RealGM
And1: 11,000

Re: Who still wants Harden? 

Post#1981 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:25 am

BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
We get it. You want to trade Simmons.

Anything wrong with expressing that? I'm not the only one to say it. I'm merely just adding another tweet. Morey is smart, if he was willing to include Simmons now, he'll be willing to do it later, if he doesn't improve. Let's not act like I'm the only one repeating and beating the trade Ben Simmons drum.

Because you're baselessly interpreting every single tweet to fit into your own agenda

This is a forum. That's literally what everyone does here.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#1982 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 am

DCasey91 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Morey tells Rivers, you have till the deadline to get the most out of Ben, or else I'm trading his ass.

Yep the management has always been enamored with Simmons for this whole time

That’s why he’s super coddled

Don’t ever let players control management decisions

Should 100% be the other way around it’s their job if they suck at it fine they’ll be fired in due time.

Morey knows Harden inside and out and he knows what Simmons truely is.

Harden’s gone

Butler left

Beal?

Politics man

Fish goes from the head down

For all the critics of Jerry Krause he was a very very savvy GM. The Rodman move was genius, so was euro stashing kukoc.

Jordan loathed him even called him “crumbs”. But guess what if you looked at the moves he made they were very astute and most of the time bang on.

Trading Oakley for Cartwright

Getting Harper, Drafting Pippen etc etc etc etc

Jordan’s the GOAT but Jerry Krause doesn’t get the recognition he deserves imo. Turned a **** to a proverbial powerhouse under his tenure.

Getting Tex

The balls to fire Collins for Jackson was another masterstroke.

Ah well we still have Embiid. For how line who knows

Is this a telegram?
GDTBATH
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1983 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 am

eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Anything wrong with expressing that? I'm not the only one to say it. I'm merely just adding another tweet. Morey is smart, if he was willing to include Simmons now, he'll be willing to do it later, if he doesn't improve. Let's not act like I'm the only one repeating and beating the trade Ben Simmons drum.

Because you're baselessly interpreting every single tweet to fit into your own agenda

Right, which is why I'm also allowed to express my opinion that it's annoying.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#1984 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:28 am

BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Lol I guess so. I just find it amusing that you choose my post to get worked up about, when there is a large majority of the board that is sick of Ben.

Others are also thinking this is a possibility, so I'm not sure how baseless my thoughts are. It's the obvious pivot. It is likely that if Ben does not improve Morey will need to move him, or Embiid may ask for a trade.

Read on Twitter
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1985 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Tough decision waiting for Simmons: play really well this month and the next to be a lock for the super meaningful all star game, or play really bad to tank his value and avoid being traded? I still think the first is the most likely but cannot underestimate the hate that he has against Biid.

Yeah I’ve noticed that with Ben when All star selection comes around all of a sudden he gets his butt into gear it’s very egotistical

He’s been spoof fed most of his life and coasted on talent and never developed at a meaningful rate

Fwiw Embiid is a literal basketball savant
10 years from picking up a basketball so late to being legit MVP/DPOY candidate at 26 is a prodigy in my books.

I can see why one would be jealous

And the other one upset when he knows he’s far superior and all the players that wanted to play with him have left.

I wouldn’t blame Embiid for wanting to leave and being disgruntled but he knows he’s the heart and soul of this city’s aspirations

One is fully matured now

One certainly isnt.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#1986 » by phiphan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 am

BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Your style of moderation is annoying. Snarky and bullying.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#1987 » by phifans » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:38 am

the_process wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
the_process wrote:Price was way too high. It's a good thing the Sixers passed on Harden.

BKN mortgaging their future again is hysterical.

What in the world was Indiana thinking flipping Oladipo for only LeVert and a 2nd? That's an awful trade for them.

Dipo wanted out and Indy doesn't get FAs. LeVert is under contract for a bit and basically replaces what Dipo was bringing this year.

