Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Re: Who still wants Harden? 

Post#2001 » by AI_Efficiency » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 am

blargh wrote:
davesilver wrote:
blargh wrote:All I can say is, the Nets are gonna Net.

they really just mortgaged their future for a 30+ star... again.

Time is a flat circle, man. I honestly thought no NBA team was going to be stupid enough to trade that number of sequential FRPs and trade swaps ever again, but for that next team to be the Nets is...unbelievable.

The previous nets / Celtics trade was the exception. The ringer has an article noting how most picks traded years into the future become middle first rounders.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#2002 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 am

BullyKing wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah I am glad, I mean, the goal is to do "smart moves", not about winning a championship, at all...

Thank you

People saying they are glad they didn’t give up this package

Well good luck winning anything with Harris as your elite 2nd option.

We went through the worst period of the NBA ever and all we have is a 2nd round 7 game series to show for it

Fwiw
Harden’s value on this board is way unders
And Simmons and a rookie as the centerpiece is way overs
Picks are a crapshoot anyway at the best of times

Fwiw Simmons value isn’t as high as some people think it is

And your not getting a player even close to Harden’s capability ever again.

Im leaning toward the Rockets using as leverage I don’t think they were ever going to take the deal in the first place.

We have a 3-4 year window that’s it
Then the whole thing starts again

Next in the barrel is Beal is the price is right I’d ship Simmons off today.

God forbid if Embiid has had enough and wants out.

Which is 100% understanable, Garnett situation all over again

I love posts like yours. 100% certainty this team will never get out of the second round while 100% certain we would win a championship if we had Harden given his lengthy history of... not winning championships.

:lol: :lol:

Harden took clown rosters to the playoffs in the East than the one year he has a superstar mate (who Embiid is better than) he almost beats the best team ever assembled. The same team lebron couldn’t even take to 6 games but ya let’s act like CP never got hurt while they were up 3-2
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#2003 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 am

GutUNC wrote:
peZt wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
There there's the matter of the 6 1sts and Thybulle....

Yes, and you still do that trade in a heartbeat. Even if I doubt that 6 1sts would've been needed.

Having a genuine shot at a championship but no draft picks >>>> Second round exit for the next half decade but hey you got a handful of late first round picks

There's so much lunacy here, even before you factor in that the trade deadline wasn't today at 5:00.

Trade deadline is when the team holding the King peice says it is
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#2004 » by blargh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:40 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:
blargh wrote:
davesilver wrote:
they really just mortgaged their future for a 30+ star... again.

Time is a flat circle, man. I honestly thought no NBA team was going to be stupid enough to trade that number of sequential FRPs and trade swaps ever again, but for that next team to be the Nets is...unbelievable.

The previous nets / Celtics trade was the exception. The ringer has an article noting how most picks traded years into the future become middle first rounders.

That analysis is incomplete at best. The problem is giving up so many consecutive years of your draft control effectively gives you no way to get better if things start to go south (e.g. Durant gets injured, Kyrie goes mental, Harden decides he hates his teammates yet again). Each year you get worse because you continue to have no draft help, and the picks continue to get more and more valuable, as you find yourself in a hole that’s impossible to climb out of. The lesson of the previous Nets regime is that giving up these sequential picks has more downside potential than a random single FRP.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#2005 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:43 am

eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
This is a forum. That's literally what everyone does here.

Right, which is why I'm also allowed to express my opinion that it's annoying.

Lol I guess so. I just find it amusing that you choose my post to get worked up about, when there is a large majority of the board that is sick of Ben.

Others are also thinking this is a possibility, so I'm not sure how baseless my thoughts are. It's the obvious pivot. It is likely that if Ben does not improve Morey will need to move him, or Embiid may ask for a trade.

Read on Twitter

Beal isn’t half the player harden is and Washington will take Porter Jr over Ben smh
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#2006 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 am

Jkam31 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:Right, which is why I'm also allowed to express my opinion that it's annoying.

Lol I guess so. I just find it amusing that you choose my post to get worked up about, when there is a large majority of the board that is sick of Ben.

