ImageImageImage

Goodbye pre-season! 2020-2021 regular season thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Re: Goodbye pre-season! 2020-2021 regular season thread 

Post#421 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 am

Bourne85 wrote:Last seasons bubble miracle has a lot of your opinions on this team and these players very diluted. We aren’t contenders, not at all.

Nothing has changed, we are still a treadmill team only we got worse this season and the Nets just got a big 3. Bucks have a damn good trio as well. 76ers are also a problem.

Like it or not, we are no where near these teams as contenders. We had a miracle run in the bubble and came crashing down to earth when AD and Lebron showed up.

League of Super stars and we don’t have the talent to contend.

IMO it’s time to blow it up. But I’m sure u guys are happy as 4-8th seed and only a matter of time you run into a team with real stars and then it’s over like last season.

Teams got better and we got worse. And now Bam got his bag. Next up D Rob n Herro for bags. We in no mans land

Im tired of reading this lazy horse sh** narrative of last year being a “miracle run”. We owned Milwaukee all year long, thats a fact. We were pretty evenly matched with Boston all year long, thats also a fact. Yes some teams in the East have improved, that has no bearing on last year being a legitimate run.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,528

Post#422 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 am

Thaddeus Young still remains someone we should be looking into that we can afford.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#423 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 am

Not scared of Sixers or Milly, those teams are still playing basketball as if it's the 90's
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#424 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 am

Looking at current luxury tax teams: GSW, BKN, PHI, LAC, MIL, LAL, UTH. All but the first three are less than out TPE from the tax line, but only Jazz are not in full-on win-now mode (though they’re in they’re version of it). Also none of them have an expendable contract in the $5-7.5m range.

There are some non-competing teams with high (over $120m) payrolls, so we could look to use the TPE there. Wiz, Spurs, Cavs seem most out of place in that payroll range - Houston might also be looking to shed more $ after the Harden trade.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#425 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Thaddeus Young still remains someone we should be looking into that we can afford.

I'll take Thaddy and satoransky to-go
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#426 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:01 am

dshearn wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm more upset about not getting Christian Wood for like 10 Mil in free agency then I am about not gutting current team and our future for Harden.

I wonder if the rockets see him as tradable.

Wood is worth first round draft choices....sky is the limit for him, and he is on a hell of a contract.

They probably shouldn’t, but he’d fit so well with Bam.
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,228

Post#427 » by Dmcdani6 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 am

If I were Heat Id go after Tucker. I think he brings the toughness, corner 3, and has played some
Small ball center. Hes the guy.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#428 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 am

Bourne85 wrote:Last seasons bubble miracle has a lot of your opinions on this team and these players very diluted. We aren’t contenders, not at all.

Nothing has changed, we are still a treadmill team only we got worse this season and the Nets just got a big 3. Bucks have a damn good trio as well. 76ers are also a problem.

Like it or not, we are no where near these teams as contenders. We had a miracle run in the bubble and came crashing down to earth when AD and Lebron showed up.

League of Super stars and we don’t have the talent to contend.

IMO it’s time to blow it up. But I’m sure u guys are happy as 4-8th seed and only a matter of time you run into a team with real stars and then it’s over like last season.

Teams got better and we got worse. And now Bam got his bag. Next up D Rob n Herro for bags. We in no mans land

I'm with you in a sense about it being a star league but what would we be blowing up? Are you saying we should tank? This team may not be a contender but I wouldn't say we're necessarily a typical treadmill type team. We're not capped out(even with Duncan getting a bag), We actually have future picks for once(after this season) and we are still capable of creating a max slot. Right now the market it dry but James Harden wasnt on the table this time last year either so who knows who wants out next season. At this point for once as Heat fans we really should be patient.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,588

Post#429 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am

IggieCC wrote:I understand your frustration but you might wanna chill out with the East is locked for next 3 years.

wasn't East locked for 7 years when we had LeBron 26 Wade 29 Bosh 26 yo? we couldn't pull it off the first year and if the same thing happens to them Nets crew they will be left with 33 yo Harden and KD to going for their first chip together on year 2 with no FRP in sights and totally capped out. who knows Kyrie will be still in this league by then? Harden has a lot of wear and getting fat. KD is coming off an achilles tear and he broke his foot in the past as well. Kyrie is walking injuries. Not as scary as it sounds on paper.

Have a glass of wine or any drink of your choosing, and enjoy watching this one of the craziest basketball szns and report back in a few weeks P :beer:

Miami Finals
Miami Finals
Miami Finals
Miami Finals
That's the 4 years I remember from 2010 to 2014 when Miami had a big 3 and going 48-16 in the eastern conference playoffs those seasons with basically 2, possibly 3 teams that had any shot at competing with them 1 or 2 years of that 4 year run . Sure injuries happen but I don't really like adding the possibilities of other teams having injuries that to the equation of trying to build a championship team. I do think the Bucks and 76ers have players that make their matchups vs Brooklyn interesting, Miami not so much.

I think Harden and KD will be high level scorers into their mid to late 30s. Kyrie who knows how long, he talked about retiring young.

I just don't get the idea of making a trade for a 29 year old star and a year and half later only have add Iggy, renting Crowder and Hill for a year and adding low costing FA vets(Bradley, Harkless) to the roster, it just screams wasting assets if you're not going to go for it, why give up assets for Butler in the first place? Now add in watching that star have a couple of the best finals games ever and it gets even more odd for this FO to just sit on it's hands.

Even with adding someone like Lowry, DeRozen, Aldridge or going bigger with Beal, it's not going to be enough even though it gives Miami a small chance. Once again, the issue isn't Miami not getting Harden, without including Bam they weren't getting him, the issue is that Brooklyn got him adding him to KD and Kyrie and how wondering how badly Herro and/or Robinson may be abused when Brooklyn finally gets it going later in the season or in the playoffs.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,774

Post#430 » by Wiltside » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 am

Tbh we didn’t really give away any real assets when trading for Butler. Yeah we dealt JRich, but we got a significant upgrade in JB.

I’m not chicken littleing, but we definitely need to make a deal that improves the ceiling of this team. We need some size with shooting ability. Perhaps that means we target Vucevic or someone along those lines.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#431 » by QUIZ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 am

Wiltside wrote:Tbh we didn’t really give away any real assets when trading for Butler. Yeah we dealt JRich, but we got a significant upgrade in JB.

I’m not chicken littleing, but we definitely need to make a deal that improves the ceiling of this team. We need some size with shooting ability. Perhaps that means we target Vucevic or someone along those lines.

I’d love PJ Tucker depending on the price.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,228

Post#432 » by Dmcdani6 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am

QUIZ wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Tbh we didn’t really give away any real assets when trading for Butler. Yeah we dealt JRich, but we got a significant upgrade in JB.

I mean hes old and UFA, wouldnt an expiring a young prospect and a 2nd get it done?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#433 » by Wiltside » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 am

QUIZ wrote:

He’s a nice role player, but doesn’t really move the needle much. He’d be a handy Battier type guy for us though. Can’t imagine he’d cost much.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,312

Post#434 » by Beenie » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:38 am

Minny loses again and remains last in the West.

If that continues, I wonder how long before Kat and Russ want out.

I'd like Russ' fit with Mia.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,588

Post#435 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 am

You forgot that a 1st round pick was also sent out to make the money work. If this team was going to just not make big moves, why not keep Richardson, the first, let Whiteside walk, not move Winslow. Would the future for this team be brighter with those 2 players (Richardson and WInslow), the 1st rounder and maybe add a starter in FA vs having Butler for 3 more years?

The issue with Butler isn't how good he is, it's his age with him being 31, he's got a small window and Miami has made very few moves to take advantage of adding a star near the end of his prime.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#436 » by Wiltside » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 am

If you’d rather have Rich, Winslow and a first right now over Jimmy, I’m not sure what else to tell you.

Jimmy raised the ceiling of this team. As did moving Hassan to allow Bam to thrive. Our plan became unstuck via COVID, but let’s give the FO the benefit of the doubt that moves will be made. I’m sure they know we don’t have enough to compete with the big boys right now. Butler is 31, he still has a few high level years left.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#437 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 am

Nunn and Harkles for tucker?
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,135

Post#438 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 am

twix2500 wrote:Oladipo and Wall do not fit....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This Oladipo Miami connection has been the weirdest.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Post#439 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 am

twix2500 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He lives in Miami in the offseason if im not mistaken. Seems he’s been trying to play here for a while.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,135

Post#440 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He lives in Miami in the offseason if im not mistaken. Seems he’s been trying to play here for a while.

Oh I been known he wants to play for the Heat since he was in Orlando. The fact it hasn't happened is what's and the only reason that been said is the Heat do not like him personally. In which I've seen no signs of him being a bad person. He works hard and is very smart. Certainly has talent and fits a need on the Heat roster.

Heat have shown more interest in John Wall than Oladipo but I rather have Oladipo.

Return to Miami Heat