he is with the Cavs, they probably offer him the max and let Drummond go
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Post#235 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 am

It'll be interesting to see.

At least we're not the Bucks, who just gave up their future for this reality.
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst

Post#236 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:11 am

baller16 wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:

Depth is overrated in the playoffs, we should know that by now. The only thing they lack is defense. When Harden locks in he's average, so the only real bad defender in their starting lineup is just Kyrie. Harris is considered an above average defender so overall I expect them to be top 12-15 defensively.

Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/Jordan

They still have Green, Shamet, Timothe, and Prince off the bench. All they need to do is stagger the lineups with at least 2 all-stars in every minute and they're good to go imo

true. btw, no more prince, he's gone. jeff green old asf. timothe is good but inconsistent. only good bench player they have is a knockdown shooter in shamet
nivisi9
Senior
And1: 393

Post#237 » by nivisi9 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

This should be an interesting experiment to see how much Defense actually matters, if so Lakers may still be slightly better
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst

Post#238 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

Inevitable wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:

They have two top 5 talents and a top 10-15 guy in Kyrie. That’s all you need in the NBA. You can afford having very mediocre role players when you’re that top heavy.

ye ik but they dont have any mediocre role players outside of joe harris, maybe shamet since he is good at 3s. but the thing is, they have 3 ball dominant players. whereas in gsw, curry and durant shared the ball, klay was always off ball (best off ball scorer ever), draymond (only there for playmaking and defence)
biblast
RealGM
And1: 4,799

Post#239 » by biblast » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:i wanted to through the max at Allen but now that he is with the Cavs, they probably offer him the max and let Drummond go

Allen is good but he’s not a max player!
RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Post#240 » by RapsAndJays21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 am

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
baller16 wrote:

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Could be up for debate, but who exactly did the Lakers have for depth last year?
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.

Return to Toronto Raptors