Others are also thinking this is a possibility, so I'm not sure how baseless my thoughts are. It's the obvious pivot. It is likely that if Ben does not improve Morey will need to move him, or Embiid may ask for a trade.

Read on Twitter

Beal isn’t half the player harden is and Washington will take Porter Jr over Ben smh

That's enough troll, run on home.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#2007 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 am

stormi wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Yeah that's way too Fing much. Glad Morey isn't making crazy moves out of desperation.

Are you guys expecting Maxey to be some all star player? You win championships with stars y’all could’ve had two top 7 players but no let’s not giving up phantom picks and role players

You're obsessed with coming onto another teams board and giving an opinion nobody asked for

Can you have discussions like an adult? I simply asked why some wouldn’t wanna give up a rookie and what his potential is
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#2008 » by Mik317 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:49 am

people just assume that Harden + Embiid = Chipzzzz...when that just isnt factual at all. Better chance than the current team? Hell yeah but people are acting like it was a lock. Its not a lock for the Nets either. Their depth is terrible and their 3 stars have shown to be moody ass dudes lol...one of which is currently out on a spirit quest right now. Hell I remember people going "gotta win now because KD and Kyrie gonna run ****" last year...welp. There is more that goes into building great teams than just get all the scorers and you win. GS is the closest to that but Curry and Klay are gdlk off ball players...only KD is that for the nets. Kyrie hates playing off ball and Harden hasn't done so since OKC lol. The Heatles required Wade to become the Robin and that took one year of getting their **** thrown in their face for that to happen. None of the 3 amigos have shown that self sacrifice yet..doubt it starts now. This is not to say the Nets are going to be bad but **** is a risk but a risk worth taking because they have KD...a dude who has done it and to a lesser extent Kyrie as well. I love JoJo but dude goes through periods of not giving a **** and simply as not always brung it in the playoffs as of right now. Bu-but his prime is now...yep. but if his prime is what 3 years left then I don't think its worth sacrificing it all with reckless abandon IMO. I mean he could get hurt and then suddenly Harden bolts and we left with nothing at all.

There is obviously risk in everything. We could have just pissed off Jo and he asks for a trade. Ben could become emo and somehow take even less shots now. Danny Green could threaten us that he will dribble the ball. Who knows. I am just saying its not as cut and dry as yall act. Hell I might do the trade on a different day of the week (especially once Maxey totally sucks now lol).Just saying its not the end of the world either.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#2009 » by stormi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:51 am

Harden's big game track record looks pretty funny in the light even ignoring 2018

Handed everything in Houston, multiple all stars+decent support casts+got to handpick his head coach.

Blown out by 39 to the Spurs in 2017 in an elimination game without Kawhi, bounced by the Warriors without Curry in 2016, made quick work of by the Warriors without Durant in 2019.

There's not an executive in league who knows James Harden more than Daryl Morey and if he truly believed it was a 'g-guaranteed championship' like some RealGM neckbeards he would have pulled the trigger.

We move.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#2010 » by davesilver » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 am

stormi wrote:Harden's big game track record looks pretty funny in the light even ignoring 2018

Handed everything in Houston, multiple all stars+decent support casts+got to handpick his head coach.

Blown out by 39 to the Spurs in 2017 in an elimination game without Kawhi, bounced by the Warriors without Curry in 2016, made quick work of by the Warriors without Durant in 2019.

There's not an executive in league who knows James Harden more than Daryl Morey and if he truly believed it was a 'g-guaranteed championship' like some RealGM neckbeards he would have pulled the trigger.

We move.

Well said. I prefer to do it our way.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#2011 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 am

No, I am not saying Harden + Embiid is a lock to win a chip, I am saying that it is the closest you will get. Which is all I care.
So what are the alternatives? because we've already heard how bad we are for proposing the idea of trading our "treasure chest" for Harden. I want to hear what are the other plans people have in mind that will give us a realistic chance to win a title? other than, of course, keeping Simmons or "organic growth" BS, be realistic people.
Horrible takes since 2016
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#2012 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 am

davesilver wrote:
stormi wrote:Harden's big game track record looks pretty funny in the light even ignoring 2018

We move.

