ImageImageImage

Goodbye pre-season! 2020-2021 regular season thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Re: Goodbye pre-season! 2020-2021 regular season thread 

Post#401 » by BFRESH44 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 pm

AirP. wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I would have moved Bam to get Harden just to stop him from going to Brooklyn.

Who knows, maybe Miami will trade for PJ Tucker now. Even if they got Tucker and say a DeRozan or Aldridge or Lowry that team isn't really a threat to beat the Nets unless they have injuries.

And that would've been an incredibly dumb and short sighted move to make. What are you even saying, man? lol

I'm saying welcome to the early 2010s with Miami's big 3(except Brooklyn now) or the Western Conferences mid 2010's Golden State Warriors where teams in their conference have a pretty good idea there's no chance of getting to the finals. I've watched out this works for years now.

On moving Bam, I think Precious could handle the PF position and give you some of what Bam would give you, you'd have Butler, Harden and Herro for 2-3 more years together, maybe a little longer and not have to worry about 3 all world scorers in Brooklyn.

Not saying moving Bam for Harden is what I'd like for Miami but when it's also stopping him from going to Brooklyn it makes it something I would consider.

I'm not giving up a 23 old Swiss army knife big, who's already an all star and All NBA defender, and had 32-14-5 in a closeout game in the Eastern conference Bubble Finals. I'm especially not doing it for an out of shape 31 year who just quit on his team. What are you on bro?

And this ain't Miami 2010. Two of these dudes are in their 30's lol. And they are not LeBron.

And one of their main pieces is currently AWOL and is a flat earth weirdo
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,987

Post#402 » by carnageta » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Lmao. Here comes the panic.

No Riley/Spo lead team is about to trade away their star player in the middle of his prime and surrender just because another team got more talented. Lol, you guys are crazy..

Lot of question marks about this team. KD can be implemented in a system, but can Harden and Irving? There’s only 1 ball..

This to me isn’t equivalent to the Wade/Lebron/Bosh pairing - those were some really unselfish guys who wanted to win. This right here is more so the Kobe/Howard/Gasol/Nash bunch. I really only trust KD out of that group, but even then there’s no guarantee he will be healthy all season long.

Yeah let’s trade away our best players for picks and just tank cuz it’s over. Lol just listen to yourselves. Have some damn pride.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#403 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Would’ve looked much better in Heat colors :cry:

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#404 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#405 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Lifelong Brooklyn fan checking in.
Brooklyn vs lakers in the finals. Oof

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,820

Post#406 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:49 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:

And that would've been an incredibly dumb and short sighted move to make. What are you even saying, man? lol

I'm saying welcome to the early 2010s with Miami's big 3(except Brooklyn now) or the Western Conferences mid 2010's Golden State Warriors where teams in their conference have a pretty good idea there's no chance of getting to the finals. I've watched out this works for years now.

On moving Bam, I think Precious could handle the PF position and give you some of what Bam would give you, you'd have Butler, Harden and Herro for 2-3 more years together, maybe a little longer and not have to worry about 3 all world scorers in Brooklyn.

Not saying moving Bam for Harden is what I'd like for Miami but when it's also stopping him from going to Brooklyn it makes it something I would consider.

I'm not giving up a 23 old Swiss army knife big, who's already an all star and All NBA defender, and had 32-14-5 in a closeout game in the Eastern conference Bubble Finals. I'm especially not doing it for an out of shape 31 year who just quit on his team. What are you on bro?

And this ain't Miami 2010. Two of these dudes are in their 30's lol. And they are not LeBron.

I wouldn't put money on Brooklyn not trading Kyrie this season. There are a lot of teams that would give up players to acquire a talent like Kyrie who is on a long term contract, this of course would have to be done with KD's consent and he and Harden may have conspired for this to happen.

BTW, one of those "dudes" is a 7 foot incredible shooter, even when he loses a step he can still be a bigtime scorer that can't really be stopped from shooting over basically anyone.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#407 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm

AirP jumping ship coz Harden went to the Nets? It's a shame but I respect his decision.