I missed where Dipo asked out. Ok, but Indy still should've gotten a 1st with LeVert instead of a 2nd. NBA GM's make some pretty bad trades.

Dipo is a random out after expiring for Indi I actually think it's a good deal and an underrated one just like TJ Warren and Brogden
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1988 » by stormi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 am

The unfortunate thing about Beal is that he's not a Kawhi, a Harden or an AD so it'd suck for him to be the ace that we give up our main tradable asset for. He can't boss an entire game or take over a playoff series. He puts up gaudy point totals that most of the time are peripheral to the outcome of the game, doesn't make the players around him better and is mediocre at best defensively.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1989 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:48 am

phiphan wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Your style of moderation is annoying. Snarky and bullying.

Thank you for your feedback. One issue is that I'm not moderating here. I am expressing my opinion as a fellow poster.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#1990 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am

For a team that wants young players, I'm kinda surprised that the Rockets didn't want any one of Shamet, Claxton, Perry, Brown, TLC.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#1991 » by GutUNC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 am

stormi wrote:The unfortunate thing about Beal is that he's not a Kawhi, a Harden or an AD so it'd suck for him to be the ace that we give up our main tradable asset for. He can't boss an entire game or take over a playoff series. He puts up gaudy point totals that most of the time are peripheral to the outcome of the game, doesn't make the players around him better and is mediocre at best defensively.

Beal's percentages are C.J. McCollum level - just with more attempts. Not saying McCollum is better then or equal to Beal, but I always feel like people think Beal is a 50%/42% shooter instead of the 45%/37% shooter he is.
GDTBATH
stormi
General Manager

Post#1992 » by stormi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:57 am

GutUNC wrote:
stormi wrote:The unfortunate thing about Beal is that he's not a Kawhi, a Harden or an AD so it'd suck for him to be the ace that we give up our main tradable asset for. He can't boss an entire game or take over a playoff series. He puts up gaudy point totals that most of the time are peripheral to the outcome of the game, doesn't make the players around him better and is mediocre at best defensively.

Beal's percentages are C.J. McCollum level - just with more attempts. Not saying McCollum is better then or equal to Beal, but I always feel like people think Beal is a 50%/42% shooter instead of the 45%/37% shooter he is.

The qualities of Beal are that he's a tireless volume scorer that can get to the line whenever he wants. Like a buffed Jimmy with worse defending. That player + Joel Embiid isn't enough. Maybe it is, if Embiid goes supernova and all of the depth like Shake and Maxey contribute. And Harris and Seth continue to shoot the lights out.

I think Green would have to get moved for another quality starter though.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#1993 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am

Arsenal wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah that's way too Fing much. Glad Morey isn't making crazy moves out of desperation.

Are you guys expecting Maxey to be some all star player? You win championships with stars y’all could’ve had two top 7 players but no let’s not giving up phantom picks and role players
stormi
General Manager

Post#1994 » by stormi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah that's way too Fing much. Glad Morey isn't making crazy moves out of desperation.

Are you guys expecting Maxey to be some all star player? You win championships with stars y’all could’ve had two top 7 players but no let’s not giving up phantom picks and role players

You're obsessed with coming onto another teams board and giving an opinion nobody asked for
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#1995 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:17 am

Tony Franciosa wrote:
Stanford wrote:We got unlucky that Brooklyn was so willing to give control of their draft for 7 years, plus players. Pretty well played otherwise. I think we were at a disadvantage because of the Morey thing.

read this again. people here would lose their minds if we were in this situation and lost 2 solid young players.

Let’s say you guys did that trade.

The first 4 years of picks are picks 27 and up basically worthless at that point. You lose Maxey whose “a solid” role player big deal you’re now true contenders and overwhelming favorites to won’t the East. If you win 1-2 championships with embiid/Harden who cares if you give up a top 10 pick in 8 years.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#1996 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 am

DCasey91 wrote:Embiid’s window is 4 years, maybe 5 if we’re lucky

If that was the offer and it was 100% legit I would have done it. Can’t live on hindsight or potential.

