ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#501 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:
mtcan wrote:Thon Maker released by the Cavs...is he worth a gamble? Is he worse than Len and Baynes?

Thon Maker only plays well against the Raptors. He won't play well as a Raptor.

yep, it's the Raptor-killer-fallacy that you can just sign them so they can't hurt us.

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#502 » by Zeno » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 am

Rockets have waived Bruno for Harden trade. It is time to bring him home.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#503 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am

Zeno wrote:Rockets have waived Bruno for Harden trade. It is time to bring him home.

Yep. I would. Backup at 4....
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#504 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 am

#BringBackBruno :pray:
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#505 » by nabbs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:28 am

There is one trade that helps us stay competitive and potentially gets us a pick and that’s calling up Lresti and asking for Al Horford

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#506 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 am

I wonder if we can make a deal for Turner now
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#507 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 am

nabbs wrote:There is one trade that helps us stay competitive and potentially gets us a pick and that’s calling up Lresti and asking for Al Horford

Why in God's name would we do that? Lol
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#508 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:I wonder if we can make a deal for Turner now

I doubt it. Levert is there to play with Turner and Sabonis.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#509 » by Zeno » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 am

nabbs wrote:There is one trade that helps us stay competitive and potentially gets us a pick and that’s calling up Lresti and asking for Al Horford

At worst, he's going to figure out how to dump him in an asset neutral way. He has no motivation to dump salary by including picks. They have to someone anyway, there is a salary floor.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,156

Post#510 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:22 am

Zeno wrote:

At worst, he's going to figure out how to dump him in an asset neutral way. He has no motivation to dump salary by including picks. They have to someone anyway, there is a salary floor.

90% of the salary cap if I'm not mistaken?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#511 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:32 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:#BringBackBruno :pray:

Waive Bembry?

What about Dieng?

Powell, Len and Bemry for Dieng and Sean McDermott (send to 905 or waive)

PG Lowry - Flynn - Harris
SG FVV - Davis - Thomas
SF OG - Yuta - Davis
PF Siakam - Boucher - Stanley
C Dieng - Boucher - Baynes
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#512 » by zilby » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

Minor sell trade at the deadline assuming we're ready to go into asset collection mode and enter a medium-term rebuild:

Norman Powell + Chris Boucher to Denver for Gary Harris + DEN protected 2021 FRP
Protection: Top 25, if DEN does not convey then the obligation then becomes DEN 2023 + 2024 SRP

Raptors:
- collect picks and cash in on Chris Boucher's excellent start to the season and Norm's (potentially) expiring contract
- Take a flier on Gary Harris, who has been maddeningly inconsistent throughout his career and is essentially completely ignored within Denver's system, BUT he's only 26 and could rebuild his value enough on a team such as ours where he'll actually get shots. Assuming he manages to revive himself even a little, he becomes an asset to trade in the offseason or the next deadline for another return. At worst, he expires and you let him leave. At best, he's a potential piece or trade asset

Nuggets:
- Shores up their depth which has been a huge issue this season (Denver has been historic levels of terrible when Jokic sits, lineups struggle to create)
- Boucher fills a much-needed role of shooting, athleticism, defense and shotblocking that they lost with Jerami Grant's departure off the bench or potentially in some lineups next to Jokic
- Norm's production can offset enough of the void left by Harris' depature and gives them either an added playmaker and 6th man if you start Barton, or perhaps you elevate Monte Morris to the starting 5 since he and Murray play really well together

Denver's potential new depth chart:
Murray/Morris
Barton/Powell
Porter/Dozier
Millsap/Green
Jokic/Boucher
Hawaiian pizza is good.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,336

Post#513 » by alpngso » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 pm

people mentioning Maker and Bruno as option makes me really depressed about the state Raptors are in right now
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#514 » by Morse Code » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Bruno would be a very welcomed addition if we’re tanking lol I actually do still believe he has rotation player ability though.
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#515 » by Morse Code » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:09 pm

alpngso wrote:people mentioning Maker and Bruno as option makes me really depressed about the state Raptors are in right now

Embrace it bro. We got our championship. Time to relax and fantasize about having a couple top young talents on the team for years to come, and what we could build if we get 1 or 2.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#516 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Morse Code wrote:Bruno would be a very welcomed addition if we’re tanking lol I actually do still believe he has rotation player ability though.

