ImageImageImageImageImage

We should go after Drummond if we can get him reasonably

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Re: We should go after Drummond if we can get him reasonably 

Post#21 » by Los Manos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 am

Ugh.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#22 » by seanbig » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 am

If our goal is to try to reach 0.500 that would be ok but this draft sounds really really good
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#23 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:29 million, go ahead and try to make a trade without including lowry.

It could work in a 3-way with the Sixers. Along with the usual baggage, Sixers would send a couple of draft FRPs to Cleveland.

But why not take the draft picks for ourselves? Drummond (without Lowry) is not going to put us in the Finals, or even the ECF.

Is Drummond even worth 1 first round pick?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#24 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:29 million, go ahead and try to make a trade without including lowry.

It could work in a 3-way with the Sixers. Along with the usual baggage, Sixers would send a couple of draft FRPs to Cleveland.

But why not take the draft picks for ourselves? Drummond (without Lowry) is not going to put us in the Finals, or even the ECF.

Just to be clear, this proposal would send Lowry to the Sixers, crap and 2 FRPs to the Cavs, and Drummond to the Raps. Drummond's expiring may not be worth two FRPs, but Lowry is for a legit contender like the Sixers.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:15 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Just to be clear, this proposal would send Lowry to the Sixers, crap and 2 FRPs to the Cavs, and Drummond to the Raps. Drummond's expiring may not be worth two FRPs, but Lowry is for a legit contender like the Sixers.

Yeah. I think I understand the proposal.

What I'm saying is, I don't think Cleveland should get anything more than the crap/filler and maybe a couple of our second round picks. It makes more sense if those first round picks go to the Raptors.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#26 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:Is Drummond even worth 1 first round pick?

What I'm saying is, I don't think Cleveland should get anything more than the crap/filler and maybe a couple of our second round picks. It makes more sense if those first round picks go to the Raptors.

As I said above, I would rather deal with Sixers one-on-one, get the picks (and Maxey. if he really is obtainable), and not have to deal with the big hairy lug at all.
Useyourhead
Senior
And1: 486

Post#27 » by Useyourhead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 am

Maybe baynes plus norm plus some second round picks, agreed though, it would have been much better had we done it last year and used gasol. Wasted opportunity
Useyourhead
Senior
And1: 486

Post#28 » by Useyourhead » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:We would have went to the finals if we had Drummond instead of Gasol? I don't understand how Drummond would be able to defend the Celtics. That's a nightmare matchup for him.

He's just not that good especially as a starter. Maybe he can be a solid bench big in the future.

Gasol couldn't defend nor score on the Celtics, at least Drummond would have had the edge over Theis on the boards. Gasol literally gave us nothing and shot what felt like sub 25% during that series. He also didn't rack up any assists, was like two steps slow on help side d or provide rim protection either, so yea pretty much nothing.

Given how close we were to beating the celtics, I think Drummond would have pushed us over.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

As I said above, I would rather deal with Sixers one-on-one, get the picks (and Maxey. if he really is obtainable), and not have to deal with the big hairy lug at all.

Yes. I don't want Drummond either. I was just pointing out that Drummond will not net the Cavaliers a first round pick and was explaining how the Raptors would probably still manage to get 2 first round picks (or something of equal value) from a trade involving Drummond to the Raptors.

Let's move on. Neither of us want Drummond on the Raptors. lol
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#30 » by bstein14 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 am

He probably only makes sense if they would give up multiple firsts for Siakam, and Toronto thought they could do better with the cap space. I can't see that happening, but I think that is the only way something like this would be possible. They are really solid at the guard spots with their young guys.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:42 am

Useyourhead wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:We would have went to the finals if we had Drummond instead of Gasol? I don't understand how Drummond would be able to defend the Celtics. That's a nightmare matchup for him.

He's just not that good especially as a starter. Maybe he can be a solid bench big in the future.

Gasol couldn't defend nor score on the Celtics, at least Drummond would have had the edge over Theis on the boards. Gasol literally gave us nothing and shot what felt like sub 25% during that series. He also didn't rack up any assists, was like two steps slow on help side d or provide rim protection either, so yea pretty much nothing.

Given how close we were to beating the celtics, I think Drummond would have pushed us over.

I don't agree with you but ok. Cool.

What's your trade proposal or plan? What's our path getting back to contender level?

I just don't see the point in getting Andre Drummond. What will that accomplish? How will acquiring him get us closer to contender level? Maybe I'm really narrow minded and am not seeing things clearly but to me, trading for Drummond is a Bryan Colangelo move.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 am

bstein14 wrote:He probably only makes sense if they would give up multiple firsts for Siakam, and Toronto thought they could do better with the cap space. I can't see that happening, but I think that is the only way something like this would be possible. They are really solid at the guard spots with their young guys.

That's actually an interesting idea that never crossed my mind. If the Raptors want to go for a 3 year rebuild, that move could pay dividends in the long run. I'd want 3 first round picks though.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#33 » by basketball royalty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 am

If we want him then go I’d just wait for the offseason. No need to give stuff up and ruin this years tank.
props to Turbozone for the sig
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#34 » by basketball royalty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 am

Cavs traded Brandon Knight and John Henson and a 2nd rounder for Drummond. No way would I give up a 1st round pick for him. Nor would anyone else likely.

Especially since we have no guarantees of how good we will be so these picks could be good. Won’t be like when we were getting around 28th pick for a while.
props to Turbozone for the sig
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,321

Post#35 » by douggood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 am

Useyourhead wrote:

during celtics series sure. but what if we hadnt matched up against the celtics, what if it were the 76ers, everything you have said about gasol would have applied to drummond vs embidd.
or the bucks can drummond handle the defensive scheme vs giannis.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#36 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 am

How about hell no.

We should be looking at young assets that we can keep long term to build around. Drummond isn't good enough to be a game changer in the short term and he certainly not a long term option.
We the North
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#37 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 am

He's a free agent at the end of the year why waste assets for him
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,071

Post#38 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 am

Drummond sucks so I’m all in favour for the purposes of the tank.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#39 » by seanbig » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:57 am

We are already tanking with Lowry - not sure a trade for Drummond make things better for the tank or for wins
Official 1,000,000 post crew

Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,

aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,332

Post#40 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:40 pm

He has a 48 TS% from the C position this year. If you put me in the NBA right now, I think I could beat that.

Return to Toronto Raptors