Read on Twitter

that's all I gotta say about this mess. Players have too much power but it does work in your favor sometimes.

Personally, never wanted him in the first place tbh (check my avi)
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#408 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 am

AirP. wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
AirP. wrote:I'm saying welcome to the early 2010s with Miami's big 3(except Brooklyn now) or the Western Conferences mid 2010's Golden State Warriors where teams in their conference have a pretty good idea there's no chance of getting to the finals. I've watched out this works for years now.

I wouldn't put money on Brooklyn not trading Kyrie this season. There are a lot of teams that would give up players to acquire a talent like Kyrie who is on a long term contract, this of course would have to be done with KD's consent and he and Harden may have conspired for this to happen.

BTW, one of those "dudes" is a 7 foot incredible shooter, even when he loses a step he can still be a bigtime scorer that can't really be stopped from shooting over basically anyone.

I do not think Nets can trade Kyrie.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,896

Post#409 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 am

Soo the east is a lock for 2 years
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,475

Post#410 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Herro is a 20 YO looking like a future multiple allstar
Duncan Is top 3 shooter in the world
We're drafting great in recent years
Precious looking like a young Bam, who knows how good can he become
They also demand KZ and all the picks and swaps we'll have until 2028

I ain't trading all of that for a 31 out of shape guy that never got to a conference finals. FOH

That team you just described would be competing with the Cavs in terms of competitiveness for the next few yrs

You always take the homer baton and run out of bounds.

Dude's will reach the Finals with a good core and still favor cute headlines and potential over the substance. Jus say you'n like bruh, these rationalizations aren't worth it

Rightttt...the team that just went to the finals and could add a max free agent this season = the Cavs.

I rather be a homer that trust and enjoy our team then be a soft fanboy that cries because we didn't gut the team for a douchy underachiever star from another team.

Yes, I'm the one crying. Sheesh
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM

Post#411 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

IggieCC wrote:AirP jumping ship coz Harden went to the Nets? It's a shame but I respect his decision.

Read on Twitter

that's all I gotta say about this mess. Players have too much power but it does work in your favor sometimes.

Jump ship no, understand the situation, yes. I expect a "decent" trade from Miami, say DeRozan, Aldridge, or Lowry but it won't really help much to have a shot to get by Brooklyn in the next few years of playoffs. I think the Bucks and Philly have matchups(Giannis and Embiid) that may give the Nets issues, but Miami really doesn't have enough firepower at this time although Bam deciding to become a scorer would help greatly.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#412 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 am

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Really? I think a few teams who can't attract top tier FA would be interested in taking a chance on him. Orlando comes to mind, Detroit, Chicago, New York, and maybe some teams willing to take the chance for a younger better player like Utah(Conley), or Toronto(Lowry). Lowry in a package for Kyrie would probably make both teams better if Toronto could get Kyrie to be ok with the trade, they are willing to take a chance on talent.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#413 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 am

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Really? I think a few teams who can't attract top tier FA would be interested in taking a chance on him. Orlando comes to mind, Detroit, Chicago, New York, and maybe some teams willing to take the chance for a younger better player like Utah(Conley), or Toronto(Lowry). Lowry in a package for Kyrie would probably make both teams better if Toronto could get Kyrie to be ok with the trade, they are willing to take a chance on talent.

Nope I think Kyrie has a horrible reputation and I think GMs are fully aware of it. He will not play for any team.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#414 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 am

AirP. wrote:
IggieCC wrote:AirP jumping ship coz Harden went to the Nets? It's a shame but I respect his decision.

Read on Twitter

Jump ship no, understand the situation, yes. I expect a "decent" trade from Miami, say DeRozan, Aldridge, or Lowry but it won't really help much to have a shot to get by Brooklyn in the next few years of playoffs. I think the Bucks and Philly have matchups(Giannis and Embiid) that may give the Nets issues, but Miami really doesn't have enough firepower at this time although Bam deciding to become a scorer would help greatly.

