ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#1201 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

I don't understand the Cavaliers' role in the trade. What did they give up to get Allen and Prince?
In Rizzo we trust
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1202 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:14 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I don't understand the Cavaliers' role in the trade. What did they give up to get Allen and Prince?

They took on Prince's additional year for next year at 13M and gave up a late 2022 1st (Bucks pick).
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1203 » by deneem4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 pm

What if tommy would’ve waited and we could’ve been part of the trade and snuck and took Allen and prince

Wall or Westbrook
Beal
Prince
Rui
Allen
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
EDC10
Ballboy
And1: 46

Post#1204 » by EDC10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:42 pm

I wonder if Cleveland will look to flip Allen, or move Drummond ?
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#1205 » by trast66 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 am

EDC10 wrote:I wonder if Cleveland will look to flip Allen, or move Drummond ?

It’s a good question. I think Allen fits better with their guards long term, so I assume Drummond available.
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#1206 » by trast66 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 am

Nice job by Houston considering their owner does not want to spend money as his worth has plunged. They have gone form luxury tax to having cap room next year they probably won’t use.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1207 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 am

closg00 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Cavs somehow got Jarret Allen

Ernie still helping other teams long after he left

Please explain....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1208 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 am

Frichuela wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Wish we could’ve acquired Allen for basically nothing

Well, they paid a MIL 1st rounder and had to absorb Prince's hefty contract. But yeah, they did great in the trade. Drummond is gone next season if not traded by the deadline. Plus they have a good young core going forward: Sexton/Garland/Porter Jr/Okoro/Allen plus Larry Nance.

Absolutely -- a great deal for Cleveland. And they will have no trouble paying him next year -- which we couldn't have done easily.

But the Nets now have 1 C on their roster -- Claxton. If they still have him....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1209 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 am

I can't see why they'd want to flip Allen -- he's a great get for them! & Drummond is expiring -- they might try to move him, if they can get something signifiant back. Which they might at the deadline.
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 250

Post#1210 » by gesa2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 am

payitforward wrote:

I can't see why they'd want to flip Allen -- he's a great get for them! & Drummond is expiring -- they might try to move him, if they can get something signifiant back. Which they might at the deadline.

Dear god don’t let it be us
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant

Post#1211 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 am

payitforward wrote:

Huh. Drummond has a TS of 48% and ORtg of 92 on a usage of 31% making almost 29M.

Nobody is giving anything up to get him.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1212 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am

payitforward wrote:
Frichuela wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Wish we could’ve acquired Allen for basically nothing

Well, they paid a MIL 1st rounder and had to absorb Prince's hefty contract. But yeah, they did great in the trade. Drummond is gone next season if not traded by the deadline. Plus they have a good young core going forward: Sexton/Garland/Porter Jr/Okoro/Allen plus Larry Nance.

Absolutely -- a great deal for Cleveland. And they will have no trouble paying him next year -- which we couldn't have done easily.

But the Nets now have 1 C on their roster -- Claxton. If they still have him....

Deandre Jordan?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#1213 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 am

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Westbrook for Kyrie

I'm not even sure I'd do it. That's how much I dislike Kyrie. His contract is just as long too.

Kyrie is obviously more movable, so I guess I would do it, if only to flip Kyrie somewhere else.

Pros- Let Westbrook have his reunion with Durant/Harden/Jeff Green. Kyrie could even sit out this season, Wizards don't pay him, and when things are back to normal as far as Covid goes then maybe Kyrie will come back to normal. Wizards may be better without this injured version of Westbrook plus he's getting older. Kyrie in the playoffs is more preferable IMO.

Cons- Beal may not approve- he already didn't get along with Tatum - his guy from St. Louis. The Wizards could be worse in the short run- which could cause Beal to want out. Kyrie has already seemed to alienate his teammates in his last 3 stops. He's become a magnet for controversy in the national media.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#1214 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:28 pm

The Cavs also have JaVale McGee, Robinson for McGee and some change
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#1215 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 pm

payitforward wrote:
closg00 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Cavs somehow got Jarret Allen

Ernie still helping other teams long after he left

Please explain....

The Nets used our trade of a 1st rounder to select Allen, so I claim him as an honorary Wizard
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1216 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm

closg00 wrote:

The Cavs also have JaVale McGee, Robinson for McGee and some change

Nah, he's 33, and that'll just take away half a pingpong ball from us in the lottery.

As for Allen, again he's going to be an RFA and get a nice offer from someone. If we match it, we go into the lux tax - unless we make other move(s) to lower the team's salaries.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Litano
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#1217 » by Litano » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Seeing Houston's haul from this trade just makes me even more upset about the Wall move. We sent this guy who's stayed loyal to us for a decade into a trash fire of a franchise, with a cheap owner even more incompetent than Leonsis. Stone and Silas seem to be doing the best they can considering the circumstances, but the Rockets clearly went into this trade looking to slash salary. They'll keep Oladipo this year if they can't flip him and end up as a low playoffs/play-in team this year, then move off him next year and spend the rest of John's prime using him as a tank commander as they enter a full rebuild with these picks.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1218 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:26 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Huh. Drummond has a TS of 48% and ORtg of 92 on a usage of 31% making almost 29M.

Nobody is giving anything up to get him.

Yeah, Drummond's a dinosaur in today's NBA - even in yesterday's NBA. He also turns the ball over way too much.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1219 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:18 pm

closg00 wrote:
payitforward wrote:
closg00 wrote:Ernie still helping other teams long after he left

Please explain....

The Nets used our trade of a 1st rounder to select Allen, so I claim him as an honorary Wizard

Very sensible of you.

(Of course, we'd probably have picked Swanigan! :) )
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant

Post#1220 » by pcbothwel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Litano wrote:Seeing Houston's haul from this trade just makes me even more upset about the Wall move. We sent this guy who's stayed loyal to us for a decade into a trash fire of a franchise, with a cheap owner even more incompetent than Leonsis. Stone and Silas seem to be doing the best they can considering the circumstances, but the Rockets clearly went into this trade looking to slash salary. They'll keep Oladipo this year if they can't flip him and end up as a low playoffs/play-in team this year, then move off him next year and spend the rest of John's prime using him as a tank commander as they enter a full rebuild with these picks.

Stayed Loyal? It wasn't like he was every presented a choice and elected to stay in DC.
- He was drafted 1 overall and paid more than any Rookie in NBA history.
- He was offered, and accepted, a Max extension that paid him THE MOST money possible, One year before he was even a FA....
- Then, he was offered, and accepted, a Full Designated Player Max that paid him more than any NBA player in the world outside of Westbrook... TWO YEARS before any other team could of made an offer.

At every opportunity the Wizards organization paid him as much as legally possible as soon as possible. We didnt send the guy to Cleveland or Detroit for god sakes.

Return to Washington Wizards