Yeah, our way is being a second round fodder in playoffs, year after year. I guess this time it will be different of course, what could possibly go wrong...
Horrible takes since 2016
tough83
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#2013 » by tough83 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:09 am

what's concerning is that what is embiid going to do if no moves are made in the offseason and simmons does nothing this season? i mean will embiid want out? the guy wants to compete and if the fo has no interest in improving the team, i wont be shocked that he wants to get moved.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#2014 » by Black Mage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am

Stanford wrote:
Kova wrote:I don't think we're a better team with Harden.

Just look at how good Embiid looks with Seth Curry, man. Come on.

These Ben truthers are nauseating. He'll be 35 and take his 1 3 and they'll still exclaim "this is it, this changes the entire team dynamic, he's ready to shoot it, his latest hype vids are the truth!" :crazy: :banghead:
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#2015 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 am

Mik317 wrote:people just assume that Harden + Embiid = Chipzzzz...when that just isnt factual at all. Better chance than the current team? Hell yeah but people are acting like it was a lock. Its not a lock for the Nets either. Their depth is terrible and their 3 stars have shown to be moody ass dudes lol...one of which is currently out on a spirit quest right now. Hell I remember people going "gotta win now because KD and Kyrie gonna run ****" last year...welp. There is more that goes into building great teams than just get all the scorers and you win. GS is the closest to that but Curry and Klay are gdlk off ball players...only KD is that for the nets. Kyrie hates playing off ball and Harden hasn't done so since OKC lol. The Heatles required Wade to become the Robin and that took one year of getting their **** thrown in their face for that to happen. None of the 3 amigos have shown that self sacrifice yet..doubt it starts now. This is not to say the Nets are going to be bad but **** is a risk but a risk worth taking because they have KD...a dude who has done it and to a lesser extent Kyrie as well. I love JoJo but dude goes through periods of not giving a **** and simply as not always brung it in the playoffs as of right now. Bu-but his prime is now...yep. but if his prime is what 3 years left then I don't think its worth sacrificing it all with reckless abandon IMO. I mean he could get hurt and then suddenly Harden bolts and we left with nothing at all.

There is obviously risk in everything. We could have just pissed off Jo and he asks for a trade. Ben could become emo and somehow take even less shots now. Danny Green could threaten us that he will dribble the ball. Who knows. I am just saying its not as cut and dry as yall act. Hell I might do the trade on a different day of the week (especially once Maxey totally sucks now lol).Just saying its not the end of the world either.

Danny Green: "Don't make me dribble this basketball cuz I'll **** do it, you'll be sorry!!
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#2016 » by Black Mage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am

Mik317 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:All NBA is based on meaningless Regular Season, so it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

so if playoff success is all that matters

then why are you caping for Harden?

Um, getting to the WCF is no joke. He's gotten farther than we ever have and done it multiple times.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#2017 » by davesilver » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
davesilver wrote:

We move.

Yeah, our way is being a second round fodder in playoffs, year after year. I guess this time it will be different of course, what could possibly go wrong...

Sending all your picks, your 2-time 24 year old all-star, your all-defensive level 23 year old prospect, your 20 year old rookie who dropped 39 on high efficiency for a 31 year old (albeit all-time scorer) for 2 years of ~25% title contention.

Listen, I was all in on the trade, but I trust Morey's ability to make the right decisions. It was a potentially franchise devastating trade.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#2018 » by 6ers83 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am

I think we just found out other organizations do not value Ben Simmons that much.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#2019 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 am

Black Mage wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Kova wrote:I don't think we're a better team with Harden.

Just look at how good Embiid looks with Seth Curry, man. Come on.

These Ben truthers are nauseating. He'll be 35 and take his 1 3 and they'll still exclaim "this is it, this changes the entire team dynamic, he's ready to shoot it, his latest hype vids are the truth!" :crazy: :banghead:

okay
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#2020 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

6ers83 wrote:I think we just found out other organizations do not value Ben Simmons that much.

We found out that one organization was determined to get the best package possible for their superstar and that package came from another team.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers