[WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,803

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#661 » by GSP » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:Sixers really didn’t give up Ben wow.

I told y’all in the other thread it all came down to what the 76ers were willing to give up.

What? Accoring to Shams they offered Ben and Thybulle but didnt want to give up Maxey or much picks along with that
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,803

Re: [WOJ/SHAMS] 4 Way Blockbuster, Harden to BK, Prince and Allen to Cavs, Oladipo, Exum, Picks to Hou, Levert to Ind 

Post#662 » by GSP » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 am

Joe Harris gonna **** a million true shooting percentage if these 3 stick
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#663 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 am

GSP wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:Sixers really didn’t give up Ben wow.

I told y’all in the other thread it all came down to what the 76ers were willing to give up.

What? Accoring to Shams they offered Ben and Thybulle but didnt want to give up Maxey or much picks along with that

I read another report my apologies but really they didn’t want to give up maxey?? Wow.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#665 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 am

The Nets learned nothing from the last time they built a superteam. The Rockets won this trade by a mile. I'm trying to think of a worse trade in nba history... drawing a blank. Nets won't control their pick until 2029. They are completely screwed.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#666 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

floppymoose wrote:The Nets learned nothing from the last time they built a superteam. The Rockets won this trade by a mile. I'm trying to think of a worse trade in nba history... drawing a blank. Nets won't control their pick until 2029. They are completely screwed.

You can’t compare an old KG and PP to a man MVP still in his prime, averaged 34 last year(scoring champ) Healthy KD who’s still giving you 30/7/5 and Kyrie who’s only 28.

Remember the nets never won anything. We been stepped on, pushed over, no one ever believed in us. This is a move we had to make. The KG/PP trade was some forced move to induce our move to NY. This is something new. This is something special right here
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#667 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 am

^ I'm not wishing ill will on the Nets. Don't confuse my take for hate. I don't hate the Nets - I hate the trade for them.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,786

Post#668 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 am

I like this move for the Nets. It may get bad reviews because of past precendent with KG, Pierce, ect. but those guys were fossils when that trade happened

The reality is that Harden is 31 years old with still a lot of game left. KD is 32. Kyrie is 28. All these guys are still in their prime the championship window opens up for at least the next 2 years

Perhaps a necessary risk for the Nets to take
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#669 » by Young Stapler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 am

Roy The Natural wrote:There's a lot of derping about this from the general board... but the reality is, the Nets just stole value like crazy in this trade. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. However, there is no world in which this isn't worth the shot for them.

This is an absolutely embarrassing return for Houston. They postured like they wanted a valuable piece and they got absolutely nothing valuable back. Those picks may be valuable... they may be nothing. Houston got a couple of slot machine pulls 5 years down the road and nothing else.

At the same time, team's like Portland should be embarrassed as well. Really? You couldn't beat this Portland? You couldn't move CJ, some picks, and some young guys for a legit shot at a title?

I might be done with basketball this year. Tired of being a Blazer fan and watching this team trot out the same team and coach for a decade. Thank god the Padres are a team that actually has some balls and take risks.

Cheer up roy its still early in the season. No telling what kind of noise the Blazers will make as the season goes on! Yall just torched us like a week or two ago :lol:
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#670 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

Young Stapler wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:There's a lot of derping about this from the general board... but the reality is, the Nets just stole value like crazy in this trade. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. However, there is no world in which this isn't worth the shot for them.

This is an absolutely embarrassing return for Houston. They postured like they wanted a valuable piece and they got absolutely nothing valuable back. Those picks may be valuable... they may be nothing. Houston got a couple of slot machine pulls 5 years down the road and nothing else.

At the same time, team's like Portland should be embarrassed as well. Really? You couldn't beat this Portland? You couldn't move CJ, some picks, and some young guys for a legit shot at a title?

I might be done with basketball this year. Tired of being a Blazer fan and watching this team trot out the same team and coach for a decade. Thank god the Padres are a team that actually has some balls and take risks.