If they bring him back and he plays, won't that mean that the draft pick wasn't so bad? :D

He's more useful than Bembry. He's like a slower version of Boucher.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#517 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 pm

zilby wrote:Minor sell trade at the deadline assuming we're ready to go into asset collection mode and enter a medium-term rebuild:

Norman Powell + Chris Boucher to Denver for Gary Harris + DEN protected 2021 FRP
Protection: Top 25, if DEN does not convey then the obligation then becomes DEN 2023 + 2024 SRP

Raptors:
- collect picks and cash in on Chris Boucher's excellent start to the season and Norm's (potentially) expiring contract
- Take a flier on Gary Harris, who has been maddeningly inconsistent throughout his career and is essentially completely ignored within Denver's system, BUT he's only 26 and could rebuild his value enough on a team such as ours where he'll actually get shots. Assuming he manages to revive himself even a little, he becomes an asset to trade in the offseason or the next deadline for another return. At worst, he expires and you let him leave. At best, he's a potential piece or trade asset

Nuggets:
- Shores up their depth which has been a huge issue this season (Denver has been historic levels of terrible when Jokic sits, lineups struggle to create)
- Boucher fills a much-needed role of shooting, athleticism, defense and shotblocking that they lost with Jerami Grant's departure off the bench or potentially in some lineups next to Jokic
- Norm's production can offset enough of the void left by Harris' depature and gives them either an added playmaker and 6th man if you start Barton, or perhaps you elevate Monte Morris to the starting 5 since he and Murray play really well together

Murray/Morris
Barton/Powell
Porter/Dozier
Millsap/Green
Jokic/Boucher

A Denver poster came on here offering Boucher for their 2021 1st. I'd rather just make that simple swap if possible, don't need Harris.

I would think Boucher still needs to produce a bit longer (more sample size) before him being considered for a 1st rd pick but its a good sign
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#518 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:28 pm

Psubs wrote:
Morse Code wrote:Bruno would be a very welcomed addition if we’re tanking lol I actually do still believe he has rotation player ability though.

If they bring him back and he plays, won't that mean that the draft pick wasn't so bad? :D

He's more useful than Bembry. He's like a slower version of Boucher.

i say can't hurt to have another tank commander? amiright? :lol: even a real tank commander needs his generals
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#519 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm

T-d0t wrote:
zilby wrote:Minor sell trade at the deadline assuming we're ready to go into asset collection mode and enter a medium-term rebuild:

Raptors:

Nuggets:

Murray/Morris
Barton/Powell
Porter/Dozier
Millsap/Green
Jokic/Boucher

A Denver poster came on here offering Boucher for their 2021 1st. I'd rather just make that simple swap if possible, don't need Harris.

I would think Boucher still needs to produce a bit longer (more sample size) before him being considered for a 1st rd pick but its a good sign

hasn't Gary Harris been injury prone and is similar to Norman Powell in terms of production? and unreliable. he's only 1 year younger than Powell and is making 20M next year. ya if the Raps want a significant player on the FA market, can't have Harris hanging around.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#520 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:hasn't Gary Harris been injury prone and is similar to Norman Powell in terms of production? and unreliable. he's only 1 year younger than Powell and is making 20M next year. ya if the Raps want a significant player on the FA market, can't have Harris hanging around.

Ya, if their going to take on 2022 salary, I'd trade expirings for Thaddeus Young. At least he can help as a forward off the bench.

Return to Toronto Raptors