I understand your frustration but you might wanna chill out with the East is locked for next 3 years.

wasn't East locked for 7 years when we had LeBron 26 Wade 29 Bosh 26 yo? we couldn't pull it off the first year and if the same thing happens to them Nets crew they will be left with 33 yo Harden and KD to going for their first chip together on year 2 with no FRP in sights and totally capped out. who knows Kyrie will be still in this league by then? Harden has a lot of wear and getting fat. KD is coming off an achilles tear and he broke his foot in the past as well. Kyrie is walking injuries. Not as scary as it sounds on paper.

Have a glass of wine or any drink of your choosing, and enjoy watching this one of the craziest basketball szns and report back in a few weeks P :beer:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,934

Post#415 » by Wiltside » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 am

Has to be Kawhi. Need Clips to choke and Kawhi to question long term viability of the roster.

Could team up with Bam, Butler, Herro and Robinson without having to be traded from memory.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#416 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 am

Wiltside wrote:Has to be Kawhi. Need Clips to choke and Kawhi to question long term viability of the roster.

Could team up with Bam, Butler, Herro and Robinson without having to be traded from memory.

There is always Brake Griffin and Joe Ingles MOD Wilts :x

Spoiler:
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#417 » by Bourne85 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:37 am

Last seasons bubble miracle has a lot of your opinions on this team and these players very diluted. We aren’t contenders, not at all.

Nothing has changed, we are still a treadmill team only we got worse this season and the Nets just got a big 3. Bucks have a damn good trio as well. 76ers are also a problem.

Like it or not, we are no where near these teams as contenders. We had a miracle run in the bubble and came crashing down to earth when AD and Lebron showed up.

League of Super stars and we don’t have the talent to contend.

IMO it’s time to blow it up. But I’m sure u guys are happy as 4-8th seed and only a matter of time you run into a team with real stars and then it’s over like last season.

Teams got better and we got worse. And now Bam got his bag. Next up D Rob n Herro for bags. We in no mans land
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#418 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 am

Bourne85 wrote:Last seasons bubble miracle has a lot of your opinions on this team and these players very diluted. We aren’t contenders, not at all.

Nothing has changed, we are still a treadmill team only we got worse this season and the Nets just got a big 3. Bucks have a damn good trio as well. 76ers are also a problem.

Like it or not, we are no where near these teams as contenders. We had a miracle run in the bubble and came crashing down to earth when AD and Lebron showed up.

League of Super stars and we don’t have the talent to contend.

IMO it’s time to blow it up. But I’m sure u guys are happy as 4-8th seed and only a matter of time you run into a team with real stars and then it’s over like last season.

Teams got better and we got worse. And now Bam got his bag. Next up D Rob n Herro for bags. We in no mans land

We were and still will be match-up dependent on how deep we go in the PO. Last season we got a perfect run, and had no HCA to deal with. This season the Nets add a new wrinkle to the PO seeding, and some teams are better (or just better coached). Our range is still 1st round exit to ECF.

We don’t need to blow it up, we just need to ensure we don’t put ourselves in salary cap hell (again). We will be able to trade for the next star we acquire, and in the meantime we’ve doing the very thing that got us Jimmy: being about winning and playing the right way.

We need to add the best piece(s) we can for Nunn/KO/Iggy and then plan to use our exceptions next year. If we do get a whale FA we can S&T like we did for Jimmy.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,699

Post#419 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:50 am

Wiltside wrote:Has to be Kawhi. Need Clips to choke and Kawhi to question long term viability of the roster.

He’s not leaving LA. He’ll find his way on the Lakers if he has to.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,961

Post#420 » by dshearn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm more upset about not getting Christian Wood for like 10 Mil in free agency then I am about not gutting current team and our future for Harden.

I wonder if the rockets see him as tradable.

Wood is worth first round draft choices....sky is the limit for him, and he is on a hell of a contract.

Return to Miami Heat