Cheer up roy its still early in the season. No telling what kind of noise the Blazers will make as the season goes on! Yall just torched us like a week or two ago :lol:

Honestly, the Padres have ruined me. Regardless of whether all their moves work out or not, watching a team not afraid to be bold in its decisions has made me realize exactly how passive and rudderless the Blazers have been over the past 5 years. They're not even attempting to play the young players with upside, yet they trot out league worst rotation players in Hood and Melo every night for major minutes. I just don't know what this team is trying to do. Are they trying to compete now? Then why do they maintain their picks and keep drafting players they aren't willing to play. Are they trying to develop players for the future? Then why do they keep trotting out the corpses of Rodney Hood and Carmelo Anthony?

Meanwhile, the Padres have made a decision, they're going to truly open their window. They've made the bold moves to open the window now. On paper they're probably the second best team in the MLB with upside to be the best time in the MLB. The Blazers pass at every opportunity to take a step into true contention.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#671 » by John Murdoch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 am

Looking at this from Indys perspective..they must have known either Victor wasnt the same player or he wasnt going to re-sign . Either way they win imo. Nets sacrifice all depth basically but will be attractive for guys in the buyout market and they are an offensive juggernaut now. Rockets ..i get that they were in a tough spot but taking this deal over simmons/thybul/picks is pretty gross tbh..also why not demand Jarret Allen? All in all kinda hard not to say everyone basically gangbanged houston
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#672 » by Gus McCrae » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 am

I just wish it was the Knick super team and not the Nets.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,374

Post#673 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 am

So one of those BKN FRP swaps is for 2021. Which is likely not to happen. Jury’s out on the 23, 25, and 27 swaps.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#674 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 am

floppymoose wrote:The Nets learned nothing from the last time they built a superteam. The Rockets won this trade by a mile. I'm trying to think of a worse trade in nba history... drawing a blank. Nets won't control their pick until 2029. They are completely screwed.

Last time they traded for KG and PP who were older than dirt and clearly didn't help the nets as much as they thought.

Right now they have two top 5 players on the team and a top 5 PG. If Irving doesn't play the nets are as good as the Lakers were last year. Irving plays they are on the same level as the warriors when they had their run.

Picks are overrated and will be in the late 20s plus they can easily sign ring chasers. Great trade for the nets and will lead to multiple titles.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#675 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:59 am

floppymoose wrote:^ I'm not wishing ill will on the Nets. Don't confuse my take for hate. I don't hate the Nets - I hate the trade for them.

I respect that
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#676 » by Brooklyn91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am

I will always root for Jarred Allen and Caris Levert. Thank you guys for everything and helping make the Nets respectable again :noway:
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#677 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:08 am

John Murdoch wrote:Looking at this from Indys perspective..they must have known either Victor wasnt the same player or he wasnt going to re-sign . Either way they win imo. Nets sacrifice all depth basically but will be attractive for guys in the buyout market and they are an offensive juggernaut now. Rockets ..i get that they were in a tough spot but taking this deal over simmons/thybul/picks is pretty gross tbh..also why not demand Jarret Allen? All in all kinda hard not to say everyone basically gangbanged houston

Rockets traded Harden to the nets because that is where he wanted to be. Owners no longer have any power and if a player wants to be traded to certain team the owners are pretty much required to do so.
*Insert witty signature here.*
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#678 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 am

Does this really make the Nets favorites over the Bucks in the East? Bucks currently have the best offense in the NBA and are strong defensively at every spot in the starting five. They also matchup very well with BKN (Holiday on Irving, DiVencenzo or Middleton on Harden, Giannis on Durant).

Bucks play both sides of the ball. That matters. And Giannis is going to absolutely destroy the Nets as well.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#679 » by HEKTOR » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 am

I don't understand why the Rockets didn't take Allen in this deal? Wouldn't he have been a great fit in their front-court next to Wood?
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#680 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 am

HEKTOR wrote:I don't understand why the Rockets didn't take Allen in this deal? Wouldn't he have been a great fit in their front-court next to Wood?

Guy is due for a payday not good for Tillman's pocket

Return to The General Board