We all know who Harden is so any lowball offer would get thrown out the window

If it is true that they were never going to take the Simmons/Maxey/Thybulle and picks deal and use it as leverage fine.

But the reality is that package for everyone up in arms saying it’s too much

Hello Harden is a MVP, been a Top 5 finisher for the last 5 years. ATG production

Drops 50 triple doubles and has done one more than one occasion

I wouldn’t have lost any sleep over losing Simmons and Maxey (I’m high on him but by the time he’s ready it’ll be too late), (Thybulle ain’t it folks) and a number of picks (we all know the lottery is a crapshoot).

Remember the 76ers goes as far as Embiid goes once that goes the process starts all over again. Do you guys understand that? We’re on the clock here

It’s time to cash in the chips are hope for the best.

We saw what he did yesterday is well and truely ready to go now. How long that window will
be, it won’t be very long.

But if the rumors are true and we weren’t comfortable with the extra picks/Maxey to mortgage the future, ummm they ain’t going to be future once Embiid’s prime is finished.

The process starts all over again

Hinkie had it right
Get a superstar
Trade for one
Draft one

Harden? We are definelty ain’t getting a player better than that

Good luck trying to win by committee that ain’t going to work

Barkley always says to Shaq if I had Kobe and them boys I would won a chip. I mean he’s not wrong there
Hell give him pippen Rodman grant kukoc etc etc

Chamberlain needed west

...Every superstar needs help

This guy gets it!!
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1997 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Tony Franciosa wrote:
Stanford wrote:We got unlucky that Brooklyn was so willing to give control of their draft for 7 years, plus players. Pretty well played otherwise. I think we were at a disadvantage because of the Morey thing.

read this again. people here would lose their minds if we were in this situation and lost 2 solid young players.

The first 4 years of picks are picks 27 and up basically worthless at that point. You lose Maxey whose “a solid” role player big deal you’re now true contenders and overwhelming favorites to won’t the East. If you win 1-2 championships with embiid/Harden who cares if you give up a top 10 pick in 8 years.

Oh, I didn't realize the Rockets were offering guaranteed championships with Harden also
NYSixersFan wrote:
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#1998 » by blargh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

davesilver wrote:
blargh wrote:All I can say is, the Nets are gonna Net.

they really just mortgaged their future for a 30+ star... again.

Time is a flat circle, man. I honestly thought no NBA team was going to be stupid enough to trade that number of sequential FRPs and trade swaps ever again, but for that next team to be the Nets is...unbelievable.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#1999 » by AI_Efficiency » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Tony Franciosa wrote:

Yea, agree. If it’s accurate that we turned down Maxey, Simmons, Thybulle and picks for Harden that is awful. You never know if the reporting is accurate though.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#2000 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah I am glad, I mean, the goal is to do "smart moves", not about winning a championship, at all...

Thank you

People saying they are glad they didn’t give up this package

Well good luck winning anything with Harris as your elite 2nd option.

We went through the worst period of the NBA ever and all we have is a 2nd round 7 game series to show for it

Fwiw
Harden’s value on this board is way unders
And Simmons and a rookie as the centerpiece is way overs
Picks are a crapshoot anyway at the best of times

Fwiw Simmons value isn’t as high as some people think it is

And your not getting a player even close to Harden’s capability ever again.

Im leaning toward the Rockets using as leverage I don’t think they were ever going to take the deal in the first place.

We have a 3-4 year window that’s it
Then the whole thing starts again

Next in the barrel is Beal is the price is right I’d ship Simmons off today.

God forbid if Embiid has had enough and wants out.

Which is 100% understanable, Garnett situation all over again

People are clueless and what’s funnier is people would trade these packages for Beal not harden. Newsflash Beal isn’t half the player harden is put the damn hate aside man, harden in the East is making the playoffs every year u like Beal

Return to Philadelphia 76ers